Page 3 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 12:29 pm

pluto wrote:
I accept what regulated means but it doesn't mean 'well equipped' in the sense of individuals having assault rifles that
can kill hundreds of people in a matter of minutes.

You are correct, it doesn't mean "having assault rifles...." But, it does mean having the lawful ability to buy, own and use the firearm of your choice including, if you choose to do so, buying, owning and using a semiautomatic rifle (the actual name of a so-called "assault rifle").

Now, let us review what a semi-automatic rifle ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_rifle ) is. It was invented in 1885 (133 years ago; nothing new to see here), and fires exactly one round for one trigger pull. Yes, it reloads itself after firing that one round (thus, the name semi-automatic), but it WILL NOT fire that second round until the trigger is pulled a second time. A Henry "repeating" rifle ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_rifle ) was invented in 1860 (158 years ago), and performs the same function when the shooter uses the manual lever-action (think old western movies).

But, an automatic or "machine gun" firearm (rifle or pistol) can fire multiple rounds if the trigger is pulled and held depressed for as long as there are rounds to be fired. So, an automatic firearm is, by U.S. definition, a "indiscriminate" firearm, not the "discriminate" firearms described above.

Indiscriminate firearms are generally restricted (but not necessarily prohibited) to certain individuals who meet or exceed certain additional federal laws, because they are indiscriminate in their use. Discriminate firearms, however, are available to any individual who meets or exceeds the federal and state laws to buy, own and use them.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 5:41 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Discriminate firearms, however, are available to any individual who meets or exceeds the federal and state laws to buy, own and use them.

And the loop hole, the bump stop, is in the processes of being outlawed...
Quote:
President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he signed a memorandum directing Attorney General Jeff Sessions to propose regulations that would ban some gun accessories, including so-called “bump stocks,” which dramatically increase semi-automatic weapons’ potential rate of fire. “I expect that these critical regulations will be finalized very soon,” said Trump.

http://time.com/4970720/trump-bump-stocks-ban/

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 8:49 am

Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Discriminate firearms, however, are available to any individual who meets or exceeds the federal and state laws to buy, own and use them.

Quote:
President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he signed a memorandum directing Attorney General Jeff Sessions to propose regulations that would ban some gun accessories, including so-called “bump stocks,” which dramatically increase semi-automatic weapons’ potential rate of fire. “I expect that these critical regulations will be finalized very soon,” said Trump.

Yes, it is. And, even the National Rifle Association agrees.

National Rifle Association of America [October 5, 2017] wrote:
NRA's Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox Issue Joint Statement

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

And, such devices develop frequently through creative minds of individuals who know more about their hobbies than they do about the U.S. National Firearms Act of 1934 which prohibits any alterations to a legal firearm. Blame ego and stupidity, not the inability of laws to catch up with every new illegal widget.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:32 pm

Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

First the atf can’t ban bump stocks legally without congress first passing a law that changes the difinition of a machine gun. Currently is more then one round fired pernpull of the trigger. Bump firing is still pulling the trigger each round fired. You can bump fire a simi auto with nothing more then your finger. Will they mandate everyone’s fingers be registered?

We are lucky he used a bump stock accurate fire would been worse he could inflicted more losses then he did.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:39 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

Yes, it is. And, even the National Rifle Association agrees.

National Rifle Association of America [October 5, 2017] wrote:
NRA's Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox Issue Joint Statement

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

And, such devices develop frequently through creative minds of individuals who know more about their hobbies than they do about the U.S. National Firearms Act of 1934 which prohibits any alterations to a legal firearm. Blame ego and stupidity, not the inability of laws to catch up with every new illegal widget.

This a is attempt to sneaky ban simi autos illegally. What’s a rate increasing device? What’s the standard rate of fire of a simi auto gun? Gotta set that first to determine if the rate is increased. Are forgrips, magazine, collapsing stocks, pistol grips, after market triggers rate increasing devices? How about the fact some people can fire faster then others? Or you can bumpfife any simi auto gun including handguns with just your finger?
So a ban on simi auto guns is the only way to solve this but then what about rapid firing level action and bolt guns so gotta ban them too. What’s the standard rate of fire of a break barrel single shot rifle?
I can dump a rifle or handgun mag in seconds it’s not accurate but it’s increased its rate of fire. Only way would be to take a full auto version and test its maximum rate of fire as some people can match it or faster with just their finger. There’s one famous guy who can fire any gun really fast I think he beat a full auto ak47 with a simi auto ak.
So no this illegal attempt by the atf is horrible and will open the door to banning anything hey want as rate of fire increasing.

Will anyone firIng more then one round a min at a range be guilty of a felony?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:41 pm

sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

First the atf can’t ban bump stocks legally without congress first passing a law that changes the difinition of a machine gun. Currently is more then one round fired pernpull of the trigger. Bump firing is still pulling the trigger each round fired. You can bump fire a simi auto with nothing more then your finger. Will they mandate everyone’s fingers be registered?

