Should we worry about racism towards white people?

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:02 am

Yep. It is pretty odd.

It's pretty complex. Many people actually do consider Turkish people to be "white." Those who don't consider them "white" consider the fact that they are Muslim in the overall equation. To some people, "Muslim" automatically means "nonwhite."

Within police reports here in NYC, both Arabs and East Indians were considered to be "white" in the old days. Nowadays, the Indians are considered to be their own "race." Arabs are still considered "white."

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:12 am

Yeah those people are Caucasian, I think most people would consider Albanians or Bosnians white even though they are also Muslim. What I also find silly is people who are 1/4 black 3/4 white are considered black by lots of people.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:19 am

In the old days, in some parts of the southern United States, one was considered "black" if that person was 1/32 black.

Being 1/32 black means that one great-great-great grandparent was black. The other 31 people in that line of descent were white.

The racism against black people in the US was extremely profound in the past. The racism against black people in other places, most of the time, wasn't nearly as profound.

Many times, after a black male person was lynched, the person was castrated as well.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:31 am

Never heard White people ever described as "nefarious" nor "cultish". And saying that "the media" (which in the US is mostly composed of, and owned by White people) need to be reminded that all folks in their own race "are not evil" is nonsense wrapped in nonsense.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:37 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Never heard White people ever described as "nefarious" nor "cultish". And saying that "the media" (which in the US is mostly composed of, and owned by White people) need to be reminded that all folks in their own race "are not evil" is nonsense wrapped in nonsense.

The elite want to divide people one way to do this is giving a platform to people who attack whites.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:41 am

Daniel89 wrote:
I agree I find it weird Americans don't consider Mexicans white. The idea that you have two identical olive skinned people from the Med but one is Greek so is considered white and one is Turkish so not considered white is a bit silly.

Most non aristocratic Mexicans are Mestizo (White-Indian mix), or are pure Indian, and thus do in fact look quite distinct from European ancestry Americans (who are usually only of European ancestry, though often of mixed within Europe ancestry).

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:51 am

one side of the UK press has for some time been trying to push an agenda of 'whites are hard done by'. IMO it's just another way of trying to stir up hatred and division, which they have a history of doing.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why do certain "white people" consider "whiteness" to be akin to an ethnicity or a religion, anyway?

Well, people with lighter skin are less likely to be shot by the cops for no reason. That's a fact.

A lot of people see this as an attack on lighter-skinned people (even though it clearly isn't) and so they develop an "Us white people have to stick together!" attitude.

Eventually, a few hyper-imaginative paranoids join this movement and so people start concocting pseudo-historical, mythology about how truly amazing the white race is ... even though the concept of "white unity" is extremely modern.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:54 am

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
And whith this I make my main point: what if, in a distant future, we will live in a society where white (caucasian) americans are demonized because of their racist ancestors?

That's already something which exists. What might really boil your noodle is considering a future in which white Americans are demonised and in which they are also a demographic minority.

It's a redundant consideration either way, to my mind. The answer to racism is not racism, and it's especially not the answer to perceived racism. Moral principles which lack reciprocation are piss-poor moral principles.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:55 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Well, people with lighter skin are less likely to be shot by the cops for no reason. That's a fact.

Citation needed. Especially regarding the underlined text.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 12:47 pm

I think this question boils down differently in different places.

South Africa? It's a very big concern as it could very well turn to atrocity in the next five years, and there's nowhere else where things look quite that bad.

Europe, US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand? It certainly erodes our civic nationalism and we should probably be doing whatever we can to find better inroads to problem solving than allowing racism really from any side. I think the only valid sense of 'us vs. them' exists when one group can't do anything, at all, about their situation. In cultures that are based on civic nationalism and trying to solve problems it's not meet for it to become a fixture or to be excused by 'It's not racism if you don't have institutional power' in the long run. If things are crap then temporary anger is understandable but if it becomes race identity vs. race identity and that takes on its own vitality then we're headed toward some nasty times and doing so voluntarily out of our own pigheadedness.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 12:52 pm

I would certainly agree with the above.

It happened in Zimbabwe (to the extreme detriment of Zimbabwe, by the way).

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 1:05 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
What I also find silly is people who are 1/4 black 3/4 white are considered black by lots of people.

Yeah. There's a term for that. They call it the "one-drop rule".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

The "one-drop rule" is one of the stupidest rules ever created by humankind. During the Middle Ages, Jews who converted to Christianity were often accepted into European society. This means that a very large portion of white people are part Jewish.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 1:11 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
What I also find silly is people who are 1/4 black 3/4 white are considered black by lots of people.

Yeah. There's a term for that. They call it the "one-drop rule".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

The "one-drop rule" is one of the stupidest rules ever created by humankind. During the Middle Ages, Jews who converted to Christianity were often accepted into European society. This means that a very large portion of white people are part Jewish.

A lot of the British upper classes are in fact distantly mixed race apparently Princess Diana was part Indian, Indian probably being the most common admixture. The richest Citizen the Duke of Westminster is a descent of a black Russian Noble.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 1:15 pm

adifferentname wrote:
What might really boil your noodle is considering a future in which white Americans are demonised and in which they are also a demographic minority.

This will never happen because, even if non-whites become the majority in America, the ruling class will continue to be white.

Addionally, America is moving towards racial equality, not anti-white hate.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 3:29 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
What might really boil your noodle is considering a future in which white Americans are demonised and in which they are also a demographic minority.

This will never happen because, even if non-whites become the majority in America, the ruling class will continue to be white.

Addionally, America is moving towards racial equality, not anti-white hate.

The idea that the ruling class care about anyone below them is laughable, they will gladly demonise poor whites to stay in power.