Is numbness around nose and mouth symptom of mild shutdown?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 8:47 pm

I put a post here a while ago about how, when I play video games that force me to keep track of many different things at the same time and respond to changes in them quickly (forced fast multitasking), I get a bit lightheaded and asked whether that was indicative of a mild shutdown. I think the consensus was that it could be.

One other thing that I've noticed is that I get some mild numbness around my mouth and nose. Is physical numbness a symptom of a shutdown?

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:47 pm

a shutdown is sometimes referred to a literal shutdown of the brain during a sensory overload or stress. im not sure it would cause numbness however i do know sometimes a shutdown can cause a hard time talking and understanding spoken words, a hard time problem solving, following directions, using fine motor skills, and can even cause a sorta "double" or "blurry" vision. When i shutdown personally i feel like my brain is running at 30% power, it takes me a long time to understand what people are saying and even longer to try and produce a sentence, sometimes i get lost easily and have real issues with short term memory.

sometimes during a Meltdown or panic attack ill experience a tingly feeling in my front upper teeth. its a lightheaded feeling caused by hyperventilation and you can induce the feeling by simply having fast and shallow breaths for a few seconds and youll feel it.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

beady
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:51 pm

Hyperventilation or possibly holding your breath without realizing it while focusing on what you are doing.