13 Russian nationals indicted for meddling in 2016 election

Page 9 of 25 [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:17 am

i think he was being facetious.

a wall wouldn't stop a gopher, let alone an international, multibillion dollar drug and human trafficking syndicate.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:32 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
USA only technically made slavery illegal many years ago.. they still pay ultra low wages to "illegals," overseas textile & manufacturing workers, as well as domestic prison labour. Illegals are part of the American culture of taking advantage of the disadvantaged in order to optimize profits & maintain "social order," in terms of hierarchy. True story.

So you're shifting the goalpost from tax revenue, to profit from illegal sweatshop labor. And you don't think that's a problem the US has and it's something you're fighting to maintain?

goldfish21 wrote:
It's not my job to figure out the details. I'm merely pointing out that if they really wanted to solve their none existent border security problems then they would. Hell, they'd do something about the demand for illegal labour, and the demand for drugs.

Right, why bother to figure out the feasibility of a plan you came up with.

goldfish21 wrote:
The wall won't keep narcotics out. You can't be serious. The wall is easily defeated by a ladder or a tunnel. Planes, boats, submarines, drones etc etc are all used to transport drugs. The black market drug trade is the third largest industry in world trade after energy & food. There's no stopping it.. especially in the USA where the demand side is so high with so many drug consumers of all social classes.

You're the one who wrote that the wall might cause a severe drug shortage.

You really think with all the resources available to the USA that they wouldn't have already solved their "problem" with cheap illegal labour if they wanted to? It hasn't been solved because too many people make too much money from it so it's not really a problem they want to solve. Whether tax revenues or profits for American businessmen, the success of the USA has always relied on cheap labour.

There's no need to crunch numbers for a very simple concept. They're already paying to train soldiers. Relocate the training facility so it serves a dual purpose and extracts further value out of their training vs. pay twice as many federal employees to accomplish the same task of creating a trained soldier & securing the border. Have you never expressed an idea without writing a 100 page report on the logistics of it? Jesus.

I never said anything about a border well causing a severe drug shortage. I said secure borders might do that.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:36 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i think he was being facetious.

a wall wouldn't stop a gopher, let alone an international, multibillion dollar drug and human trafficking syndicate.

Yes I know he was being facetious and my response was likewise facetious. I invented facetious dammit.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:41 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
USA only technically made slavery illegal many years ago.. they still pay ultra low wages to "illegals," overseas textile & manufacturing workers, as well as domestic prison labour. Illegals are part of the American culture of taking advantage of the disadvantaged in order to optimize profits & maintain "social order," in terms of hierarchy. True story.

So you're shifting the goalpost from tax revenue, to profit from illegal sweatshop labor. And you don't think that's a problem the US has and it's something you're fighting to maintain?

goldfish21 wrote:
It's not my job to figure out the details. I'm merely pointing out that if they really wanted to solve their none existent border security problems then they would. Hell, they'd do something about the demand for illegal labour, and the demand for drugs.

Right, why bother to figure out the feasibility of a plan you came up with.

goldfish21 wrote:
The wall won't keep narcotics out. You can't be serious. The wall is easily defeated by a ladder or a tunnel. Planes, boats, submarines, drones etc etc are all used to transport drugs. The black market drug trade is the third largest industry in world trade after energy & food. There's no stopping it.. especially in the USA where the demand side is so high with so many drug consumers of all social classes.

You're the one who wrote that the wall might cause a severe drug shortage.

You really think with all the resources available to the USA that they wouldn't have already solved their "problem" with cheap illegal labour if they wanted to? It hasn't been solved because too many people make too much money from it so it's not really a problem they want to solve. Whether tax revenues or profits for American businessmen, the success of the USA has always relied on cheap labour.

There's no need to crunch numbers for a very simple concept. They're already paying to train soldiers. Relocate the training facility so it serves a dual purpose and extracts further value out of their training vs. pay twice as many federal employees to accomplish the same task of creating a trained soldier & securing the border. Have you never expressed an idea without writing a 100 page report on the logistics of it? Jesus.

I never said anything about a border well causing a severe drug shortage. I said secure borders might do that.

Let's get to the bottom line; why are you so opposed to immigrants getting green cards?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Let's get to the bottom line; why are you so opposed to immigrants getting green cards?

When have I ever said anything of the sort? :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:10 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Simply getting a green card is what immigration control boils down to.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:10 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Simply getting a green card is what immigration control boils down to.

