Did anyone else enjoy Battlestar Galactica?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:11 am

I may have started a topic on this show before, but I cannot remember...I've tried searching posts, but didn't find anything. But anyways I really enjoyed the show or at least what I saw of it the first time, which was still after it was already released but now I am rewatching it with my boyfriend, thought he might like it because he likes star trek (at least Next Generation and Deep Space Nine) which has the premise of people on spaceships on some sort of mission. And he has liked it so far, there is a lot more diplomacy and honesty Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica is really a bunch of horrible people and very humanoid robots fighting a war against each other with a few people and robots who would prefer to see an end to the conflict. Also I am referring to the version released in the 2000's I know there was an earlier series of the same name but I've never seen any of that one.

Also there was a prequel series, Caprica, which I also thought was really good but it got cut before it was concluded, so that kind of sucks.

So has anyone seen either of those shows and enjoyed them?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:17 am

Also follow up question, which characters do you dislike?

I for one don't like Starbuck she's like a bully drama queen.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 5:13 am

I liked all the Characters my favourites were probably Gauis Baltar, Diana (3) and Cavil/John (1). I think its way better than Star Trek the characters behave like real people and there are no heroes in it. Have you watched the mini Prequal Blood and Chrome its low budget but worth watching.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 5:51 am

Daniel89 wrote:
I liked all the Characters my favourites were probably Gauis Baltar, Diana (3) and Cavil/John (1). I think its way better than Star Trek the characters behave like real people and there are no heroes in it. Have you watched the mini Prequal Blood and Chrome its low budget but worth watching.

No I haven't seen that yet, it is on hulu so I will probably watch it some point. I also kind of like Gauis Baltar, even though he's certainly done a lot of wrong. I also like the cylon character Sharon.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:44 pm

Yes, the (relatively) recent version of BattleStar Galactica was a fantastic show. As a kid I was a fan of the original show and was skeptical of the changes they were making (a female Starbuck? Really?) but all my concerns were misplaced. It has a few flaws but they really did a good job on it overall.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 12:31 am

I liked the show, but I disliked whenever the story veered into fantasy territory. Which started pretty early on, but as the show progressed it went from semi-realistic to full on Narnia.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 8:36 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

After all the childhood abuses she had to get through, can you blame her?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:44 am

Tollorin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

After all the childhood abuses she had to get through, can you blame her?

Well it makes sense, but it is still hard to like her...like in my experience of watching the show whenever you start to feel some sympathy with her she does or says something totally sh*tty, or bullies another crew member making it really hard to do. But perhaps they made the character that way on purpose...IDK. Also maybe she reminds me of some of my past behavior that was detrimental to my well-being.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2018, 1:13 pm

I liked this series, and as someone who saw the original growing up, I was at first skeptical of a female Starbuck, but I grew to like the series as a whole, and watch it any time repeats are shown.

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Mar 2018, 1:20 pm

I used to love watching it

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:20 pm

my girlfriends mom did, apparently.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:21 pm

The original one, yes, a bunch of us grad students used to get together with pizza and beer to watch it - until they ran out of good science fiction plotlines.

Never saw the new one; ditched TV in the 1980s.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!