5 Reasons Why Intelligent People are Single!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:52 pm

This was hillarious. I try to think of any punches he pulled or issues he soft-footed and TBH I can't think of any off the top.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 4:27 am

I agree with 1,3,4.

Yes, while it is true that no one want to get hurt, i just cannot be arsed to bother try dating any more. The quality of people you meet online is low - pretty much "the crap that is left over", only one girl i met online i could see a future with.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:13 pm

5 things discussed in the video.

1. Intelligent people can often predict how people will change in the future. Oftentimes, the change is not good, or at least unfavorable to them. So they prefer not to get romantically entangled with a new person, due to the risk of them changing down the road.

2. They are often skeptical of their first impressions of new people, and often do not trust these impressions. Because to do that, they need to let their guard down, and intelligent people have trouble doing so.

3. It can be very hard to find like-minded individuals. Intelligent people are often easily put off by signs of low intelligence or simply by lack of shared interests.

4. They're often not fans of a strong social life, or have no need for it. Since romantic relationships require being with someone 24/7/365, introverts sometimes shun them.

5. They don't want to get hurt by a new person in their life. Being social misfits, they may have been treated poorly in the past for their smartness, and don't want to risk it again.

You're welcome! ;)