We are lucky he used a bump stock accurate fire would been worse he could inflicted more losses then he did.

I don't cheerlead for such devices. And, most firearm owners feel the same way. No, there are better ways to prove one's self than use cheap devices to "improve" one's result.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:46 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

I don't cheerlead for such devices. And, most firearm owners feel the same way. No, there are better ways to prove one's self than use cheap devices to "improve" one's result.

Prove one self? What does that have to do with anything? It’s s novety device for fun. I can bump fire any simi auto with out so it’s a waste of mine in my view but it’s not illegal it doesn’t make a gun fire more then one round per trigger pull so according to the law it’s not a machine gun and doesn’t turn a gun into a machine gun. Nothing atf can legally do without congress changing the law.

Most pro 2A gun owners don’t support this illegal attempt to ban simi auto guns.

Some people can fire a gun so fast the bolt overruns the hammer causing a failure

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:54 pm

sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

Prove one self? What does that have to do with anything? It’s s novety device for fun. I can bump fire any simi auto with out so it’s a waste of mine in my view but it’s not illegal it doesn’t make a gun fire more then one round per trigger pull so according to the law it’s not a machine gun and doesn’t turn a gun into a machine gun. Nothing atf can legally do without congress changing the law.

Most pro 2A gun owners don’t support this illegal attempt to ban simi auto guns.

Some people can fire a gun so fast the bolt overruns the hammer causing a failure

I think what AspieUtah means are those guys who need to have guns with as much fire power as possible in order to compensate for their micro-penises.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:55 pm

sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

Well, maybe it is just what I learned here in Utah, but there is a courtesy extending to others regarding firearms and shooting sports. One doesn't take aim at another's deer, fire a round in the air for fun, or use devices which are clearly unfair if not illegal. Now, even in Utah, there are those who cheat natural laws and social conventions, but I don't. Besides, I am so underweight right now, a bump-stock would likely propel me backward into the next building if I tried using it. :lol:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

I think what AspieUtah means are those guys who need to have guns with as much fire power as possible in order to compensate for their micro-penises.

Indeed. And, I have memories of the same guy proving my point.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:20 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

Indeed. And, I have memories of the same guy proving my point.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

That’s not true. It’s fun to shoot full auto nothing more nothing less.
If I was richer and could afford to waste fully shoot thousands of rounds in few minutes I’d own some. I’d espc love to get some ww2 guns like the stg44

And ar15 isn’t that much firepower but I bet you just think I’m compensating for a small penis with my guns :roll:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:27 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

Well, maybe it is just what I learned here in Utah, but there is a courtesy extending to others regarding firearms and shooting sports. One doesn't take aim at another's deer, fire a round in the air for fun, or use devices which are clearly unfair if not illegal. Now, even in Utah, there are those who cheat natural laws and social conventions, but I don't. Besides, I am so underweight right now, a bump-stock would likely propel me backward into the next building if I tried using it. :lol:

This may surprise you but many gun owners don’t hunt. Target shooting or just recreational shooting are big.
Again how’s it unfsir? You can do the same thing with any simi auto gun and your finger.
No it wouldn’t full auto guns don’t either. They push up not back especially ones using intermediate round or pistol rounds.

You’re not really a gun guy are you

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

This may surprise you but many gun owners don’t hunt. Target shooting or just recreational shooting are big.
Again how’s it unfsir? You can do the same thing with any simi auto gun and your finger.
No it wouldn’t full auto guns don’t either. They push up not back especially ones using intermediate round or pistol rounds.

You’re not really a gun guy are you

The only thing I have ever done with my firearms is shoot Monsieur Papier-cibel (paper target). I don't hunt simply because I don't want to walk or stand for long in cold weather. And, as a single man, a whole deer would simply go to waste too quickly.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 4:40 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

If I was richer and could afford to waste fully shoot thousands of rounds in few minutes I’d own some. I’d espc love to get some ww2 guns like the stg44

And ar15 isn’t that much firepower but I bet you just think I’m compensating for a small penis with my guns :roll:

I'm not talking about guys like you who enjoy target practice. Hell, I've fired guns on a range in my time, and it was damn fun. I'm talking about the ammosexuals and gun fetishists whose very manhood solely depends on having a firearm - - or a hundred - - and who could care less about the feelings of people who have lost loved ones to armed maniacs (who probably also have micro-penises).

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 5:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Quote:

I'm not talking about guys like you who enjoy target practice. Hell, I've fired guns on a range in my time, and it was damn fun. I'm talking about the ammosexuals and gun fetishists whose very manhood solely depends on having a firearm - - or a hundred - - and who could care less about the feelings of people who have lost loved ones to armed maniacs (who probably also have micro-penises).

Micro penis is rare condition.
If I won the lottery tomorrow I’d probably have hundreds of guns in year or two after.
I don’t support any gun control.