Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2018, 10:30 pm

I had a seizure at judo class the other day (been training for 10 years) it was the warmup exercise pushups crunches etc nothing to do with martial arts. I’ve had seizures for about 10 years but this one was different I had a really bad headache and didn’t fall down or black out. I was confused for a while and people were stressing me out trying to send me to the er so on and so forth. Going to the gym, hot showers, being in large crowds seem to give me a sensory overload and cause a seizure.

Anybody else have epilepsy that is triggered from sensory overloads? Neurologists aren’t really trained in autism or at least mine isn’t and he doesn’t help much.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 4:24 am

c0r wrote:
I had a seizure at judo class the other day (been training for 10 years) it was the warmup exercise pushups crunches etc nothing to do with martial arts. I’ve had seizures for about 10 years but this one was different I had a really bad headache and didn’t fall down or black out. I was confused for a while and people were stressing me out trying to send me to the er so on and so forth. Going to the gym, hot showers, being in large crowds seem to give me a sensory overload and cause a seizure.

Anybody else have epilepsy that is triggered from sensory overloads? Neurologists aren’t really trained in autism or at least mine isn’t and he doesn’t help much.

People on the spectrum who have seizures are prone to being triggered by sensory overload.

DHolden5884
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2018, 6:15 pm

I was having seizures every PE lesson during school, it came to a point where the PE teacher didn't want me to take PE lessons at all. My medication I take keeps it under controlled a lot better these days, but lack of sleep plus an overload of stress, frustration or anxiety causes them to occur from time to time