..except your government doesn't make that process so freely & easily available to match the demand for foreign workers.. so people continue to come over the border to work illegally.

If they wanted to issue green cards to all of those people they could. When a government, especially the USA, wants to do something they'll do it with the efficiency that the Nazis used IBM computers to catalogue Jews. Seriously. If they truly wanted all of this to be an on the books recorded official paper trail green card thing they'd just fk'n get 'er done.

But like I've pointed out.. there's far too much money for far too many people in keeping things the way they are, so they just carry on doing as they've always done so all the same people keep winning.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:32 am

goldfish21 wrote:

..except your government doesn't make that process so freely & easily available to match the demand for foreign workers.. so people continue to come over the border to work illegally.

So we should make use of them as slave type laborers and or sweatshop workers.

goldfish21 wrote:
If they wanted to issue green cards to all of those people they could. When a government, especially the USA, wants to do something they'll do it with the efficiency that the Nazis used IBM computers to catalogue Jews. Seriously. If they truly wanted all of this to be an on the books recorded official paper trail green card thing they'd just fk'n get 'er done.

How do they issue green cards to people who are sneaking in illegally?

goldfish21 wrote:
But like I've pointed out.. there's far too much money for far too many people in keeping things the way they are, so they just carry on doing as they've always done so all the same people keep winning.

So why the protest over the current president making that more difficult?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:07 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

You already do use them as slave type workers/sweatshop workers.

If the green card program was pumping out green cards to match demand then people would just opt to get one and work legally. Further, if American employers were penalized for hiring illegal workers then they would screen their workers better and ensure they had green cards.

The protest people are making is because Trump isn't doing it for jobs or economic reasons. He's doing it because he's racist. It's why he calls them thieves and rapists and murderers etc. If it was about jobs and the economy he'd have left the issue alone and just let everyone make their money.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 11:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Also, Bill-

No, the US doesn't have a "popular vote" system, and that is to stop certain states controlling the election. Also, everyone knows that Clinton should never have been the candidate as she cheated Sanders out of the position. If you care so much about your "democracy" you should be calling for that to be investigated as well as Clinton trying to hack the election.

We actually have the Electoral College because the founding fathers were afraid of direct democracy. It was in place to keep someone like Trump from being elected.
As a matter of fact, I was a Bernie guy. I consider how he was screwed out of the nomination by those chicken heads at the DNC to be a travesty. That said, Clinton was still her party's candidate, and so what happened next with Trump and his Russian friends was still a travesty. Plenty of us don't like the Electoral College, and wish we would switch to having a direct democratic election for President, as does every other non-parliamentarian democracy.

Maybe Putin went back in time and and stopped the founding fathers from creating a popular vote to stop Clinton winning. I hope no one from Salon or CNN sees this, they might go with that story.

"That said...", no she wasn't the party's candidate, cheating by fraud should have disqualified her.
Haha apart from nothing did happen with those fantasy stories about Trump and magical Russians. Trump won because the opponent was worse, it is time people face that rather than making up crazy conspiracy theories with zero evidence. If this carries on til the next election, Trump could win again. People on started talking about the popular vote after Clinton lost. Just excuse after excuse.

No, people have been talking about switching to the popular vote for a long time now.
While Clinton and her DNC allies had cheated Bernie, there was actually nothing illegal about it, as the DNC is hardly an arm of the government but a private organization, and can conduct business as unethically as they wish as long as there's no violation of the law.
Sure, Clinton was a lousy candidate, but the popular vote proves more Americans prefered her to that human Cheeto and his Russian friends.

I'd never heard any complaints in the mainstream until Trump won. I thought fraud was illegal in all cases. Clinton conspiring with a foreign agent to hack the election is illegal though but you don't care about either. Just be honest, it has nothing to do with justice or democracy. It is just about removing Trump because he is accused of being racist and sexist.

You never heard of it before Trump because you aren't an American. Otherwise, you would have heard of it being kicked around for years.
And who was this foreign agent Clinton was supposed to be conspiring with? I mean besides talk that includes her and Lady Gaga running a pedophile cult in the non-existent basement of a pizza shop.

I have been following US politics for years. The only time I heard it mentioned was in 2016. Christopher Steele, don't pretend like you are unaware. Yeah the Pizza gate stuff is almost as loony as the Russia gate stuff.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:11 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Also, Bill-

No, the US doesn't have a "popular vote" system, and that is to stop certain states controlling the election. Also, everyone knows that Clinton should never have been the candidate as she cheated Sanders out of the position. If you care so much about your "democracy" you should be calling for that to be investigated as well as Clinton trying to hack the election.

