Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm

I said I was done before but I now I freaking mean it. Just before I went and deleted my PoF profile I started getting messages from a girl. I figured what the hell and started talking to her. She was really pretty, enjoyed the same things I did, and got along with me really well. We got to talking about our disabilties and I found out she doesn't have aspergers but the combination of things she does have makes her think and act a lot like an aspie. She said and I quote "I really want to meet you. I feel like you would understand me better than anyone else I've met on here." So we went out for dinner last night, took a walk around the mall, and I thought things were going great. Then today I texted her good morning and she asked me to stop texting her. I asked her why and she said "Because you're nice, but you're too weird for me. I don't want to see you anymore."

So not only am I too weird to date NTs, other aspies can't stand to be around me either.

Freaking done.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

It’s not just an aspie thing, this is the common quality of girls you find online.

Today I was sitting with my NT coworker guys, one is now married and one is divorced; and they told me stories more horrible than your.

Like this one girl who asked him to take her to his place on 1st date but he declined nicely, yet next morning she went berserk at him and told him to cut everything.

Or this other girl who fetched his car’s glovebox and found his ex wife’s necklace- she wanted to take it and they argued about it.

Crazies... lot of crazies. The normal ones are the exception, believe me.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 2:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It’s not just an aspie thing, this is the common quality of girls you find online.

Today I was sitting with my NT coworker guys, one is now married and one is divorced; and they told me stories more horrible than your.

Like this one girl who asked him to take her to his place on 1st date but he declined nicely, yet next morning she went berserk at him and told him to cut everything.

Or this other girl who fetched his car’s glovebox and found his ex wife’s necklace- she wanted to take it and they argued about it.

Normal can't be the exception. Normal is normal and the exception is abnormal. If being married or in a relationship at X age are normal in your region, then the ones who aren't married or in a relationship are the minority.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 3:20 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Normal can't be the exception. Normal is normal and the exception is abnormal. If being married or in a relationship at X age are normal in your region, then the ones who aren't married or in a relationship are the minority.

Normal is the exception on internet dating. People turn to the internet to date for a reason. Mostly because they cannot make it work approaching people and networking normally. It’s not the case with everyone, but the face of boo is right. Online “normal” and offline “normal” aren’t the same. It’s definitely normal online to find more people with issues.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 3:26 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Normal is the exception on internet dating. People turn to the internet to date for a reason. Mostly because they cannot make it work approaching people and networking normally. It’s not the case with everyone, but the face of boo is right.

A lot of people use it now. Humans have become disconnected due r technology most hardly talk to other people during their day, always on their phones. It’s why internet dating use to be for nerds and losers only but is no common place in society. Sorry but the thdosuands of women in my area aren’t crazy or messed up. Just about everyone’s on dating sites today aside from people in relationships.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 3:36 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Normal is the exception on internet dating. People turn to the internet to date for a reason. Mostly because they cannot make it work approaching people and networking normally. It’s not the case with everyone, but the face of boo is right.

A lot of people use it now. Humans have become disconnected due r technology most hardly talk to other people during their day, always on their phones. It’s why internet dating use to be for nerds and losers only but is no common place in society. Sorry but the thdosuands of women in my area aren’t crazy or messed up. Just about everyone’s on dating sites today aside from people in relationships.

I thought the same until I started working for large businesses and having to interact with non geeky people. It definitely is more common for normal people to use online dating now, but it’s still not the majority. Maybe 1 out of 30 people used online dating.

More normal people use tinder than traditional dating sites, but tinder is tinder, a socially acceptable “app”. I don’t use it anymore, as I can’t tell if someone is worth it by looking at a picture, so it’s worthless to me.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 17 Feb 2018, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 3:37 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I am talking about the women on online dating apps, not the real life - most people irl don’t use dating apps.

WP isn’t that different though.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 8:38 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Online “normal” and offline “normal” aren’t the same. It’s definitely normal online to find more people with issues.

Something I've had the displeasure of finding out recently, albeit not through personal experience.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 9:15 am

Read and try doing the advice of "Old Mistresses Apologue, 25 June 1745" ( https://founders.archives.gov/documents ... 03-02-0011 ). The letter was censored and considered quite scandalous for its time. It advised young men to "prefer old Women to young ones." If you want to cut to the chase, scroll down about halfway to the salutation "My dear Friend[.]"

The most quoted part of the letter is the 8th and last reason to prefer older women: "They are so grateful!!"

So take Ben's advice and look for women who are, say 30 to 35 years of age. Compared to your 26 years of age, they will feel immensely flattered.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 2:49 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I thought the same until I started working for large businesses and having to interact with non geeky people. It definitely is more common for normal people to use online dating now, but it’s still not the majority. Maybe 1 out of 30 people used online dating.

More normal people use tinder than traditional dating sites, but tinder is tinder, a socially acceptable “app”. I don’t use it anymore, as I can’t tell if someone is worth it by looking at a picture, so it’s worthless to me.

