what is the oldest thing you own?

Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 7:32 pm

AspergersActor8693 wrote:

I also have a couple of old books from the 19th century that I have for sale in my eCommerce business, one from 1884 and another from 1899. Until someone buys them you can count them as mine I guess.

You guess wrong , they are a business asset not yours <------- too pedantic ?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:00 pm

Eh, I can take the listings down whenever I please and commandeer them for myself. One of the bonuses of being your own boss. :wink:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:03 pm

Eh, I can take the listings down whenever I please and commandeer them for myself. One of the bonuses of being your own boss. :wink:

Don't tell the tax man :wink:

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:07 pm

My yacht is own by my business and the tax man knows it... Technically, I am homeless still :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:11 pm

You live on a yacht?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:12 pm

I have a picture of Charlie Brown that I bought at a flea market. The year on the back of it says 1970, which was about 4-5 years before I was born. :)

I have plush toys of Garfield, Odie, and Arlene (Garfield's girlfriend) that were probably made in the early 80's. I can tell that they are the early characters because Garfield is fatter while Odie and Arlene are much skinnier (ironic, isn't it?), and their eyes are smaller, rounder, and not "conjoined" like the later dolls are.

Last edited by lostonearth35 on 20 Feb 2018, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:14 pm

Have you ever seen the show "Flipper," SH90?

I envision you being like the father on "Flipper." He was a practical man---but he also loved dolphins.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:15 pm

SH90 wrote:
My yacht is own by my business and the tax man knows it... Technically, I am homeless still :lol:

creative accountancy :wink:

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:19 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

Don't tell the tax man :wink:

As of now it doesn't bring in enough to warrant the income being taxed, so for the time being I'm okay.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You live on a yacht?

Yes and it's cheaper then you think, for me it's practical and gives me freedom.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Have you ever seen the show "Flipper," SH90?

I envision you being like the father on "Flipper." He was a practical man---but he also loved dolphins.

No I haven't... Most people who get to know me, would say I am practical and very resourceful. I've aways lived below my means, but I make the most of it. When I was homeless, by legal definition. I turned my Volvo station wagon into a really comfortable camper. I only slept in it and cooked small meals; I enjoyed the city and considered it my home. Later after working full time, I upgraded to something larger and made my own really nice RV. But it didn't look like one on the outside, but it easily would go head to head with the nicest small RV's as far as interiors are concerned. I lived in that while working full time and traveled on the weekends. Shortly after I tried traditional apartment living in a high rise and after being "homeless" for so long. I could never get use to living in such a large space. I eventually turned the room into a workshop and started a business out of it and lived only in the living room. I lost my full time job, I then pumped my time in my business and now it's starting to pay off... When I lost the job is when I bought the yacht and fixed it up. To me it's perfect, I own it out right and have less then $50,000 in it. It has 2 rooms and 1 bathroom, so plenty of room for myself and the occasional guess. The interior looks like a new yacht and has been completely refitted. I been thinking about upgrading though, something newer and a little bigger. My slip, with electricity and live aboard fee is usually less then $450 a month and is way cheaper then a apartment. I do high end upholstery, so more then anything it's a model of my work (hence my business owns it).

SaveFerris wrote:
SH90 wrote:

creative accountancy :wink:

He is worth every penny.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:47 pm

I think it's nifty that you live on a yacht.

Aren't yachts usually "shes," though?

When I retire, I might just buy me a RV, and wander the country for a while.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 9:09 pm

Most people refer to them as she. There is a girl who lives on a small sailboat, I want to say 27 feet or so and she calls it a he (only one I met who says the boat is he, but historically that boat has had female names. I hope (s)he's happy with the sex change and doesn't get angry).

I always liked Airstreams for RV's. You should check YouTube for van conversions though, some really nice ones on there.

This guy did a nice job.

Lately I been admiring this beauty, but it's a bit out of my price range :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 9:11 pm

I've seen some amazing creations on trucks, too.

Lisa, from "Ice Road Truckers," did a good job with her "living space" in her truck.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:25 am

An AM radio and transistor radio, which are probably from the 1960's.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 21, 2018)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:16 am

I used to love my transistor radio as a kid. I'd listen to it for hours on end.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:20 am

I also forgot to mention that the transistor radio comes with the leather pouch. :P