We actually have the Electoral College because the founding fathers were afraid of direct democracy. It was in place to keep someone like Trump from being elected.
As a matter of fact, I was a Bernie guy. I consider how he was screwed out of the nomination by those chicken heads at the DNC to be a travesty. That said, Clinton was still her party's candidate, and so what happened next with Trump and his Russian friends was still a travesty. Plenty of us don't like the Electoral College, and wish we would switch to having a direct democratic election for President, as does every other non-parliamentarian democracy.

Maybe Putin went back in time and and stopped the founding fathers from creating a popular vote to stop Clinton winning. I hope no one from Salon or CNN sees this, they might go with that story.

"That said...", no she wasn't the party's candidate, cheating by fraud should have disqualified her.
Haha apart from nothing did happen with those fantasy stories about Trump and magical Russians. Trump won because the opponent was worse, it is time people face that rather than making up crazy conspiracy theories with zero evidence. If this carries on til the next election, Trump could win again. People on started talking about the popular vote after Clinton lost. Just excuse after excuse.

No, people have been talking about switching to the popular vote for a long time now.
While Clinton and her DNC allies had cheated Bernie, there was actually nothing illegal about it, as the DNC is hardly an arm of the government but a private organization, and can conduct business as unethically as they wish as long as there's no violation of the law.
Sure, Clinton was a lousy candidate, but the popular vote proves more Americans prefered her to that human Cheeto and his Russian friends.

I'd never heard any complaints in the mainstream until Trump won. I thought fraud was illegal in all cases. Clinton conspiring with a foreign agent to hack the election is illegal though but you don't care about either. Just be honest, it has nothing to do with justice or democracy. It is just about removing Trump because he is accused of being racist and sexist.

You never heard of it before Trump because you aren't an American. Otherwise, you would have heard of it being kicked around for years.
And who was this foreign agent Clinton was supposed to be conspiring with? I mean besides talk that includes her and Lady Gaga running a pedophile cult in the non-existent basement of a pizza shop.

I have been following US politics for years. The only time I heard it mentioned was in 2016. Christopher Steele, don't pretend like you are unaware. Yeah the Pizza gate stuff is almost as loony as the Russia gate stuff.

There was talk of tossing out the Electoral College when Gore won the popular vote, but Bush carried the College, though that was hardly the first time there was talk of dropping it. Even Alexander Hamilton, who came up with the idea of the thing, came to realize that it should be dropped, but couldn't get enough support behind it in congress.
Pizzagate was an insane hoax, but Mueller's indictments and plea deals is proof that Russiagate is not.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

You already do use them as slave type workers/sweatshop workers.

If the green card program was pumping out green cards to match demand then people would just opt to get one and work legally. Further, if American employers were penalized for hiring illegal workers then they would screen their workers better and ensure they had green cards.

The protest people are making is because Trump isn't doing it for jobs or economic reasons. He's doing it because he's racist. It's why he calls them thieves and rapists and murderers etc. If it was about jobs and the economy he'd have left the issue alone and just let everyone make their money.

So once again why protest the endeavor to make that more difficult?

The fact that 75% of the immigrant population is legal, indicates that demand is being met and that the system does work on its end. If 37 million can do it, then it's obviously plenty doable.

Of the 25% who are bucking the system by refusing to cooperate and snaking in, there's a good probability that they are doing so because they would not qualify because of having a criminal background or something else undesirable to hide.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:16 pm

There is absolutely NO advantage to being an illegal alien. There is nothing to "hide," really. You're screwed.

There are extreme advantages to being a legal alien with a Green Card. Every illegal alien I've run into would give his/her right foot for a Green Card.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There is absolutely NO advantage to being an illegal alien. There is nothing to "hide," really. You're screwed.

There are extreme advantages to being a legal alien with a Green Card. Every illegal alien I've run into would give his/her right foot for a Green Card.

There is an advantage to sneaking in illegally, just as there's an advantage to any other illegal activity.

75% of the legal immigrant population aren't missing a foot. They are here legally simply because they cooperated. The 25% illegal are those who don't cooperate.

In general including all of the people living in the united states, there's probably a ratio of 75% who obey the law and 25% who don't.

Last edited by EzraS on 24 Feb 2018, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:37 pm

If only it were that simple......

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If only it were that simple......

75% out of 25% seems a pretty clear indicator that it is doable.