Purse stolen, mom angry, me -- sad

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2018, 4:17 pm

A purse has just been stolen from me. My mom's, actually, for she gives it to me when I need to do some shopping. There was her driving license. She actually doesn't drive for 10 years now, she vowed that she will never drive after a car accident. I asked her not to scold me but she was so outraged, frustrated and overwhelmed that she wanted me to feel bad too. Now I'm in my room, feeling a migraine that comes and goes, and it feels like a metronome or waves are shaking something in my head from side to side. My body doesn't feel right either. In this state, I can easily burst into tears, but I won't. I'm waiting until it's over. If I start talking to her now, it will exacerbate the bad feeling. And it's not a meltdown as I can do a tongue-twister.
OMG why such things happen to me so often?!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 4:29 pm

So shes mad at you because someone stole her purse from you?...that doesn't make a lot of sense.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2018, 4:55 pm

Because I had to mind the purse. I'm very inattentive but managed to protect myself from such things for years. I've been borrowing the purse for 6 years and this is the first such time. What upsets me most of all is not the stealth itself (it did when I realized what happened) or mom being angry with me, as I clearly see her point. But it upsets me that I asked her not to scold me and she would. She told me I'm 'stupid' and 'delayed' although I'm not and she knows it. If I was like she said, she wouldn't entrust me with her stuff.