Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:26 pm

I used to watch Little Bear cartoons on the children's CBC channel on weekday mornings, and I just realized something. Little Bear's parents were always fully clothed, but Little Bear always walked around stark naked. :lol:

It never really occurred to me before that this was weird, maybe because they're not humans, but Little Bear's parents (and his uncle who came to visit one time) were about the only animals that wore clothes. None of the other animals did. I thought maybe it's a thing in the show that only adult animals wear clothes, maybe because young animals outgrow theirs too quickly, or they get them dirty or ripped too easily because they're playing outdoors a lot, but Little Bear's friends and other characters that appeared to be adults didn't wear clothes, either. Of course Emily wore clothes, being a human and all.

I guess it's just big cartoon mystery, like Arthur wearing his glasses or headphones as if his ears were were on the sides of head like a human when they're clearly on top of his head. :)

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 6:12 pm

He was naked because he's a bare naked bear.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:50 pm

I find most cartoons have mysteries. Like how some of the boys in South Park sleep in their coats and hats and gloves, when surely their houses have central heating (except for Kenny's because his family are poor). Or how the Simpsons kids never age, and Bart has more than one 10th birthday and is always in the forth grade year after year, same goes for Lisa, and Maggie is a baby forever. I just put it down to each cartoon being in a different universe with different laws of physics, different timezones and different cultures. Perhaps it's similar to how aliens really are out there. Hey, I've just thought up a really weird.... Anyway, better stay on topic here and not start up a discussion on theories of the universe. :lol:

By the way I remember watching Little Bear, such a lovely cartoon. :D

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm

There was an episode/book where Little Bear tried on winter clothing before deciding that he was fine with just his fur.