Page 2 of 8 [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:58 am

Harder

As in I can pull off seeming neurotypical throughout the day (for the most part), but I have to work harder at everything than your typical NT. I have to use the analytical part of my brain to try to access my stored database of phrases and ensure it's done within the right context, and with the right tone and hopefully facial expressions. I also have to use that same part of my brain to analyze. I'm pretty sure I'm just kicking the sh*t out of that part of my brain, and I'm exhausted when I come home at night.

KennyIOM
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2018, 8:09 am

Ostracizing

DEbiscuit100
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2018, 9:11 am

Lintar wrote:
DEbiscuit100 wrote:
vivaciousness

Yes having Aspergers is not a walk in the park but life isnt either. I was going to choose something like life, or heart. I believe they describe autism as it is a part of you. For me thought its a part of you that makes me lively and excited for what is ahead of me. Plus vivacious is a fun word to say, when you know how to say it ;) :D 8)

Yes, but... having Aspergers makes the walk in the park so much more hazardous than it otherwise would be. I have to confess, I do not know why you believe it makes you "lively" and "excited". I don't suppose you could explain what you mean by this, because it's truly baffling.

Always look on the bright side of life. Yes I know what its like walking thought that park with aspergers and I also know what it is like living on my own with aspergers in general as I have recently moved out from me mothers. I live with a very close friend who also is a aspie Hahaha life goals :D lively and existed because I look forward to the future and because without my aspergers I would not be myself and that is not right.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 9:32 am

Trapped

I feel trapped that I can’t communicate in a way that gets my thoughts to come across on point. It is like being confined into a cage.

I feel trapped in that I can’t and will never be able to have some life experience most people in my age group have already gone through.

I feel trapped in a situation that makes living independently hard and exhausting.

I feel trapped knowing that one will ever understand the effort and hard work I put into everyday situations most NTs take for granted like small talk, tolerating loud noises and harsh lights, laughing at jokes, and just trying to get through a day without shutting down.

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2018, 7:05 pm

Lonely

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:41 pm

starcats wrote:
confused

Confusing.

Some days certain things bother me, other days they do not.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 12:55 am

Exhausting.

Because it takes so much effort to maintain a "normal" facade, especially in times of stress.
Because it takes so much effort to keep all the thoughts, priorities, memories, plans and everything else in my mind in some kind of order, even for a very short time.
Because it takes so much effort to stay focused on things that don't interest me at all, but in which I'm expected to be mentally invested.
Because it takes so much effort to explain, even to those closest to me, why some things are just so difficult when they seem so easy to others.
Because I'm now in my fifties and, even with the benefit of years of practice, I no longer have the energy or patience to keep trying to meet NT expectations.

DualMorality
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Feb 2018, 1:29 am

One word? Perhaps Fixation would be fitting for all the odd topics that capture my interest for years at a time. I also think Ambivalent could work too

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 1:36 am

stunted.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm

foreigner... feels of having origins from a culture of incompatible values and etiquette.

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2018, 6:22 pm

Bliss or Sadness

It was hard to pick one word, so I thought of these two because one half of my autism makes me positive and I am happy and nice with all my traits and stuff, along with being able to communicate with others and have fun. Other side feels like I am isolated and alone, and in a deep sorrow, especially because of my stress/anxiety problems and having to go through some hard times recently, thats about that.......

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:07 pm

Liberating!

While there are definitely issues, it is much more fun to be aspie than to wallow in the "regular" world.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 9:46 pm

^^^ :wtg:

Erika12345
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2018, 2:41 am

Shameful.

Sorry, but it is. Haven't come to terms with my diagnosis, though I got it 4 years ago. Haven't tell a lot of people about it. Haven't talk to my parents about it, seeing that they didn't accept me as a gay youth at the time, so why they would accept me now? Also I'm sort of passing now as odd neurotypical, so I'm always afraid that people around me would guess it and reject me- from work, from social groups. Some days I don't even mind that I have Asperger, but some days it is hard to shake this feeling off.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 2:45 am

apart.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 2:49 am

Meh.