The Pokemon Opal Roleplay! (Please read the first message!)

Page 1 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 5:38 pm

Note: Please read the rules on this very forum message here before participating.

(Dan and his Shedinja, and Rose from the PRCOA [Pokemon Roleplay Club of Awesomeness] are sitting on the sofa in the rec room, facing the readers.)

Dan: Hey guys. Since the absence of our friends from the Pokemon Roleplay Club of Awesomeness, we have decided to make another Pokemon Roleplay of our own. It will be called “Pokemon Opal Roleplay”.

Rose: It's basically very similar to the PRCOA, but it will chronologically take place at around 10 years after the very first episode of Pokemon, namely “Pokemon, I choose you!”. While the places we visit and travel may vary, any one of newcomers may come from anywhere as long as they are able to join the main characters, including us. Whatever story-line we can eventually come across may also vary.

Dan's Shedinja: Shedinja! (But, there are rules!)

Dan: That's right. If anyone else wants to participate in this roleplay, one must listen to our rules if they want to stay in this forum story.

Rose: The rules are simple. We want to keep this roleplay as PG-rated as possible. Here's a list of rules just to be more specific:

1. Unlike most fan-made media, we're keeping the language in a PG-rated manner. Profane words such as “damn”, “hell”, and “crap” are allowed, but ANYTHING stronger than them must be replaced either by euphemisms (e.g. “frigging”, “shoot”, “ticked off”, etc.) or symbols (e.g. “What the #@%&!”, “Holy $%&@!”, etc.). Name-calling such as “jerk”, “idiot”, “scumbag”, and “moron” are also allowed.

Dan: 2. Be careful when mentioning references involving having a relationship with two characters. Phrases like “the two shared a kiss”, “they both gave each other a hug”, and “the two are going on a date” are allowed. However, phrases that involve anything deeper than that.....*shudders*....namely, actually clear sexuality, is NOT allowed.

Rose: 3. When posting videos or music in this roleplay, follow the first two rules, namely the ones about profanity and sexually.

Dan: 4. Also, references of questionable drugs and alcohol are not allowed. Phrases like “taking medicine”, and “everyone had proposed a toast with their glasses of wine”, are allowed, but any mention of underaged drinking and drug dealing, and of references of illegal drugs and alcohol themselves are NOT allowed.

Rose: When roleplaying, please be respectful to other roleplayers and the readers. Deliberately breaking the rules will not be tolerated, and will result in reporting offensive posts and removing them, and/or being disqualified from this roleplay if gone too far (if possible).

Dan's Shedinja: Shedinja? (Have we covered up all the rules?)

Rose: Um, pretty much, Shedinja.

Dan: All right, so....do we begin this roleplay now?

Rose: If there's nothing else to discuss here, sure, when we're all ready.

Dan's Shedinja: Shedinja~! (Let the show begin~!)

(The stage curtains then closes, and then the screen turns black)

(Wait, is it alright if this continues from the Pokemon Roleplay of Awesomeness, or does this roleplay have to be different/original? :oops: )

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 4:19 pm

(Hey, guys, sorry I had to put the roleplay on hiatus, but there was a lot of stuff going on for me, and I had such a massive writers' block that I don't know how to start it then. Well, I hope that this will be a good start. I hope you all enjoy.)

Dan's POV

To be honest, I don't even know how to begin. My journey has started out with the most bizarre dream I've ever had. No, I'm not talking about one of those everynight nightmares many people have. I'm talking about a dream that just felt SO real, like as if it's some kind of warning.

I was standing in a snow covered urban area that has looked like a bomb, or an enraged enormous Pokemon, had hit it a long time ago. This place looks like it's pretty much deserted, except for what looked like two armies fighting each other with their Pokemon at their sides. One side looks like a bunch of generic people trying to fight for freedom, while the other side are all wearing matching uniforms, usually colored in orange, white, and black with an emblem on it that looks like a large stylized orange-colored E, their styles making them look like a cross between punk-rockers and gangsters. While the generic side has quite a variety of Pokemon with them, the punk-gangsters' side has a very selective number of Pokemon with them, with types mainly consisted of Dark and Poison. The punk-gangster side doesn't really look friendly, though, as they are actually trying to take control of this world, and wants to subjugate everyone who's not on their side.

