Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 10:01 pm

Hmmm. Why do Republicans hate Islam so much?

Republicans prefer women who are traditional and ladylike. Muslims also prefer those sorts of women.
Republicans like capitalism. Most Muslim countries are just as capitalistic and the United States.
Republicans believe that Jesus was born of a virgin. Muslims also believe in the virgin birth of Jesus. Seriously. They do.
Republicans think that gay marriage is wrong. Most Muslims agree.
Republicans think that men should be manly. Most Muslims agree.
Most Republicans are white. Most Muslims are not.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

I'm sure the racial factor is very significant, though religious prejudice shouldn't be underestimated, either, as so many Republicans are on the less than tolerant religious right.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm sure the racial factor is very significant, though religious prejudice shouldn't be underestimated, either, as so many Republicans are on the less than tolerant religious right.

Yes, but where does this religious bigotry come from?

Is it that Muhammad had sex with teenage girls? In ancient Israel, this was common practice.
Do Republicans dislike Halal? Kosher is similar to Halal, but even more strict.
Do Republicans dislike genital mutilation? In Judaism, they do this to babies.
Is it that Muslims reject the holy trinity in favor of a single God? Jews also do this.
Is it because Muhammad was a cat person? Maybe Republicans hate cats.

... or maybe they just hate anything that ain't white.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:24 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, but where does this religious bigotry come from?

Is it that Muhammad had sex with teenage girls? In ancient Israel, this was common practice.
Do Republicans dislike Halal? Kosher is similar to Halal, but even more strict.
Do Republicans dislike genital mutilation? In Judaism, they do this to babies.
Is it that Muslims reject the holy trinity in favor of a single God? Jews also do this.
Is it because Muhammad was a cat person? Maybe Republicans hate cats.

... or maybe they just hate anything that ain't white.

I am pretty sure circumcision was done more for medicinal purposes, wheras the genital mutilation that people complain about in muslim countries is done to females specifically to prevent them experiencing pleasure from sex from what I've heard. Like they are literally cutting something out of their body. So based on that I am not sure circumcision and genital mutilation are one and the same.

But it is true there are a lot of parallels between what fundie republicans/right wingers believe...and devout muslims.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:49 pm

It has nothing to do with color or ethnicity. The politics of islam is not compatible with the american concept of freedom of religion. Overthrowing the government of the US, or any other non-islamic government, is also part of their politically based "religion". Their religion demands world domination by muslums. Resisting subjugation to muslums is considered an attack on islam, and must be defended by force. Innocently going around murdering infidels to "defend" islam is acceptable in their culture.
Their holy books instruct the faithful to murder of people who belong to other religions, and to do it in ways that cause terror. Muslums are almost always the instigators if violence, and declaring their own innocence at the same time. The tenets of islam and sharia show these are not opposing beliefs. Their holy books also instruct them that lying to infidels is blessed by their god. Research it for yourselves.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:28 pm

Mudboy wrote:
It has nothing to do with color or ethnicity. The politics of islam is not compatible with the american concept of freedom of religion. Overthrowing the government of the US, or any other non-islamic government, is also part of their politically based "religion". Their religion demands world domination by muslums. Resisting subjugation to muslums is considered an attack on islam, and must be defended by force. Innocently going around murdering infidels to "defend" islam is acceptable in their culture.
Their holy books instruct the faithful to murder of people who belong to other religions, and to do it in ways that cause terror. Muslums are almost always the instigators if violence, and declaring their own innocence at the same time. The tenets of islam and sharia show these are not opposing beliefs. Their holy books also instruct them that lying to infidels is blessed by their god. Research it for yourselves.

Actually I doubt all the muslims find it 'acceptable' to kill infidels, however when you have religious laws in place in this case sharia law it creates a cesspool for extremism...and toxicity. But there are plenty of muslims who disagree with forced religion and would like to see more secular laws...for instance it would seem the idea of equal rights for women is picking up in the region that wouldn't happen if not for muslims and others in those countries getting sick of the status quo and wanting to see progress.

I imagine the vast majority of muslims who live in the United States for instance, find islamic terrorism just as despicable as any non-muslim here does.

Also the the politics of fundamentalism aren't compatible with the concept of freedom of religion either, yet you still see fundies trying to push religious legislation in this country.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 19 Feb 2018, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:40 pm

Mudboy wrote:
It has nothing to do with color or ethnicity. The politics of islam is not compatible with the american concept of freedom of religion.

... and yet Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians have all peacefully coexisted with Muslims for centuries.

Quote:
Overthrowing the government of the US, or any other non-islamic government, is also part of their politically based "religion".

Why did you put the word "religion" in sacre quotes? Islam is a religion.

You are also conveniently ignoring all the African countries in which Christians and Muslims coexist peacefully.

Quote:
Their religion demands world domination by muslums.

Prove it. Provide Quranic verses which prove your point. ... and don't try to take those verses out of context. If you do that, I can easily call you out with the help of my good friend CTRL-F.

Another Thing: Lots of Christians want the world to be dominated by Christians. That was a major factor which drove the Native American Genocide.

Another Thing: When Suharto of Indonesia was killing the Christians of East Timor, the Republican Party sided with him until 1991.

Another Thing: You spelled "Muslims" incorrectly.

Quote:
Resisting subjugation to muslums is considered an attack on islam, and must be defended by force. Innocently going around murdering infidels to "defend" islam is acceptable in their culture.

https://www.parhlo.com/7-verses-of-quran-that-prove-islam-is-a-peaceful-religion/

Addionally, the Bible contains plenty of violent verses.

Another Thing: Islam is a proper noun. It deserves a capital I.

You spelled "Muslims" incorrectly again.

Quote:
Their holy books instruct the faithful to murder of people who belong to other religions, and to do it in ways that cause terror.

... and yet Islamic pacifism is a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hajj_Salim_Suwari#Suwarian_Tradition

Addionally, the Republicans are hypocrites if they dislike violence and terrorism. If they dislike violence and terrorism, why did they side with Augusto Pinochet? Why did they kill innocent Iraqi civilians? Why did they help to overthrow Mohammad Mosaddegh?

The most brutal Islamic extremist in the world today is King Salman. The Republicans are okay with him.

Quote:
Muslums are almost always the instigators if violence, and declaring their own innocence at the same time.

Are you saying that the Rohingya people got what they deserved?

Another Thing: Stop misspelling Muslims.

Quote:
The tenets of islam and sharia show these are not opposing beliefs.

There are plenty of Christians who persecute homosexuals while talking about how loving they are.

The Bible, much like the Quran, is a book that paradoxically promotes violence and nonviolence in separate sections. Religion is man-made.

Quote:
Their holy books also instruct them that lying to infidels is blessed by their god.

This is a complete fabrication.

Quote:
Research it for yourselves.

No. You provide quotes from the Quran.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 8:16 pm

not news, but huge generalizations and attacks on the character of republicans. locked.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.