Have a hard time paying attention to movies

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2018, 10:07 am

I dunno if anyone else is like this but I personally find it really hard for me to pay full attention to a movie or TV show, no matter how short or long it is. I either doze off or look on my computer or go to bed. Even if it's a movie I think I'd like it's really difficult. Does anyone else experience this?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 5:11 pm

I have trouble following the plot of most movies, myself.

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2018, 5:44 pm

Glad to hear that I'm not alone on this subject!

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2018, 5:45 pm

The reason I started this topic was because I was watching the World of Warcraft movie with Mom, and I literally fell asleep around the half-way point. We were watching this at night, so that couldn't have helped me at all.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:21 am

Not movie but i have problems reading books, i visualize the story and the events so my mind drifts away while my brain continues to read, sort of like two threads in a processor, one reading text and the other one is playing an MP4 video file.

When i realise this, i have to stop and go back to the last section i remember reading.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:38 am

i'm glad i'm not alone in this type of addlement.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 9:32 am

I'm someone who can accidentally read a 400-page book in one sitting, but gets restless throughout a 45-minute TV episode. I've got several DVDs I've never watched- 2-hour-plus movies I loved at the cinema, but know I wont be able to sit through at home. Somehow it's easier at the cinema. More immersive?

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2018, 10:23 am

I'm like that as well. I pay attention to everything at the cinema but when I watch at home, it's really difficult to even watch the first 10 minutes of any movie.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 10:29 am

So ... stop watching movies and save loads of time for something else?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 10:36 am

I was like that until I was 21. Then all of a sudden I became able to watch movies. Now I have it periodically, periods when I can/want to watch movies and periods when I can't, it's weird.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 4:44 pm

I think if I still had a wall-sized tv set, i'd watch a lot more movies a lot longer. something about that size of colored lights is enthralling.

kineticwaves
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2018, 11:57 pm

I like movies and shows, but I do have problems paying attention to them sometimes and I have watched some movies/shows in other languages. Even though I enjoyed most of them, it's hard for me to concentrate on subtitles for extended periods of time. I'll still watch it if it's my thing but will have to watch it again to absorb everything. I also need to put my other devices away when watching a movie because I'll get distracted.

There are times when it's much easier than others. If I'm stuck between wanting tunes and wanting a movie, I'll pick tunes, because I know that's what I'm really craving. If not, I would end up pausing the movie/show, listening to tunes, and having issues going back to it. I can't say I've never done that. Movies are more of a background thing for me often and music is for stimulation.

When it comes to faces, I sometimes get the people's faces mixed up. Plots can be an issue, and if it's something I find interesting, I'll watch it again or read a thorough review on the movie.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 12:27 am

my audio facilities are better than my video facilities, so as a result I concentrate more on music appreciation. :dj:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 4:29 am

When it comes to watching movies with the family at home, I'm known for wandering off to my room or looking at my phone or falling asleep.

When by myself watching stuff, I often rewind because I spaced out and missed something. Also a lot of times I'll watch for 20 minutes, then pause it and do something else. And keep repeating that process. It can take me several hours to finish a movie.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Mar 2018, 8:43 am

I have a hard time with it but it's probably due to my ADD. It's a big reason why I don't watch movies much

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 5:11 pm

increasingly, I must read online synopses first, just so the movie will make sense to me.