The battle that is going on there is, like, extremely intense, with all the trainers angrily ordering their Pokemon to attack against each other, making it into disastrous warzone. Of course, despite the chaos going on, no one can actually see me, so I tried my best to get away from the battle as much as possible.

When I glanced up towards the punk-gangsters' side, there was one of them who looked quite different than the others. As his uniform was usually consisted of orange, white, and black, it was a lot more stylish than the others. I thought that he might be a commander, or something, but there's something...odd about him. Well, first he was wearing a mask, so I can't make out what his face looks like. Second, however, I don't know why, but he seems to be the only one of the people here who can actually see me. But it's more like he's glaring at me, as if he's trying to shoot me some kind of threatening warning.

And just as I see him trying to point his finger at me, I woke up with a pair of feet stomping me on my belly.

“Wake up, you lazy butt!”, said a female voice as she had made her assault. The pain I had received is so sharp enough to pull me from that weird dream world I was in, rescuing me from the punk-gangster-leader guy.

The girl who woke me up just now is none other than my cousin, Rose. Well, usually our relationship is more like brother-and-sister, since we often get on each other nerves most of the time, and looking out for one another at other times. Still, she can still be a pain in the neck.
To describe Rose, she has fair light skin, green eyes, orange-red hair at shoulder length, has an average-athletic build that make her look very attractive and healthy. Oh, and she's a bit of a tomboy with the dislike of cosmetics and purses, who prefers to spend her free time playing sports and video games, though she DOES have a weakness for sweets and stuffed Pokedolls.

Still, I don't know why she likes doing such a thing. A Micheal Jackson song on the radio would've woken me up fine, but Rose giving me the 'Wake-Up-Call Attack', that's just a little too physical. (Oh, that's right. I forgot to set up my alarm clock last night. Silly me.)

(To be continued.)

(And yes, I wanted to make this roleplay a bit different from the PRCOA. I hope you all don't mind.)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm

Meanwhile, outside near an alleyway, a figure dressed in a white cloak with the hood drawn up was being threatened by a bunch of shifty looking people. The figure was accompanied by a little Mew and a Gardevoir.
"Are you deaf? Didn't you hear us?" The leader demanded.
The figure did not raise its head when it spoke. "I am here in this universe as a guest. Please respect that." It's voice sounded neither male nor female, and had an otherworldly quality.
"What? That makes no sense. Now, hurry up and give us your Pokemon!"

[How'd I do for my first entry? :mrgreen: ]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 4:53 pm

^(Um, I don't think it really happens yet, Miss Kuraudo. The dream Dan had actually takes place in the-SPOILER ALERT!- future.)

Oh, and my name is Daniel, but most of my folks call me either Danny or Dan. I'm 17 years old, have short, messy dirty blonde hair, a green right eye and a blue left (yes, I have heterochromia iridum), fairly tall, have a medium average build, and also have fair light skin.

With a groan, I struggled to get out of my bed while Rose stands staring at me, with hands on her hips and a mischievious grin on her face.

“You've overslept, you lazy Slakoth,” Rose said, “C'mon, it's time for breakfast. We have a big day, today!”

“Okey dokey,” I responded with a mixture of annoyance and pain.

'A big day, today'. Oh. That's right. Today's the day when me and Rose want to go on an adventure with our Pokemon. I got really excited last night that I didn't really sleep well (probably another reason why I slept all morning).

I got myself a fresh change of clothes, and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After that, I got changed into my clothes that's most appropriate for a Pokemon journey; a green colored t-shirt, blue colored jeans, a blue denim jacket, white socks, and black sneakers.

After changing, I went downstairs to the kitchen, where I'm met by Rose, my mother, uncle, aunt, and the Pokemon Ninjask and Shedinja.

