Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Do any of you guys write in cursive? I used to write in print, but now I only write in cursive.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 20, 2018)

Yes I do, all the time as my primary way of writing. We were taught it in school as the "grown up" way to write. Now I don't know if they even teach it anymore.
We were taught so too. I can't imagine writing anything lengthy without using cursive. Cursive is a given.

That said, mine isn't pretty. Sometimes even I can have a hard time reading it.

Mine is beautiful. I get compliments on my "elegant, flowing script". (Someone actually said that to me).

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:18 pm

My cursive is ,I think,legible. However it is quite childlike/crude. I can't write quickly though. My handwriting really goes to pot if I try to.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:26 pm

Besides my illegible signature.. nope. I don't think I've written in cursive for ~20 years. Many young people these days don't even have a cursive signature because they've never learned to write in cursive!

My handwriting looks like s**t tbh. Back when I was a kid teachers did an analysis and I learned why it looks like s**t, but never practiced enough to truly overcome it. My letters have inconsistent slants.. some slant back, some vertical, others forward.. and I'm not talking throughout a page.. I mean within a word! It makes for very sloppy looking writing.. on the bright side I've had "doctors handwriting," all my life and maybe someday it'll come in handy on a prescription pad. :P

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:33 pm

All the time - I journal in it, it works different muscles than typing does.

Eventually it will become as much a lost art as da Vinci's mirror writing, I suspect. Unless it's revived, like vinyl records.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

Ichinin wrote:
My handwriting is horrible, and i only write in cursive when i sign something. In other situations i text.

Prefer not to use a pen whenever possible.

Using a pen causes me to mark through and rewrite at least a quarter of what I attempt. I prefer to use a pencil or erasable ink.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 5:57 pm

“I know hell and damn and bi—“

—Bart Simpson

But to answer your question, I only use cursive for signatures

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 6:16 pm

My hand writing is chicken scratch and hand writing in general causes me pain in my hands from arthritis and a bone disorder I have. I prefer to type everything and if I need to copy a note down quick, I simply use my camera to take a picture of it.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 12:04 am

I write in cursive, I've found that over the years my handwriting has changed, when I was at school we were taught to print with a stroke in between to join the words, I changed my handwriting once I left school and made it more cursive so much nicer, i also did a caligraphy course at a neighbourhood house.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Feb 2018, 6:14 am

Noca wrote:
My hand writing is chicken scratch and hand writing in general causes me pain in my hands from arthritis and a bone disorder I have. I prefer to type everything and if I need to copy a note down quick, I simply use my camera to take a picture of it.
My hand hurts when I do a bit of writing too which is one of the many reasons skewl s#cked for me. It says on paperwork that I had the pencil grip of a left-handed person despite being right-handed. I think that's cuz I don't have the fine motor-skills to hold a pen/pencil correctly as well with the correct grip. I make my girlfriend fill out paperwork for me that has to written in & my parents did it for me before I moved in with her who complained about how I was being more dependent on them cuz I was too lazy to do it myself :( :x

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 6:31 pm

I write in cursive only when signing my signature - that's it!

I been told that my handwriting style is sometimes similar to an author signing copies of their books at book-signings - styles of writing that were written quickly.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 3:14 am

I learned cursive in Grade 3 and had entirely ceased to use it by Grade 4.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 10:27 am

People tell me I have nice writing and a nice signature. I don't think my writing is especially fancy for a female, but it is legible.