Global sea level rise on faster pace than expected

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 10:24 pm

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/news/articles/extreme-weather/global-sea-level-rise-us-flood-rain-nasa-el-nino-la-nina-pacific-climate-melting-ice-greenland-fossil-fuel/95694

"Conservatives" are just like SpongeBob and Patrick right now.

"Oh Magic Conch! What shall we do!"

"Nothing!"

"The Magic Conch has spoken!"

I put the word "conservative" in sacre quotes because allowing the destruction of the environment, obviously, doesn't conserve anything.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 11:10 pm

NASA agrees.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 1:00 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I put the word "conservative" in sacre quotes because allowing the destruction of the environment, obviously, doesn't conserve anything.

it conserves the thickness of the oil companies wallets, for sure.

that is, until there's no longer a planet to do business on. :)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:25 pm

Someone once said something like, "If an internet source places a link to another of its own pages to provide corroborating 'evidence' for a claim that is being made, then this is an indicator that you are probably being deceived". If you click on the second link they provide ("water levels have been going up") you go straight to another article of theirs ("Trumps Ice Caps 'Setting Records' Belief Baffles Scientists" - Trump, along with Putin, are blamed for everything these days it seems).

True research involves taking into account, and linking to, sources of information that you yourself do not already have, and yet apart from the very first link, the ones provided within the article all connect to other pages of 'The Weather Network'. Since they do this, they are not being impartial, neither are they taking into consideration views that do not agree with theirs. They could be wrong, but they would never know it. What we have here is an echo-chamber of views that conform to the official line of 'The Weather Network'. If a high school student did something like this for a project of theirs, they would be given an F.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:24 pm

Lintar wrote:
Someone once said something like, "If an internet source places a link to another of its own pages to provide corroborating 'evidence' for a claim that is being made, then this is an indicator that you are probably being deceived". If you click on the second link they provide ("water levels have been going up") you go straight to another article of theirs ("Trumps Ice Caps 'Setting Records' Belief Baffles Scientists" - Trump, along with Putin, are blamed for everything these days it seems).

It seems most of this along with crying over immigration, is trying to convince people not to vote for trump.

Lintar wrote:
True research involves taking into account, and linking to, sources of information that you yourself do not already have, and yet apart from the very first link, the ones provided within the article all connect to other pages of 'The Weather Network'. Since they do this, they are not being impartial, neither are they taking into consideration views that do not agree with theirs. They could be wrong, but they would never know it. What we have here is an echo-chamber of views that conform to the official line of 'The Weather Network'. If a high school student did something like this for a project of theirs, they would be given an F.

You're exactly right. Sources like The Weather Network and especially The Young Turks are the types of sources I would use if I was going for an F.

I really don't get the OP's consistency of using the worst types of sources, other than he likes playing games and doesn't want to be taken seriously.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:36 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

it conserves the thickness of the oil companies wallets, for sure.

that is, until there's no longer a planet to do business on. :)

I doubt that the primitive early 20th century technology that operates on oil is going to be around that much longer. Gasoline driven cars are most likely going to go the same way as landline telephones and cathode ray picture tube TV's.