(To be continued)

Last edited by UncannyDanny on 02 Aug 2018, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 5:27 pm

[I didn't mean that the shady people were the people in Dan's dream. I was trying to imply that they were some kind of street gang or whatever.]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 6:03 pm

^(Oh, I'm sorry, Miss Kuraudo. :oops: )

About the Pokemon Shedinja and Ninjask, some time ago, me and Rose used to go exploring in the woods most of our time, but one day we saw an injured Nincada in the middle of the woods. Rose and I had agreed to help the poor guy by taking it home with us. After taking good care of it for days, Nincada had grown very fond of us and had stayed by our side ever since. One day, when we were out in the woods again, with Nincada with us, we got attacked by a wild Pincer. Nincada then became protective of Rose and I, and battled against the vicious Pokemon. After a grueling fight against each other, Nincada was able to defeat Pincer. After the battle, Nincada then evolved into two Pokemon, Ninjask and Shedinja. Rose seemed to think that Ninjask seems epically awesome, but doesn't seem to be interested in Shedinja much. Personally, I think Shedinja seemed pretty cool, which Rose finds odd (of course, there isn't a time when I'm not odd). So, in conclusion, Ninjask belongs to Rose, while Shedinja belongs to me.

(To be continued)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 6:14 pm

[No worries.]

"They do not belong to me. They accompany me by their own free will."
The leader was almost ready to scream with frustration. "Fine, whatever, we'll just take them by force!" The shifty people sent out a multitude of Mightyena, Houndoom, and a couple Gastly.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 7:02 pm

Well, anyway, I'm met in the kitchen by my family, my mother Lavender, my Aunt Violet (who's my mom's sister), my Uncle Joe, my cousin Rose (of course), and the Pokemon Ninjask and Shedinja.

I took a seat at the table next to my mother, who asked me, “How'd you sleep, sweetie?”

I told her I slept fine, but I didn't feel like telling about my dream I had. In fact, I wasn't really in the mood for it.

“Are you excited about going on an adventure with Rose?”, my Aunt Violet asked.

“Hmm? Oh, yeah. Yeah.”, I responded.

“Have you decided to take which Pokemon with you guys?”

“Mom,” Rose said, “I have Ninjask, and Dan has Shedinja. What the heck can go wrong?”

“Young lady,” Uncle Joe said, “Although you two are fine together on your journey, I'd don't think it's fair for Dan handling only Shedinja. I mean, Shedinja is fragile; one hit, that's it. And your Ninjask is fragile as well. So, we've talked with the professor, and said that it's alright for you two to have a secondary Pokemon with you.”

Rose widen her eyes, then smiled brightly. “Wow, another Pokemon for us?! Awesome!” She then turned to me and said, “Did you hear that, Danny? We get to pick a Pokemon from the professor!”

“Yeah, awesome,” I said.

“Shedinja...”, my Shedinja said as if to say Oh, good grief...

“Oh, don't worry, buddy,” I said to Shedinja, “I won't leave you out. I'll need you when I need you, I promise. Besides, Uncle Joe is right; one hit, that's it.”

“Shedinja”, Shedinja said in relief as if to say Thank you, Dan.

“And I'll still need you, Ninjask”, Rose said to her Ninjask.

“Ninjask!”, Ninjask said in glee as if to say Thank you! or All right!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 9:09 am

Somehow the shifty gang had regrouped after running away in terror, and were trying to recuperate at their hideout.
The leader's younger brother kept wanting more details, but the leader was too shaken to explain what had happened.

Meanwhile, the cloaked figure and the Gardevoir and Mew continued on their way, coming closer to Dan's town.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 3:34 pm

Somewhere nearby, a Bagon gazed up at the sky, daydreaming of one day finally being able to fly through it. A large leaf fluttered down from a nearby tree to land at Bagon's feet, interrupting its thoughts. It picked up the leaf, considering it thoughtfully, and then looked at the tree it had fallen from. "Ba... Bagon!" it said, an idea striking it. It rammed the tree with a Headbutt attack, causing more leaves to fall from it and sap to seep from its bark. Using the sap as glue, it carefully attached leaves all along the length of its arms, causing them to resemble wings. Could this be it? Would Bagon finally be able to fly?

(Mind if I join, and is it okay if I play exclusively as a Pokemon? I'll translate what Bagon is saying if need be, but I'll try to get the meaning across in other ways if I can. Either way, Bagon is ready to literally leap in, or not, at a convenient time :) )

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 6:40 pm

^(Go on ahead, Miss D&D. Er, don't you want to be a human character, though?)

"So," I asked, "Who was the professor you speak of? How did you two meet?"

