Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2018, 10:08 am

It was the last time i socialized with anyone or even made friends. I was in the dorms of some nice county jail for two weeks a year and a half ago. People in the dorms knew I was autistic and sometimes dorks would try to pick on me but my friends would stand up for me.

For me it was the easiest place in the world for me to make friends because everybody is forced to socialize with each other. That's really the best way to past the time and I actually found I liked being able to talk to people with the filter off, even if they were meth heads.

I stayed away from the killers and rapists.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:57 am

Were you in minimum security?

Because in Max, no autistic person would like it. Too much friggin' noise!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:04 am

I don't think I'd fair well in jail , maybe solitary :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:09 am

You get even more crappier food in solitary than in general population.

Jail/prison is just not a place you want to be.

I guess it could be nice if you meet friends and play cards or whatever---but there's still always the threat of some schmuck deciding to shake you up a bit.

Nira
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2018, 12:47 pm

I have in my family someone who was in jail in some other country for half year. He told that they played videogames there together, one big lanparty. :D He stayed away from the killers and rapists too. It probably depends what kind of jail is it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 1:06 pm

Usually, the jails in the United States are not very nice----but they are somewhat better than in places like Thailand. But probably not as "nice" as they are in western Europe.

c0r

21 Feb 2018, 1:17 pm

I was just in jail not a min security prison. Lol. It wasn’t in Cook county where jail is really rough. It was in some rich place near Chicago though. Nobody had weapons you kept your head down and you’re fine. Everyone knew I was autistic and I never got into fist fights even if I was targeted several times. Anyways yeah the generic food sucks but if you have money you can buy Doritos Cheetos cinnabun etc. if you got money you can amazon books which is a HELL of a lot of fun and also a good way to start conversations. I had a discussion with some biker derelicts about Edgar Allen Poe.

Learned a LOT OF STREET SMARTS this is so important to someone who is autistic like me because I have 0 street smarts.

Mentally it felt like a break because my life outside of jail was really at a low point and all I had to do was worry about not getting hurt or getting in trouble. My brain stopped worrying about all the menial crap on the outside.

Sounds like a resort sometimes but rich liberal places generally have nicer jails. Ive been to jail in southern Indiana before and it was WAY worse.

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2018, 1:22 pm

I used to work overlooking a prison. You could see into their cells, see them watching TV etc. I did often wonder which of us was the prisoner...