Posts disappearing-have I been moderated? How to check?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2018, 3:00 pm

I've noticed a few of my posts disappearing and wondered if it's site instability or if the posts had been deleted by the moderators due to rules violation. I have read the rules but a lot of time forums also enforce social etiquette rules which usually aren't stated outright.

I now post less, visit less as I am unsure if I'm getting in trouble/am in trouble or not. Usually when you're getting multiple posts moderated you may be on the way to suspension or ban.

How do we check moderations history if there is any? Account standing? If there have been moderated posts I'd like to read the reasons why and maybe ask questions about it. I have Aspergers so it's certainly possible I could have inadvertently offended people or came across as rude/insensitive without knowing or understanding why.

I usually conclude that I just don't fit in and just leave if I get moderations for "miscellaneous" reasons but want to see if I can learn from them. I think it's happened 3 to 5 times in about a month so I would say that it is becoming more unlikely that they're just lost by the system.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 5:06 pm

I have checked your entire posting record, and no posts have been removed by moderators at any time. When we remove posts, the posts are stored in a record available only to moderators and show up in your posting history of "all posts" as moved.

There are system malfunctions that occur sometimes which affect posts being posted on forums. This can occur when the site is going down for some reason, or cloudfare issues interfering with the poster's attempts to publish posts.

However be assured that moderators have not had removed your posts to date, and thank you for your respect of the rules. If someone breaches the rules or is continually disruptive, then typically first they will receive and informal request via PM to read the rules, (which unfortunately many newcomers don't, though it is a pre-condition of posting here). However your posting appears to be entirely within the rules and thank you for that. If the rule breaking is a flagrant breach, then a formal warning is issued and members receive notification by PM which gives the reason for the warning. So one way or the other, members are notified by PM from moderators if rule breaches have occurred.

If a thread becomes corrupted with interminable off topic bickering between members, where there is a pile on effect, then typically we remove the whole lot of disruptive threads to let the thread restabilise and return to the OP topic. We don't notify these by PM, it would take a very significant amount of our voluntary time to do so. Mods in that instance usually make a post on those threads, asking for the combatants to stop bickering, and if they continue, the threads can end up being locked instead.

The exception is people who join to troll and begin to do so immediately, to inform us that we are all ret*d freaks which is often expressed in very foul language and demeaning insinuations. They are despatched as soon as they are brought to our notice by the membership.