Hi All-New, well re-registered after a few years

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

vest9
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2018, 7:07 pm

Hi All

Great to be back on the forum. I was diagnosed with ASD over a decade ago, over that time the diagnosis has been questioned by various doctors and people I know, I don't know!- it's very confusing. Somedays I feel 100% AS and other days I can masquerade very well as NT. I have depression and anxiety disorder and I'm really uncomfortable around others, I worry about communicating with people, have huge difficulty working out what someones reaction to a given situation maybe, I even find text messages complicated to understand sometimes. But there are times when I know exactly the right thing to say to someone if they're upset, I do have empathy but relationships and general communication is hard. I'm due to have a private second opinion assessment in March it's daunting I identify as being on the autistic spectrum, the difficulties I have experienced are pervasive. But I'm quite apprehensive about the assessment and its ramifications. I know I have major depression and social anxiety to throw into the mix as well I just want some clarification about diagnosis and some psychological treatment so I can learn to cope with mixing with others and manage the never-ending anxiety that rattles round ze mind! Thank you. Warm wishes to you all :heart:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 9:29 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)