Well most single people in Eugene Oregon are on dating sites. I don’t live anywhere else so can’t tell you. But given how many people are on them it’d have to be most the singles. Numbers don’t lie. NoThat sounds horrible. I’ve never hit a woman.
What’s upsetting is if thwtmman had s good job, car and his own place most women would consider him a real man and date him. I’ve seen lots of violent mean men who have relationships and are considered real men. I’m not a man apparently. I’m sure there’s women who’d consider ma a bad man. Just like they csaid snider men with their life together good men, so opposite of good is bad. While your example is of a morally bad man as it’s not moral to be violent towards women for refusing to do something. But a lot of women today use too or bad in superficial ways not moral ways. Which is why women somplaind saying where are all the good men but they don’t mean morally good, they don’t complain about men who are drinks or violent they complain about how most men they see are worthless losers who don’t have their life together. So in today’s society no one is concerned with if a man is moral or not but instead about his status in life. Go back 60 years and it was about morals. If you didn’t beat your wife, or cheat or steal etc you were a good man and when womnensaid they wanted w good man that’s what they mean, but it doesn’t mean that anymore.
This society we live in is horrible and only getting worse. People don’t see others as humans anymore but just a list of requirements and if yiu don’t match your not human. It’s why people are dehumanizing others and it’s why people are able to commit horrible murders, if you don’t see anyone besides yourself as human it’s easy to kill them without feeling bad.
I’m one of the few uneffected. Probably cause I was poor. I’ve noticed it’s mostlu poor people who are the kindest most caring of others. will they admit it if you ask them? No hell no. I’ve seen plenty of my coworkers on dating sites. One of my mangers came up in the queue for me. I closed the app until she stopped coming up as I didn’t want to either like or dislike her. There’s lots and lots of university students on OkCupid. So i dont know maybe it’s. Ore mainstream in the use then new Zealand or whatever nation boo lives in.

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2018, 4:07 pm

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Well most single people in Eugene Oregon are on dating sites. I don’t live anywhere else so can’t tell you. But given how many people are on them it’d have to be most the singles. Numbers don’t lie. NoThat sounds horrible. I’ve never hit a woman.
What’s upsetting is if thwtmman had s good job, car and his own place most women would consider him a real man and date him. I’ve seen lots of violent mean men who have relationships and are considered real men. I’m not a man apparently. I’m sure there’s women who’d consider ma a bad man. Just like they csaid snider men with their life together good men, so opposite of good is bad. While your example is of a morally bad man as it’s not moral to be violent towards women for refusing to do something. But a lot of women today use too or bad in superficial ways not moral ways. Which is why women somplaind saying where are all the good men but they don’t mean morally good, they don’t complain about men who are drinks or violent they complain about how most men they see are worthless losers who don’t have their life together. So in today’s society no one is concerned with if a man is moral or not but instead about his status in life. Go back 60 years and it was about morals. If you didn’t beat your wife, or cheat or steal etc you were a good man and when womnensaid they wanted w good man that’s what they mean, but it doesn’t mean that anymore.
This society we live in is horrible and only getting worse. People don’t see others as humans anymore but just a list of requirements and if yiu don’t match your not human. It’s why people are dehumanizing others and it’s why people are able to commit horrible murders, if you don’t see anyone besides yourself as human it’s easy to kill them without feeling bad.
I’m one of the few uneffected. Probably cause I was poor. I’ve noticed it’s mostlu poor people who are the kindest most caring of others. will they admit it if you ask them? No hell no. I’ve seen plenty of my coworkers on dating sites. One of my mangers came up in the queue for me. I closed the app until she stopped coming up as I didn’t want to either like or dislike her. There’s lots and lots of university students on OkCupid. So i dont know maybe it’s. Ore mainstream in the use then new Zealand or whatever nation boo lives in.

Yes we know. You've given your "I'm not a real man" shpiel on nearly every thread in this forum.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 5:57 pm

The girl is just cuckoo. Forget about her, and go on to someone else.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 12:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The girl is just cuckoo. Forget about her, and go on to someone else.

Maybe he is weird, in some people’s opinion. I mean that’s a bit harsh, no one owes anyone else a relationship.

You really can’t tell if you’ll hit it off if you talk to someone online then meet. Everyone who doesn’t like you isn’t automatically “crazy”. It’s just unfortunate.

It’s much more common to find crazy people online, (No, not just women) but this case really doesn’t ring crazy.

I’d be surprised if there is anyone on this site who hasn’t been in his shoes. I got my first experience like this when I was 20. Cried for a month. Then I got past it, and I learned. The guy wasn’t “crazy”. He just liked me less in real life than I seemed online.

SummerAndSmoke
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2018, 1:45 am

Quote:
Then today I texted her good morning and she asked me to stop texting her. I asked her why and she said "Because you're nice, but you're too weird for me. I don't want to see you anymore."

Aspergers or no Aspergers, there are sadly zillions of folks like this on the planet. Dating apps create the illusion of endless options, but special people are just as rare on the internet as they are in the real world.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 10:41 am

Yep. I’ve experienced that. People changing their minds about you for no apparent reason.

I’ve never felt a sense of “entitlement.” That’s Elliot Rodger territory. But I’ve felt sad and frustrated, nevertheless.

But I never got bitter. I guess it’s a “defensive” reaction to dismiss someone changing their minds as “cuckoo.”

But when I’m called “weird,” I tend not to feel objective at the moment, and do feel that a person changing their minds at a moment’s notice (after expressing a strong fondness for you) is “cuckoo.”

Upon reflection, though, I grow to feel that “this is people, in a nutshell,” and just move on to the next person, my faith in the possibility of love intact.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. I’ve experienced that. People changing their minds about you for no apparent reason.

I’ve never felt a sense of “entitlement.” That’s Elliot Rodger territory. But I’ve felt sad and frustrated, nevertheless.

But I never got bitter. I guess it’s a “defensive” reaction to dismiss someone changing their minds as “cuckoo.”

But when I’m called “weird,” I tend not to feel objective at the moment, and do feel that a person changing their minds at a moment’s notice (after expressing a strong fondness for you) is “cuckoo.”

Upon reflection, though, I grow to feel that “this is people, in a nutshell,” and just move on to the next person, my faith in the possibility of love intact.

People are like that, Making a scene on a date really isn’t acceptable, so people politely go on it and let people know afterwards.

She probably did like him a lot, on paper, politely did the date when she realised she didn’t like him in real life and told him the next day.

That’s not crazy. Everyone does it.

He deserves better, but she isn’t crazy.