Ever moved somewhere new and just couldn't get used to it?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:51 pm

Hi guys,

I moved to a new flat about 13 months ago. It's still in the same city I lived in before, but another part, about 15 miles apart. Well the first 2-3 months were fine but then I suddenly started disliking it. I noticed more and more things I didn't like about this new area. Plus I had some on and off trouble with various neighbors. I share walls with 3 neighbors now and sometimes they can be loud and annoying. Whereas previously I was happy for 3 years in a quiet souterrain flat with only one guy above me.

Well, I had a one year lease anyway, so I had to stay at least that long, and also I wanted to try to get used to it. But I just can't, after all this time I still don't like it here, don't enjoy being at home, don't enjoy going outside here either since the area is a bit sh***y. It has made me really irritable and I kinda just feel very distant from my surroundings and out of place.

Well now that the year is over I've been looking for new flats and especially in the area I used to live in, as I actually loved it there. Sadly it's very hard currently to find a flat in this city. So it will surely take a whole while.

Another thing that kinda makes me insecure is that everybody who has visited me here says they like the flat just fine and that the area isn't actually that bad, and that they don't see anything wrong with living here. That made me think I'm being overly picky or disliking the place for no sensible reason. :?

Has this happened to you? Moving somewhere and although there's nothing really objectively wrong, it just doesn't feel right and you just want to go back?