Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:46 pm

So, not too long ago I posted about how I was feeling to this other website, and here's how the conversation went:

Me: "I'm exhausted, people expect me to talk throughout the day, but I just feel drained and I'm fed up of talking. A part of me just feels like retreating inside myself, I want to escape reality for a bit but I don't know how long for.

Unfortunately, the people in my life see my withdrawal as a cry for help, so they try and talk to me to comfort me, but that just makes it worse. I've been stressed lately and I don't why, my friend keeps asking me why to try and help, which ironically just make me feel more stressed, because then I feel pressured into identifying the original cause of the stress which I can't seem to do since I can't find the words to accurately describe, due to the fact I don't know why I'm feeling so on edge as of late.

I feel physically tired, yet also often jittery and it's conflicting. The tiredness makes me want to withdraw from conversation, sometimes sleep, but also it can make me feel like going hyper when I'm alone. How can I say "I'm not in the mood to talk right now" without seeming rude? But then if I do, they might ask "Why aren't you in the mood to talk?" and at that point I can't find the words to explain and I just AAAAAAAA!".

User 1: Has it crossed your mind that you might be depressed?

Poster 2: Could it be that people are just not bringing up the subjects you are interested in?
There are certain subjects I don't join in with or open up about.

User 3: Maybe it's a medical condition? Blood sugar problems, ect. Perhaps you should get a blood test.

Poster 4: I agree with user 1, I've been depressed in several forms during my life, and I can confidently say that what you are describing sounds like depression. Stress is one of the main factors causing depression, and it sounds like a main problem in your life. From the perspective of a psychology student, and someone who has encountered main forms of depression myself, I'd say depression in some form is the best thing to blame.

8O Thoughts?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 8:27 pm

How come you don’t feel like talking to people? How long does this feeling last?

I’m sensing your studies might be occupying your mind so much that you don’t feel the need to socialize.

How about those three friends you mentioned in a thread? Do you confide in them?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 10:11 am

How are you feeling today, LostDragon?

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 12:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How are you feeling today, LostDragon?

I'm feeling better. :)

Still sometimes jittery, but not too much stress today.

I have managed to keep awake, and responsive.

There were times when I felt like leaving the classroom, but they were quite infrequent.

Hmm. Well, it's hard to describe why I don't feel like talking when I'm in one of those moods, I just seem to draw an apathetic blank where you could ask me anything, and I probably wouldn't feel like answering.

Even when it's about a subject I enjoy, for instance when I was in one of these moods my friends asked me who my favourite character is in Steven Universe.

I like that show, and I do have a favourite character, but for some reason my mind decided that it had experienced enough, and that it didn't particularly want to reply, so instead of saying "Yeah I like Pearl", it came out more as "Eh.... Er... Meh".

Guess that I have just been worn out as of late.