Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 10:33 pm

When at a restaurant of any type it's usually drink while waiting for the meal.

I usually drink during the meal. I'm a slow eater so it's eat some, have a drink, pause, then repeat.

Food mixed together is usually okay. I like salads, tacos, burritos and pizza where the food is already mixed together.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 10:55 pm

My understanding is that extra water dilutes digestive juices, slowing the process. I will only eat and drink together if I'm dehydrated and hungry. I try to give fruit and fruit juices 20 minutes for the distinct processing they need, unmixed with other foods. Those habits seem just good sense to me. Where I may be weird is in how evenly I spread sandwich ingredients, even though I have never taken a bite and been unhappy with the variety included.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2018, 9:27 am

I won't drink anything until I'm done eating unless I need to (if I'm really thirsty or if the food I just ate would make the other food taste weird).

I eat my foods by sections unless I really like how two foods taste together, then I mix them and they become one section. The order I eat the sections is from the least liked food to the favourite section of food. Mashed potatoes from a box aren't always considered a separate section (I'll mix a bit into bites of different foods). If they are actual mashed potatoes they are their own section.

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

20 Feb 2018, 10:09 am

I never use a knife and cut all of my food with the side of my fork unless it's pancakes where I always use a knife and fork, not sure why. I also won't put down a mug or turn it around until I've finished my drink so if I swap hands I can't use the handle.

Marine414
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2018, 2:01 pm

Evey sents i was a little kid i have always ate one thing at a time on my plate and i am always the last person to finish.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 2:13 pm

I'm always the last to finish because my teeth don't mesh well, so it takes longer to chew properly, and I won't swallow lumps. I'm fine with pills, but I know my stomach lacks teeth. I don't have those digestive emergencies that enliven so much of modern humour.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:18 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I have recently noticed that I don't drink and eat at the same time , I always have a drink with a meal but I finish my meal before even touching my drink , it's like I am incapable of doing both.

Does anyone else have any weird drinking or eating habits?

Why is this "weird"? I do the same. Pouring liquid into one's mouth when one already has something else in it, is potentially very messy, and as far as I'm concerned just plain yucky. Ew.

You're not weird. I'm not weird. What IS "weird" anyway? Unusual? So what?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:24 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If you've ever watch "All in the Family" (the show which Archie Bunker is the main character), you'll see a scene where Mike Stivik (his son-in-law) is putting his socks and shoes on.

Mike puts one sock on, then one shoe; then the other sock, then the other shoe

Archie doesn't like that. He gets really perturbed about this. He insists that one HAS to put on both socks before one puts on both shoes.

This sort of reminds me of this----you say to-mah-to; I say to-may-to :D

I agree with Archie. One must not - cannot - put on one sock and shoe first on one foot, and then do the same for the other foot. It is both socks first, and THEN the shoes! Not doing this properly will result in the Apocalypse, in moral chaos, confusion, lost souls, and the downfall of Western civilisation. It's like when people wear socks with sandals! 8O How utterly depraved.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:55 pm

I had a girlfriend who was amazed that I could brush my teeth while holding a mouthful of water. Another had never seen anyone put their head underwater in the bathtub, and panicked. I don't believe in normal no mo'.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:59 pm

Lintar wrote:
Pouring liquid into one's mouth when one already has something else in it, is potentially very messy, and as far as I'm concerned just plain yucky. Ew.

I would of bet money on a reply like this , thanks for not letting me down. :D ( I nearly explained in the OP that I didn't mean at the same time )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 7:14 pm

Lintar wrote:
I agree with Archie. One must not - cannot - put on one sock and shoe first on one foot, and then do the same for the other foot. It is both socks first, and THEN the shoes! Not doing this properly will result in the Apocalypse, in moral chaos, confusion, lost souls, and the downfall of Western civilisation. It's like when people wear socks with sandals! 8O How utterly depraved.

I was about 14 when I learned that socks didn't come in lefts and rights like shoes and gloves. They always looked lopsided enough to be asymmetric pairs.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:29 am

I always eat the foods on my plate in order of least favorite to most favorite, although this could be common.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:43 am

Dear_one wrote:
Lintar wrote:

I was about 14 when I learned that socks didn't come in lefts and rights like shoes and gloves. They always looked lopsided enough to be asymmetric pairs.

I'd consider getting these socks but after a few months of washing I would only have left socks left coz everyone knows right socks go to a different dimension eventually :wink:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:44 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
I always eat the foods on my plate in order of least favorite to most favorite, although this could be common.

If it's common then we are both commoners :)

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2018, 8:48 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I'll use a knife and fork for small pizza's but for a larger one I'll cut into triangles and use my fingers.

I don't know anyone that uses a fork and knife for Pizza except for a certain mayor who lost his NY card after Jon Stewart poked fun at him about it :p

htfu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2018, 8:43 am

i eat once every 2-4 days, what i eat is a whole different conversation that rarely ends up positive for me or others