My girlfriend talks about settling down... what do I do?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

iloveyoubabe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2018, 7:29 am

My Colombian girlfriend has been hinting that she wants to settle down and get married soon. She started talking about having kids and how many. Despite all that sounding great, I do believe that we’re not ready for it. It has only been 7 months since we met through LoveMe site and despite things going well and serious between us, I still think we’re not in a stage where we should be talking about marriage.

We’ve already met and it has only been twice since we’ve been together face to face and although I agree that the distance is really troublesome, I want us to progress in a healthy time and way. I don’t want to hurt her when I talk
to her about the fact that I get a bit uncomfortable when she talks about “starting a family.” Even though we are both financially stable and I know that we can afford to do all that… I just don’t feel that it’s the right time.

It’s not like I’m saying that I won’t be marrying her nor do I have no intentions to… it’s just that, it’s not the time for me yet. So how can I tell her without hurting her feelings? I don’t want to lose her and I don’t want this to be a reason for trouble between us, especially with this distance… what should I do? I need HELP!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Feb 2018, 9:27 am

I think you should tell her exactly what you just wrote. That even though you may want to get married one day and you have no intentions at all to break up this relationship, having known each other for 7 months and only met twice seems like too little to be able to determine if settling down is the right thing to do right now, you're just not ready for that yet. Seems very understandable to me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:19 am

It’s a trap.

Activate the warp speed.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:59 am

If you have sex make sure you supply and use condoms. You don’t want an “accidental “ pregnancy.