you are in somebody's house, mess it slightly up ;)

Page 5 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

how to tweak an acquaintance or stranger in their house when they're gone
i'd do no such thing EVAH! :o 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
get me in the right mood, and... ;) 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
I dunno... :shrug: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
i'd rather have an ice cream! :chef: 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
i'd rather eat roast beast :chef: 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 20

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:22 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I am in someone else' house right now.
But I'm not going to mess it up.
It's the third time I've house sat here.
And it's nice having this old ~2800sf house to myself.
It's at the end of a road next to a ravine with tall cedars & a creek running through it - very quiet.
While there isn't anything of real monetary value here, there's a lot of the owner's paintings on the wall to look at.
All I have to do is be here overnight so no one breaks in and water the plants.. and if I do mess it up a little bit, there's a cleaning lady that'll be scheduled to come clean it.

I'm not opposed to a little practical joke if anyone suggests anything truly funny. So far the only one I thought might be a candidate was the suggestion to move everything to the left a little, so when they're back they have a hard time getting their bearings in their own home - that one's kinda harmless funny and I could see it driving them a little nuts for a while until they figured it out. Something simple like that miiiight be something I'd do before I leave here.. so, feel free to keep posting suggestions and if there's some harmless bit of fun that seems juuuuust right I might just go ahead and do it before they get back.

Just be very certain that you will be OK with never house sitting for them again. (If someone did anything pranky in my house, however innocuous, they would not be allowed inside the house ever again. It's a trust thing. I could never be sure that the pranky thing I'd found was the only thing they did... would wonder what might be missing, what might eventually happen to my bank accounts or credit card accounts, etc. And no amount of elapsed time would suffice to convince me that all was well.)

It's my aunt's house. If I did do anything, it would be appropriately funny & that's it - not mean or destructive. They'd get a laugh out of it & would still welcome me back to watch the place whenever they're out of town and I'm available to make this my temporary home base.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:27 am

I guess my type of humor rubs some people the wrong way. par for the course. :oops:
anyways...
i'd go to an audiophile's house and reverse all his speaker cables, to upset his/her "absolute phase." an audio nerd's joke, I guess. :dj:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
I guess my type of humor rubs some people the wrong way. par for the course. :oops:
anyways...
i'd go to an audiophile's house and reverse all his speaker cables, to upset his/her "absolute phase." an audio nerd's joke, I guess. :dj:

Former audio nerd here..... nasty!

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:31 am

Trueno wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
anyways...

"former"? why former? :pale:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
Trueno wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
anyways...

"former"? why former? :pale:

In the mid 90s I got into playing in bands big time. Spent all my time practising, rehearsing and playing all over the country. I only ever listened to music to learn songs and totally lost interest in listening to music for its own sake. I don't gig any more, but I still don't listen to music. I sold all my gear and all my vinyl records... and I dont regret it at all.

For the record (no pun intended), I'm a tenor sax player, but I've also played bass (it's easier to get local gigs) and playing flute at the moment. But I did buy another bass on Friday... so might be playing that a bit more.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:55 am

Trueno wrote:
In the mid 90s I got into playing in bands big time. Spent all my time practising, rehearsing and playing all over the country. I only ever listened to music to learn songs and totally lost interest in listening to music for its own sake. I don't gig any more, but I still don't listen to music. I sold all my gear and all my vinyl records... and I dont regret it at all. For the record (no pun intended), I'm a tenor sax player, but I've also played bass (it's easier to get local gigs) and playing flute at the moment. But I did buy another bass on Friday... so might be playing that a bit more.

you have talent :dj: if only some of it would emanate into the air and drift over in my direction :)

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 5:30 am

Thanks... but... 10% talent, 90% hard work.
I used to practise hours a day in my prime. Thousands of hours practise.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:26 am

Trueno wrote:
Thanks... but... 10% talent, 90% hard work.
I used to practise hours a day in my prime. Thousands of hours practise.

10% talent surely exceeds the performance of 0% talent, plus you have exceptional energy, drive and discipline, and lack of need for rest. :wtg: :star: :study: :bounce:

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2018, 1:47 pm

Goldfish21

Turn every piece of furniture in the house on its axis 10 degrees counter clockwise. Then take everything in the medicine cabinet and turn it so the front labels are all facing magnetic north. Then replace their shower curtain(s) with one(s) that are ever so slightly different.

Hehehe

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:22 pm

replace all their coke in their fridge with pepsi.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2018, 5:09 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Put flowers in the ends of all SH90's guns

and then run like f**k :P

FTW!

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2018, 5:18 pm

SH90 wrote:
What if situation was still considered, I clearly stated I wouldn't do it. I fully understood this is a hypothetical situation... I still wouldn't break into someone's property even if chased, I would stand my ground as the law allows.

DESPERATELY want someone to fly over SH90s yacht and drop a load of horse manure on it. DESPERATELY. Can we start a gofundme for that?

I would never condone breaking into someone's house to do this sort of thing. Ever... though the ideas presented here are terribly amusing... but Major Buzzkill is desperately begging for it... c'mon... someone has to own a horse, an airplane, and know where florida is. Anyone?

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
anyways...

Oh... if anyone is more deserving of a little practical joking than an audiophile... I don't know who is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 5:22 pm

^^^OhkaBaka- it is far easier just to ignore you-know-who's ilk and the high horse they rode in on. from one NW Baka to another :bounce:

replace all their bathtowels with pink fringy ones :cat:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 5:24 pm

i'd sneak into a high-end audio store, and replace all their gold connectors with brass-plated ones.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2018, 5:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^OhkaBaka- it is far easier just to ignore you-know-who's ilk and the high horse they rode in on. from one NW Baka to another :bounce:

Truth.