"Oh," Uncle Joe responded, "I've met the professor when I was at a restaurant during lunch break at work. There, I came face-to-face with Professor Oak from the Kanto region. I asked if I wanted to chat with him, and said okay. So we talked for a while, saying that he is visiting this region on vacation, and I told them about you guys wanting to go out on a journey. Even though I didn't want to bug him, he said that he would love to see you two and will give you any of either the 3 Pokémon, Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle, when he has the chance."

"Wait," Rose said, "Dad, Professor Oak is coming here? When?"

"I talked to him a few days ago, and he said he'll come here at around....", Uncle Joe checked his watch for about a second, and then turned back to us, "Around noon."

"So, we either get to pick Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle?", I asked, "Out of curiosity, what if me and Rose want the same Pokémon?"

(To be continued)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 10:30 am

The hooded figure walked under Bagon's tree without looking up. The Mew was also too busy chasing leaves and doing loop-de-loops in mid air to notice. The Gardevoir did, but apart from wondering what a Bagon was doing in a tree covered in leaves, gave it no attention.
They stopped for a moment on the edge of Dan's town, to take stock of what sort of place it was.

[Does the town have a name, by the way?]

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 3:15 pm

^(Right now, I'm still working on a good name for the town , Miss Kuraudo.)

"That's a pretty good question, Danny," Uncle Joe said, "Unfortunately, many times each professor, like Birch from Hoenn, and Juniper from Unova, often have one Pokémon each at their side, though I don't really know the real reason they do so."

(Actually, I'm thinking about switching Professor Oak to a genuinely new professor, and Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle to genuinely new three Pokémon based off of a tiger, wolf, and bear cubs. What do you guys think?)

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 3:48 am

“Wahoooo!” came a distant yell from the sky, growing rapidly closer. From far away it appeared to be a shooting star, but up close there was a person inside the fireball. A person who not only was unharmed but seemed to be whooping in delight, a long black ponytail streaking behind them as they hurtled toward the earth.

“Wee~” They created a cloud in midair they bounced off of, and then landed on their butt on the sidewalk. Hisssss. The asphalt was smoldering underneath. They blinked. “Oh wow, looks like I’ve landed in another human settlement. I love humans!” they grinned at the tiny organized rows of houses. “So small, so disgustingly organized.“ They were by a tree, next to a person in a cloak. Before two seconds had passed they had already slid up and taken their hat off. “Hello my lovely lady?...lad?-- uh, hooded individual. Don’t you just love humans?” they practically sighed.

The cloaked figure would immediately noticed three things about this person: 1) they were blue; 2) they had no shirt on; and 3) as they were catching their breath, they were snorting puffs of smoke. Standing upright now, they were about five-foot-eight. A visible shudder coarsed over the humanoid’s body. “Oh god, I’m so happy I could just— mmmwah!” Without any warning they grabbed the other person by the waist and kissed them right on the mouth. A few seconds later they separated. “…Hah!” There was a string of saliva still left on the humanoid’s mouth which they wiped away with the back of their hand.

The toothy blue person blinked rapidly. “Oh! Pardon me, I haven’t even asked your name yet.” They smacked themself in the face. “Slow down, you rowdy boy.” A grin stretched across their face, revealing a mouthful of shark-like canines. "I'm guessing you aren't from around these parts either?"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 1:47 pm

I am Dream. said Dream. I come from the OmniCosmos. You do realize, I trust, that you are the only being to ever kiss an Eternal One?

The Gardevoir looked both indignant and half stunned by the recent turn of events. The Mew was, well, mewing in a way that was almost like giggling, and perched happily on Dream's hooded head.

Then: There are no beings of which you speak in the OmniCosmos. What is a human?

[A side note: the reason Dream keeps their hood up is because many reality bending things can and will happen if anyone looks into their eyes, which contain the heart of the OmniCosmos, basically. Their true form is a lot more striking and mysterious than just some being wearing a cloak, but they take on the more mundane form while exploring.]

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 6:19 pm

A muffled voice can from below the humanoid's left foot.
It sounded like a garbled mess of what was supposed to be:Please, stop stepping on me.
A shadow on the ground that was half underneath the foot and half beside Dream twitched about in an effort to free itself.