Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 5:34 am

Hi all. I'm up late at night because I can't sleep. The problems with the real world are keeping me awake.

Today, I want to talk about the anti-racist leftists and give some constructive criticism. I've noticed that anti-racist leftists sometimes do things which hurt their cause.

One standard piece of anti-racist rhetoric that the left uses is "We need to understand and respect cultural differences." I totally understand why this is a common piece of anti-racist rhetoric. It is important to understand other cultures.

Here's the thing: I find that some anti-racism activists will over-emphasize our differences and under-emphasize the things that bring us together as human beings.

The field of comparative mythology exists for a reason. The term "monomyth" exist for a reason. In nearly every culture on earth, we find a similar story about a strapping young lad and his fantastic journey into the magical land beyond the ordinary. In nearly every culture on earth, there is a story about some sort of heroic strongman. The Sumerians named him Gilgamesh. The Israelites named him Samson. The Greeks named him Heracles. The Romans named him Hercules. The Irish called him Cú Chulainn. Early Americans called him Paul Bunyan. See what I mean? We all belong to the same species.

There are plenty of other story types that appear in every culture too. For example, every culture has beast fables of its own. This is because all humans have a tendency to project human traits onto non-human entities. It's just part of our nature as social beings.

When the left over-emphasizes cultural differences, cultural similarities can oftentimes be forgotten. It is the cultural similarities within humankind which shatter xenophobic propaganda.

Think about your life and the different types of people that you have met. In our lives, we've all met the overly-macho jock douchebag. We've all met the shy intellectual. We've all met the shallow, superficial beauty queen. We've all met the old man with the mid-life crisis. We've all met the prankster.

The left should emphasize that these personality types exist in all human societies, even the earliest and most primitive societies. Even in primitive societies, there was the one guy who was more interested in making medicine than hunting and having sex. Even in primitive societies, there was at least one arrogant strongman. Makeup is as old as humankind, and so even the earliest human societies had a few people who were obsessed with their own physical appearance. In every human society in history, certain women have argued over who was more beautiful. Furthermore, every society in history has had a few individuals who, at some point in their lives, felt completely alienated and alone. Autism is probably as old as humankind after all.

In other words, we need to remember that nearly every wacky sit-com character archetype exists in every human society to a certain extent. All people are molded by their culture and their personal situation to an extent, but you can always find some of the basic human personality types in any part of the world and in any historical epoch.

Furthermore, we need to remember that, although our world contains countless languages, no living human communicates using grunts, as proto-humans did. Every language in the world today is a complex language with grammar rules. As a result, every single language in the world contains puns and wordplay. Every language has jokes.

Then we have religion. Nearly every religion with a long history has a violent history. This even applies to Buddhism and Hinduism. I always hate it when liberals and leftists arrogantly imply that Buddhism is infinitely superior to Christianity.

I also dislike it when people over-emphasize the role of environmentalism in Native American culture. First of all, the indigenous people of the Americas are responsible for driving the last Meridiungulates to extinction. Second, nature worship has been observed in nearly all primitive cultures. Archeological evidence suggests that early Europeans were nature worshippers as well.

We humans also have another thing in common: dogs. Dogs were kept by primitive humans in nearly every corner of the globe.

Bottom Line: We need to focus on our similarities as much as possible. This will eventually create a world in which everyone can get along.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:34 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
The field of comparative mythology exists for a reason. The term "monomyth" exist for a reason. In nearly every culture on earth, we find a similar story about a strapping young lad and his fantastic journey into the magical land beyond the ordinary. In nearly every culture on earth, there is a story about some sort of heroic strongman. The Sumerians named him Gilgamesh. The Israelites named him Samson. The Greeks named him Heracles. The Romans named him Hercules. The Irish called him Cú Chulainn. Early Americans called him Paul Bunyan.

What do modern people call him?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:52 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
The field of comparative mythology exists for a reason. The term "monomyth" exist for a reason. In nearly every culture on earth, we find a similar story about a strapping young lad and his fantastic journey into the magical land beyond the ordinary. In nearly every culture on earth, there is a story about some sort of heroic strongman. The Sumerians named him Gilgamesh. The Israelites named him Samson. The Greeks named him Heracles. The Romans named him Hercules. The Irish called him Cú Chulainn. Early Americans called him Paul Bunyan.

What do modern people call him?

Chuck Norris

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 9:00 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
"We need to understand and respect cultural differences."

Understand yes, respect no. I will never respect cultures that practice, for example, "honour killings", circumcision, misogyny, the death penalty, and lists "blasphemy" as a crime (in most cases, punishable by death). We need to keep such barbaric cultures as far away from us as we can.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 3:46 am

Stop acting holier then thou. Most everybody has prejudices and stereotypes groups.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 8:00 am

Lintar wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
"We need to understand and respect cultural differences."

Understand yes, respect no. I will never respect cultures that practice, for example, "honour killings", circumcision, misogyny, the death penalty, and lists "blasphemy" as a crime (in most cases, punishable by death). We need to keep such barbaric cultures as far away from us as we can.

I agree. People emigrate from countries like those to the west and expect to bring the same practices that created the turmoil and injustices in their old country with them. Worst part is that many radical feminists tend to defend conservative muslims for example when their sect of Islam is deeply misogynistic.