Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

stevet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2018, 12:44 pm

I've suffered from anxiety all my life although only in the last few years i've really identified the symptoms as that,ie pins and needles all over and feeling het up tense when stressed or put under pressure,but recently over the last 6 weeks after the xmas holiday which was very stressfull my anxiety has rocketed to tight chest heart pounding and the main problem is sleep ,i've never in my life had problems sleeping but now i am lucky to get 3 or 4 hours as i awake sweating and stomach burning and feeling dread ect. What doesn't help is my ocd thinking worst case senarios and this anxiety just keeps on coming plus this is all leading to me feeling depressed ,been to the doctors and he prescribed 10mg citalopram which i've been on for 2 weeks but not sure if that is causing more anxiety or not .I am a regular runner and this has helped keep my anxiety to liveable amounts but nothing seems to stop this severe anxiety ,I feel like i'm going nuts i keep questioning myself and beating myself up over everything and can't stop thinking bad thoughts about things and i'm worried that i'm going to have to go off sick if this continues ,but my job is such a part of my routine that the thought is stressing me more. Has anyone been through and come out of this severe type of anxiety? ,any tips ,thanks

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Feb 2018, 8:00 am

If the Citalopram is helping some you could try asking your doc to prescribe you Buspar. It's specially for anxiety & not a benzodiazepine. It can be taken with lots of psych meds including most antidepressants & benzos & other meds. It helps my anxiety alot. You can also try asking your doc to prescribe you a bezo to help you sleep while other meds are building up in your system or for as needed.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

stevet

18 Feb 2018, 12:28 pm

Thanks nick, I was taking buspar for a few weeks but thought i'd have to stop once i started on the citalopram.I've never liked taken any meds but i'm getting desperate to stop this crippling anxiety,my mind just keeps hitting me with negative thoughts of the past and fearing the future feeling like there is no hope for me.