Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 9:56 am

Do any of you guys write in cursive? I used to write in print, but now I only write in cursive.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 20, 2018)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 10:07 am

I much prefer to not write in cursive as my handwriting is poor , I usually write in capitals ( uppercase )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 2:31 pm

I write in cursive when I want to write something quickly because it's much faster.
If I'm writing something for someone else, I'll usually print because I know some people have trouble reading cursive, although my writing is quite neat.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 3:30 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Do any of you guys write in cursive? I used to write in print, but now I only write in cursive.

Yes I do, all the time as my primary way of writing. We were taught it in school as the "grown up" way to write. Now I don't know if they even teach it anymore.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

Yes I do, all the time as my primary way of writing. We were taught it in school as the "grown up" way to write. Now I don't know if they even teach it anymore.

Most likely not, which is another reason why I write in cursive, to keep it alive.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 4:57 pm

I never had the fine motor skills to do cursive well. My printing is awful too. I type whenever possible to avoid embarrassment. Writing in cursive is a good way to keep secrets from kids.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:28 pm

My cursive is the worst, even my signature looks like a bunch of squiggles.

As soon as school stopped requirung our work be in cursive, I dropped it and never looked back.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:50 pm

I think cursive is less fatiguing as it doesn't require constant lifting of the pen/pencil.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:05 am

RainbowUnion wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

We were taught so too. I can't imagine writing anything lengthy without using cursive. Cursive is a given.

That said, mine isn't pretty. Sometimes even I can have a hard time reading it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:15 am

I don't exactly have pleasant memories when it comes to cursive writing. My Primary school teachers often made me stay behind in class to practice cursive letters. We used to have these big booklets where we would copy certain phrases or letters joint together.

They would go over all these rules, that we were supposed to memorise, such as "make a swish at the top of an O, except if it joins a U", or something among those lines.

Personally, well, I never really got the hang of it, and they would get frustrated at me. In the end my parents requested that they just let me write in print because I kept getting in trouble for "not writing correctly".

Sometimes I would forget all the flicks and twirls on each letter, so I would write in print and then go over my work and try to add the details in that I missed out. However, it didn't really work because it was still obvious that I hadn't just added them in the first place.

It took plenty of arguing, but eventually the teachers agreed to let me write in print without getting into trouble. This greatly sped up my writing speed, since I no longer had to worry about accidentally using an up swish mark when I meant a down swish mark, or missing the swish on the O's.

My Primary school had a very particular style of writing, so much so that when I started Secondary school my English teacher saw my writing and knew immediately which Primary I went to, and pointed out how he could tell.

Although I write in print, there are still a few letters that I write using cursive.

My lowercase g's and f's remain in cursive, but the rest of my letters are in print. I think this is because they drilled the importance of cursive g's and f's into us the most, so that part still remains.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:17 am

Yes, I know how to write in cursive.
That being said, for some reason, I usually write in a mix of cursive and printing.

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:18 am

Nope. Never written in cursive, except when it was mandatory back in elementary.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Feb 2018, 6:29 am

My handwriting is horrible due to dysgraphia & a tremor disorder that acts up when writing. I used to write in print cuz it was more legible but I kind of had to start writing in cursive when I started high-skewl. I haven't done much writing since I graduated except for singing my name. When I do abit of writing I tend to start in print but I write big in general & it's even bigger in print & I also write slow in general & it's even slower in print so I switch to cursive cuz I start running out of space & find it taking too long.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:49 am

My handwriting is horrible, and i only write in cursive when i sign something. In other situations i text.

Prefer not to use a pen whenever possible.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:42 pm

I learned cursive in elementary school and throughout grade school had to write essays on tests in it. I was never very good at it. I have some motor skill issues with it. I always sign my name on papers in cursive, however. It doesn't look great, but is acceptable enough.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

We were taught so too. I can't imagine writing anything lengthy without using cursive. Cursive is a given.

That said, mine isn't pretty. Sometimes even I can have a hard time reading it.

Mine is beautiful. I get compliments on my "elegant, flowing script". (Someone actually said that to me).

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado