Bisexuality makes sense, Homosexuality doesn't.

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0

Altruism and Social Cooperation in General is what Propagates
the continuing success of the species as science clearly shows.
And of course to assist that as far as basic survive and even thrive;
direct reproduction, otherwise known as the work of the night, in some 'primitive'
tribes, is not the only factor by far that counts as far as success of any Social Animal
Group; particularly, Homo Sapiens Sapiens whose social cooperation is so successful
that the byproducts of that 'Love' are ironically what's led to the extinction of many other
species of life as the Environment continues to rumble like a backed-up septic tank that
is ready to get out of balance and potentially overflow in many more ways of discord. Anyway, Human
now is rather complicated when it comes to motivation for having intercourse. Remember, as even the
Big Screen shows, there are Fifty Shades of Grey and many more. And although, Elton John has never
actually propagated directly; it's safe to say that his Artistic Efforts have inspired many more a one night
stand at Dance Halls and much more Hetero-sexual sex than that. But of course, that is just one 'small'
anecdotal note. There are Millions and Million more; obviously, for anyone who has actually lived around
and interacted with Homosexual folks at work and school and in the family too. My experience, with the
folks inclined toward this 'other sexual orientation' is they are the most altruistic Humans of all. Something
about 'not doing the reproductive competition thingy'; seems to make folks overall nicer in many ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Khn_z9FPmU

But don't take my word for it and it is nice to see that most folks already agree in this thread at the
'Wrong Planet' that helping 'the kin'; and yes, of course, for helping the entire human crowd there are
folks like Tesla and so many more through the science fields of history who have had more time
to apply focus to their contributions for the overall survival of the species without the additional
and often sleepless nights of tasks associated with raising children. It's like math; there are
only so many days and months in any human life to achieve the greatest potentials to help
the rest of the tribe.

If one knows any 'homophobes', including 'church folks'; i suggest, one send them a link to
the Ted Talk provided above that I am attaching from Medical Doctor, James O'Keefe, for those
who are more susceptible to believing authorities on Evolutionary Biology Topics and the such as that.

And if 'they' are just 'human', perhaps they
will listen to a Pop Singer who was inspired by
the kindness of his Gay Uncle who finally got the
legal right to marry his significant other. I'll add that one up top.
If a person is really 'Human', they will get it; if not that just goes to
show why Nature is 'kind' enough to include Homosexual folks in the
mix for true they are often
the
most
'Human'
of all as that applies
to acts of Altruism
other
wise
known and better
yet felt and sensed as the Art of Love.

Science provides the tools for Creature Comfort.
Love is the Art that Lives within that makes life worth living.
For me at least, it's Worthy of Thanks and Praise and Great Glory/Worship.
In fact, I call Love Literally God. One can't see it at essence of how it works,
Neuro-Hormonally and Neuro-Chemically, without some Science Tools, still;
but one can see, feel, and sense it, when it is real; if one is fully Human as 'normally' evolved;
Like most all Homosexuals, I have met in the worst possible environment for them to possibly
thrive in 'Trump County' USA, assessed by Sociologists as the worst place for folks who are different
to thrive. Factors sited are what was once the most Churches on record per square mile and the Military
influence of several installations in the area for it is true to kill humans one musts dampen the Natural
Humane aversion to doing this to another human; namely: empathy, sympathy and compassion; Traits
that any outcast
may learn the best
if they don't live and die
by 'the rifle' and the such as that
in Vengeance of Fear and Hate versus Victory of Hope
And Fearless Unconditional Living Flesh and Blood Love.

Historically speaking, a Science of Love and Lust and
stuff like that; and alternate Sexual Orientations and
Gender propensities has been a tough road for the traditional
Scientific Method to explore. True though, strides are being made
that may eventually make a Real Original Greek Definition of Apocalypse
that means lifting the veils of ignorance come truer. It's worth noting though
that there are still modern folks who believe the Earth is flat. But True in Light the more folks
who are touched by the Truths of Love, the better for what is at hand by Leadership now lost in Dark,
other
wise felt and
sensed as fear and hate
by those who have a heart; additionally
spirit and soul and all those metaphors
for what make altruistic human beings real.

As far as other case studies; 'that' Ellen Lady on TV
is probably one of the closest open examples of a Living
Flesh and Blood 'Angel' Thriving on Earth; if one can appreciate a living propensity like that.

There is a Dude who is actually famous in the Bar i Dance at that the Young Open minded Loving
College Folks name 'Mr. Fabulous' who is a Middle Age Cross Dancer Brave enough to do that in
the open in Trump Town USA where i live. That dude is actually one of the best examples
of an actual Christian by the Core Beatitude Teachings by the folks who worked together
across the Centuries to Bring that section of that Historical collection of Poetry and prose
to life. Jesus F in Christ, he is a living example of just that and me and my wife got a
selfie with him last night at the Target Store as many other folks love to do with him too;
who have a soul. I have no idea what his sexual orientation is but he is one of the most beautiful
hearts and spirits and souls i have ever met on this planet earth. And that F iN Makes the most feel to me.
In fact, today is my wife and me's 28th Anniversary; as i am gonna make that selfie my profile pic and if someone
de-friends me over that on Face Book ; just another badge of honor for me for being a real human being who's not afraid of Love.

Some cannot and do not. In fact, some folks are even born without the ability to do that.
True, some folks are born with little empathy to none at all; or bred that way too in neglect and abuse.
That doesn't make 'sense' to me, now. But in fact, it's real too. Some of these folks make great CEO's and Surgeons
and "Soldiers of Fortune", too. True, in Tribal Conflicts, there is a place for them too; and in the Emergency
Room and 'Building 666' on 'Fortune' Street too, political pun intended as such too; hehe. Bottom two lines:
Diversity works. If one wants same, join a 'robot club'; that really doesn't make sense; been there
and done it too; in an age of Another Ground Hog Day (Aghogday); specifically as just me.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 3:54 pm

aghogday wrote:

Altruism and Social Cooperation in General is what Propagates
the continuing success of the species as science clearly shows.
And of course to assist that as far as basic survive and even thrive;
direct reproduction, otherwise known as the work of the night, in some 'primitive'
tribes, is not the only factor by far that counts as far as success of any Social Animal
Group; particularly, Homo Sapiens Sapiens whose social cooperation is so successful
that the byproducts of that 'Love' are ironically what's led to the extinction of many other
species of life as the Environment continues to rumble like a backed-up septic tank that
is ready to get out of balance and potentially overflow in many more ways of discord. Anyway, Human
now is rather complicated when it comes to motivation for having intercourse. Remember, as even the
Big Screen shows, there are Fifty Shades of Grey and many more. And although, Elton John has never
actually propagated directly; it's safe to say that his Artistic Efforts have inspired many more a one night
stand at Dance Halls and much more Hetero-sexual sex than that. But of course, that is just one 'small'
anecdotal note. There are Millions and Million more; obviously, for anyone who has actually lived around
and interacted with Homosexual folks at work and school and in the family too. My experience, with the
folks inclined toward this 'other sexual orientation' is they are the most altruistic Humans of all. Something
about 'not doing the reproductive competition thingy'; seems to make folks overall nicer in many ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Khn_z9FPmU

But don't take my word for it and it is nice to see that most folks already agree in this thread at the
'Wrong Planet' that helping 'the kin'; and yes, of course, for helping the entire human crowd there are
folks like Tesla and so many more through the science fields of history who have had more time
to apply focus to their contributions for the overall survival of the species without the additional
and often sleepless nights of tasks associated with raising children. It's like math; there are
only so many days and months in any human life to achieve the greatest potentials to help
the rest of the tribe.

If one knows any 'homophobes', including 'church folks'; i suggest, one send them a link to
the Ted Talk provided above that I am attaching from Medical Doctor, James O'Keefe, for those
who are more susceptible to believing authorities on Evolutionary Biology Topics and the such as that.

And if 'they' are just 'human', perhaps they
will listen to a Pop Singer who was inspired by
the kindness of his Gay Uncle who finally got the
legal right to marry his significant other. I'll add that one up top.
If a person is really 'Human', they will get it; if not that just goes to
show why Nature is 'kind' enough to include Homosexual folks in the
mix for true they are often
the
most
'Human'
of all as that applies
to acts of Altruism
other
wise
known and better
yet felt and sensed as the Art of Love.

Science provides the tools for Creature Comfort.
Love is the Art that Lives within that makes life worth living.
For me at least, it's Worthy of Thanks and Praise and Great Glory/Worship.
In fact, I call Love Literally God. One can't see it at essence of how it works,
Neuro-Hormonally and Neuro-Chemically, without some Science Tools, still;
but one can see, feel, and sense it, when it is real; if one is fully Human as 'normally' evolved;
Like most all Homosexuals, I have met in the worst possible environment for them to possibly
thrive in 'Trump County' USA, assessed by Sociologists as the worst place for folks who are different
to thrive. Factors sited are what was once the most Churches on record per square mile and the Military
influence of several installations in the area for it is true to kill humans one musts dampen the Natural
Humane aversion to doing this to another human; namely: empathy, sympathy and compassion; Traits
that any outcast
may learn the best
if they don't live and die
by 'the rifle' and the such as that
in Vengeance of Fear and Hate versus Victory of Hope
And Fearless Unconditional Living Flesh and Blood Love.

Historically speaking, a Science of Love and Lust and
stuff like that; and alternate Sexual Orientations and
Gender propensities has been a tough road for the traditional
Scientific Method to explore. True though, strides are being made
that may eventually make a Real Original Greek Definition of Apocalypse
that means lifting the veils of ignorance come truer. It's worth noting though
that there are still modern folks who believe the Earth is flat. But True in Light the more folks
who are touched by the Truths of Love, the better for what is at hand by Leadership now lost in Dark,
other
wise felt and
sensed as fear and hate
by those who have a heart; additionally
spirit and soul and all those metaphors
for what make altruistic human beings real.

As far as other case studies; 'that' Ellen Lady on TV
is probably one of the closest open examples of a Living
Flesh and Blood 'Angel' Thriving on Earth; if one can appreciate a living propensity like that.

There is a Dude who is actually famous in the Bar i Dance at that the Young Open minded Loving
College Folks name 'Mr. Fabulous' who is a Middle Age Cross Dancer Brave enough to do that in
the open in Trump Town USA where i live. That dude is actually one of the best examples
of an actual Christian by the Core Beatitude Teachings by the folks who worked together
across the Centuries to Bring that section of that Historical collection of Poetry and prose
to life. Jesus F in Christ, he is a living example of just that and me and my wife got a
selfie with him last night at the Target Store as many other folks love to do with him too;
who have a soul. I have no idea what his sexual orientation is but he is one of the most beautiful
hearts and spirits and souls i have ever met on this planet earth. And that F iN Makes the most feel to me.
In fact, today is my wife and me's 28th Anniversary; as i am gonna make that selfie my profile pic and if someone
de-friends me over that on Face Book ; just another badge of honor for me for being a real human being who's not afraid of Love.

Some cannot and do not. In fact, some folks are even born without the ability to do that.
True, some folks are born with little empathy to none at all; or bred that way too in neglect and abuse.
That doesn't make 'sense' to me, now. But in fact, it's real too. Some of these folks make great CEO's and Surgeons
and "Soldiers of Fortune", too. True, in Tribal Conflicts, there is a place for them too; and in the Emergency
Room and 'Building 666' on 'Fortune' Street too, political pun intended as such too; hehe. Bottom two lines:
Diversity works. If one wants same, join a 'robot club'; that really doesn't make sense; been there
and done it too; in an age of Another Ground Hog Day (Aghogday); specifically as just me.

Don't get me wrong but... :mrgreen:
Not everyone wants to embrace right brain hemisphere tendencies...
My Left brain hemisphere prefers the idea of people following their own interests and embracing their intellectual freedoms...
And my left brain hemisphere is more comfortable with the concept of: To each their own...

I suspect you think that, because I have no interest in embracing universal love and mung-beans, I am not fulfilling my true "human" potential, but in a world where the number one rule is: There are no rules, I think you are viewing life through rose-tinted glasses to a large degree...

I have no trouble with people doing their own thing, but it concerns me that those who embrace "the system" defined by the evolutionary process are constrained by the human "result" with its limitations of comprehension, sensory perception, bio-chemical influences specifically designed to influence some in embracing a false reality with the express purpose of continuing the species...

If people wholeheartedly embrace the biocentric imperatives required in the preservation of the species, they are
limiting their intellectual horizons by necessity...
That is fine if that is one's primary life directive, but that is not the only valid mode of existence...

As some are homophobic, others are intellectual-phobic because of the emotional challenges that are presented to those who embrace right brain influences over left brain influences...

Personally, I think it absurd that being a rationalist is considered as not embracing wholistic humanity...
Has it been considered that perhaps not everything about humanity is something that should be embraced?

As homosexuality is part and parcel of this life system and has been seen to provide benefits socially, so to do left brain hemisphere oriented individuals provide intellectual benefits...

Down with the tyranny of right brain hemisphere mung bean eating emotion coddlers!
Power to left brain hemisphere freedom of thought intellectuals! :mrgreen:

Oh dear, off topic again...<sigh> 8O

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 4:06 pm

Nature isn't a conscious entity that makes decisions on what's "sensible." Little People don't necessarily "make sense" either, but they continue to be born.

Secondly, humans are the most socially complex primates on the planet, which means we have a myriad of social roles. A homosexual who creates a cure for cancer will have done more for the survival of the human species than some welfare recipient with ten kids.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:29 pm

Pepe wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Don't get me wrong but... :mrgreen:
Not everyone wants to embrace right brain hemisphere tendencies...
My Left brain hemisphere prefers the idea of people following their own interests and embracing their intellectual freedoms...
And my left brain hemisphere is more comfortable with the concept of: To each their own...

I suspect you think that, because I have no interest in embracing universal love and mung-beans, I am not fulfilling my true "human" potential, but in a world where the number one rule is: There are no rules, I think you are viewing life through rose-tinted glasses to a large degree...

I have no trouble with people doing their own thing, but it concerns me that those who embrace "the system" defined by the evolutionary process are constrained by the human "result" with its limitations of comprehension, sensory perception, bio-chemical influences specifically designed to influence some in embracing a false reality with the express purpose of continuing the species...

If people wholeheartedly embrace the biocentric imperatives required in the preservation of the species, they are
limiting their intellectual horizons by necessity...
That is fine if that is one's primary life directive, but that is not the only valid mode of existence...

As some are homophobic, others are intellectual-phobic because of the emotional challenges that are presented to those who embrace right brain influences over left brain influences...

Personally, I think it absurd that being a rationalist is considered as not embracing wholistic humanity...
Has it been considered that perhaps not everything about humanity is something that should be embraced?

As homosexuality is part and parcel of this life system and has been seen to provide benefits socially, so to do left brain hemisphere oriented individuals provide intellectual benefits...

Down with the tyranny of right brain hemisphere mung bean eating emotion coddlers!
Power to left brain hemisphere freedom of thought intellectuals! :mrgreen:

Oh dear, off topic again...<sigh> 8O

SMiLes; it's worth noting again (to me at least) that i graduated at the top of my class in high school; more specifically
number 11 out of 381 and through three college degrees and was often referred to as more of a computer
than a human being through work. It's
true; Spock
came
out of his
Shell in my case.
I'm not suggesting
what anyone else should
or should not do with their life, now.
That's everyone's else's business but mine.
i just enjoy writing wherever the Internet takes me.
And it's true, i do see the World through Rose Colored glasses;
'cause i can. And it's also true as i've noted before; i literally lost
effective use of my eyes and ears for nothing but intolerable to almost
intolerable pain for 66 months. I've seen/heard both places; i'll stick with Rose.
i only do
thorns;
when
i care to, too;
it's extremely hard for me
to feel pain; and that too
comes with my actual life experience..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:40 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
A person that has kids and also a homosexual sibling basically has backup parents who can step in if they're killed or die from disease. This is a huge advantage for a child having an aunt or uncle with no children of their own who can protect and raise them if their biological parents have died.

This is true but many tribal societies practice alloparenting regardless, and traits that make one less likely to reproduce are less likely to be passed on.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 5:37 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Nature isn't a conscious entity that makes decisions on what's "sensible." Little People don't necessarily "make sense" either, but they continue to be born.

Secondly, humans are the most socially complex primates on the planet, which means we have a myriad of social roles. A homosexual who creates a cure for cancer will have done more for the survival of the human species than some welfare recipient with ten kids.

Quote:
Little People don't necessarily "make sense" either, but they continue to be born.

It makes sense because petite women were always desirable, as like we see it today - if the same trait is advantageous for one sex but isn't for the other sex, it is then still partially advantageous and will continue to survive.

However, human populations are getting taller with every generation.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 6:12 am

In an over populated world, homosexuality makes perfect sense.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 12:22 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Quote:
Little People don't necessarily "make sense" either, but they continue to be born.

It makes sense because petite women were always desirable, as like we see it today - if the same trait is advantageous for one sex but isn't for the other sex, it is then still partially advantageous and will continue to survive.

However, human populations are getting taller with every generation.

No, I'm talking about Little People, aka "midgets."

Plenty of things in nature don't "make sense" because nature is not a conscious entity that makes decisions based on what's "sensible."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 12:25 pm

Skilpadde wrote:

In certain animals, asexual presents itself as such that an asexual creature will devote itself to helping raise and care for its sibling's offspring, thus ensuring that their genetic line continues.

Besides, what matters is the survival of the species, not individual genetic lineages.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 1:56 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

In certain animals, asexual presents itself as such that an asexual creature will devote itself to helping raise and care for its sibling's offspring, thus ensuring that their genetic line continues.

Besides, what matters is the survival of the species, not individual genetic lineages.

No. The individual linneages DO matter because THAT is how natural selection operates.

Your above example of the person who cures cancer is perfect example of how natural selection does NOT operate.
Your hypothetical person who finds a cure for cancer but who does not have kids. That person's achievement will save the lives of millions of strangers unrelated to the person who finds the cure. It will cause their unrelated DNA to survive. But will not cause that person who made the discovery's own DNA to continue. So whatever genes that contriubuted to the combination of talents that enabled them to make the discovery will not be helped to continue by that person's discovery. Therefore their discvery will do nothing to help keep the discoverer's traits in the population.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 22 Feb 2018, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I mean from evolutionary speaking perspective; strict homosexuality, if it's something entirely genetic, doesn't really make sense, it's counter-productive for procreating - even if we assume that homosexual people in the past did have children, but why would it be as an evolutionary advantageous trait that survived over eons of time if they are less likely to have children than others?

Bisexuality on the other hand, well, it may make the tribe tad happier, less conflicted perhaps, and doesn't limit procreation - and may be beneficial for offspring in times before cultural strict monogamy (as having 3 caregivers instead of 2, more expanded family units....etc).

Homosexuality does exist in primate species as "homosexual behavior" which means that it's a behavior that occasionally happens by the same individuals who would engage heterosexual behavior, yet there's no record on individuals who are strictly homosexual as like "I don't like guys at all" - or - or strictly heterosexual for that matter.

100% gay or 100% straight is something only seen in humans, so basically primates like chimps are bisexual who engage in heterosexual behavior most of the time, and homosexual behavior occasionally.

So what makes strict homosexuality an advantageous genetic variant? Or do humans have bisexual tendency by default, like the other primates, then each leans to one direction or another?

Who says that its an advantage? Who say it IS "selected for"? Its only five percent of the population.

Could be just a mutation, or an epigenetic thing that reappears every generation. Much like autism which also impedes reproduction.

Probably it does not get selected for so much as that it doesn't get weeded out by natural selection in humans any more because cultural norms in humans over ride pure animal instinct in reproduction.

In the last few thousand years gay men just follow social norms and get married to women and have kids despite being gay because of society. So the gene does get passed on. And I would wager the gay men get married and have more kids per capita than do heterosexual autistic men. Autism is a bigger handicap to reproduction than is lack of attraction to the opposite sex.

Autism, dwarfism....etc are extremely rare syndromes and mutations.

Homoesexuality, even at 5%, is quite way more common.

Homosexuality- 4 to 5 percent.
Autism - atleast 1.2 to 1.5 percent of the population.

Less, but the same order of magnitude of rareness as homosexuality.

And if you consider the fact that homosexuals actually DO usually have kids, and that autistics usually don't have kids- you would expect a hypothetical gene for homosexuality to be passed on more often then any hypothetical gene for autism- right there that explains why autistics are the slightly more rare minority than are gays. Ergo like autism its just a common mutation, but unlike autism homosexuality is less often weeded out each generation by natural selection.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 5:30 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

But as you implied, it is an instinctual, not a conscious behavioural pattern...
We animals, the human ones included, are often simply at the whim of life's...err...whimsy... :mrgreen:
Many of us seem not to be aware of this free for all to see inert fact of life...

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 9:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

No. The individual linneages DO matter because THAT is how natural selection operates.

Your above example of the person who cures cancer is perfect example of how natural selection does NOT operate.
Your hypothetical person who finds a cure for cancer but who does not have kids. That person's achievement will save the lives of millions of strangers unrelated to the person who finds the cure. It will cause their unrelated DNA to survive. But will not cause that person who made the discovery's own DNA to continue. So whatever genes that contriubuted to the combination of talents that enabled them to make the discovery will not be helped to continue by that person's discovery. Therefore their discvery will do nothing to help keep the discoverer's traits in the population.

No. The survival of the species will always take precedent over individual genetic lines.

I don't expect that people who have a silly black/white version of evolution in their minds will ever be persuaded. A person who has discovered the cure for cancer will forever have contributed to the survival of the species much more than some random idiot who has a billion kids.

Most of you are still obsessed with individual genetic lines.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 9:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

But as you implied, it is an instinctual, not a conscious behavioural pattern...
We animals, the human ones included, are often simply at the whim of life's...err...whimsy... :mrgreen:
Many of us seem not to be aware of this free for all to see inert fact of life...

All I know is that I don't experience sexual attraction.

Whatever that amounts to, I accept it.

I just appreciate nature for the wild ride it is.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 10:19 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

No. The survival of the species will always take precedent over individual genetic lines.

I don't expect that people who have a silly black/white version of evolution in their minds will ever be persuaded. A person who has discovered the cure for cancer will forever have contributed to the survival of the species much more than some random idiot who has a billion kids.

Most of you are still obsessed with individual genetic lines.

Obsessed because we all understand the basics that natural selection operates on hereditary linneages, and not by awarding Nobel prizes for saving the whole species.

{person who has discovered the cure for cancer will forever have contributed to the survival of the species much
more}

That may be true. But so what? It doesn't have a thing to do with what we are talking about. We are talking about evolution.

Your childless lesbian scientist maybe more worthy of esteem and honor than a trailor trash ex con who knocks up lots of girls. But we are not talking about who gets the Nobel Prize from a committee of humans who have human values. We are talking about how dumb mindless natural selection works.

Lets do a thought experiment. Your childless lesbian scientist finds a cure for cancer. This causes millions of folks of later generations to live longer. But how does that cause this lesbian scientist's own DNA to persist in the species (including presumably the genes for lesbianism)? How does her achievement cause her trait of lesbianism to persist and or spread in the species? That's what you need to explain to us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Feb 2018, 3:08 am

With this logic, worker ants and bees should be impossible. Yet they do exist.

Hint: you are not the sole carrier of your DNA. You have relatives. Improving their chances of survival improves the chances of survival of your genes. And humans have evolved in tribes.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>