Do people on the spectrum dream more vividly than NTs?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2018, 9:11 am

So since I was young I've always dreamt very vividly. Sometimes nightmares, sometimes not so much.
The weird thing is that some of my dreams are really close to what's about to happen in reality.

I don't think I'm psychic or whatever but I do wonder if it's possible that I subconsciously pick up on things that I can't consciously process? So then I dream about it?

Anyway, is vivid dreaming an Aspie thing or not?

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2018, 9:21 am

Most of my dreams are vivid. And i can remember a select few going all the way back to when I was 6 or 7. And although some of my dreams have been a little scary, I wouldn't consider any of them to have been nightmares.

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 9:52 am

Most of my dreams are vivid.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 9:59 am

My dreams are vivid. Some are good ones (travel dreams, cat/pet dreams), while others are scary (car accidents, being caught in socially embarrassing situations, bad things happening to people I care about).

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2018, 10:13 am

My dreams are vivid.
I remember one dream as an example, I was about to be shot at whilst I was under the front end of a motor vehicle.
In the dream I rolled to one side to avoid being hit by the bullet.
In real life I fell out of bed as I rolled to one side. How real is that may I ask.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2018, 12:35 pm

My dreams have always been off-the-chart weird, full of lurid and surreal imagery. Sometimes they are terrifying, other times they are thoroughly enjoyable and I wish they could go on a lot longer. I don't think they mean anything though. I think they are just a jumble of thoughts and memories all mixed together in a surreal way. I used to keep a dream diary but it didn't really tell me anything about myself although it was amusing to read through it sometimes.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2018, 1:36 pm

I don't. I have had some lucid dreams, which has been really weird. But most of the time I don't remember my dreams at all, and when I do, they're about really boring stuff. Last week I dreamt that a guitar-string broke. Before that, I dreamt that I found a pen that I lost.
I've always wished for my dreams to be more interesting.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2018, 2:13 pm

I have dreams more bright and vivid than reality sometimes (by that I mean attention to detail and emotional involvement). I've had a very disturbing dream recently and woke up in tears. That said, I don't believe NT on ND have difference in this realm.
P.S. not diagnosed with ASD.

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2018, 4:43 pm

I don't remember dreams most of the time, but when I do, they are vivid. The last time I have dreamed about something was when I was a young teen. My dream was being chased by a vampire goat. It had horns and body of a goat with fangs of a vampire. The scariest thing was that I was temporarily paralyzed when I woke up.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 11:34 pm

I mostly dream about my fears, like spiders, fires, death of a loved one, embarrassing myself in public, being around people with norovirus, colonoscopies or smear tests, school bells, being bullied, and there's probably more I can't think of at present.

I also dream about things that are on my mind, or just everyday things, like work, family, friends, travelling, etc.
Also I write stories a lot, and so sometimes I dream of the characters in my stories, it's like watching a video of my own stories!

Then I dream of weird things, like being back at school, or rollercoasters. Yes, nearly every night, no matter what my dream is about, a rollercoaster ride sneaks it's way into my dream for some reason. And I dream that I'm on it, going down very fast tracks and going upside down. I love going on rollercoasters, I don't fear them, but I'm always dreaming about them. I don't understand why. :?

But, to answer the thread, yes I do dream vividly enough to remember them each morning. I read somewhere that deep thinkers and anxious people with big imaginations dream more vividly, and I'm a deep thinker and an anxious person with a big imagination.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2018, 5:05 am

The most annoying thing i regularly dream about are toilets.

Usually i dream i'm on the toilet, but for some reason there are lot of people, they can see me, i'm exposed and more often than not, someone is persistent on talking to me while i'm trying to do business and i'm getting very agitated about it. And when I am exposed to other people while i'm on the toilet, it's never a humiliation thing, no one is ever laughing or singling me out, it always appears normal and other people are just getting on with things like they normally would... except, i'm on the toilet and wishing everyone would go away so i can poop in peace lol

I have a lot of dreams like that and its weird :?

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

vest9
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2018, 8:01 pm

Yes always had vivid dreams, all kinds of weird stuff:blue meringues, lavatories that are public without walls, gory dreams, being stuck in a tower, psychedelic stuff. Usually feel exhausted and anxious when I wake up, it certainly is not a restful nights sleep. It's like existing in a parallel universe.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

I think so. The dreams that I almost always have are in full 3D-colour, have sound, other (realistic) characters whom I have never actually met in real life (what is "real" anyway?) and with whom I can interact, obey the very same laws of physics (example: if I drop something it will fall at the same predictable rate), and in all other respects are indistinguishable from what I would experience whilst awake. I never have dreams where I, for example, can take to the air just by flapping my arms, or walk through walls. I do, however, always wake up just when I'm about to die in the dream. I don't know why.

Sorrend
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2018, 9:42 pm

I dream really, really vividly.

I also go to a school for students on the Autism Spectrum and not everyone dreams vividly.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:31 pm

Very vivid dreaming along with lucid dreaming

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:37 pm

Most of my dreams are very vivid and colourful. They're also very memorable as well.