Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2018, 11:45 pm

History is what I would term a Subjective Science. Now, many Philosophical Materialists would freak out when I say that. How can a Science be subjective? After all, Science, by its very definition is objective. Right? Well, not exactly. But hear me out.

History is about the only Science, with the exception of Archaeology itself, that people, being people, cannot help but have Nationalist prejudices and Religious superstitions about. No matter how objective and logical and rational one can possibly be, one's version of it shall always be twisted and distorted by one's Nationalist Prejudices and Religious Superstitions. Now, why is that? Why should that be?

Well, every bit as basic and fundamental, a problem in history, is precisely that most of the records thereof no longer exist anymore, and most that do are not even written in the English language. Those, like me, who only know English, have somewhat of a problem in this regard. I have to rely on English translations of everything.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 12:24 am

The good historian seeks to be as objective as possible.

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2018, 12:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The good historian seeks to be as objective as possible.

Of course, but one can never be perfectly objective about history. You see, and therein lies the problem. One of my favorite books was The Ten Commandments of Propaganda, which stated that most of what passes as history is merely the propaganda of one side or the other. I wonder if you have ever read that book?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 2:47 am

I in fact have a BA in history, and I can tell you, history IS NOT a science. It is it's own discipline.

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2018, 2:54 am

Christians and Jews and Muslims each worship one God. But, is it the same God? For that matter, are any the same as the Creator?

As strange as it may sound, I would advance the argument, if I may be permitted to do so, that the three faiths each worship a separate God. And, that none of the three Gods is the same as the Creator of The Cosmos. Besides, if there were any Lost Civilizations, that existed before 4004 B.C., when all three faiths agree the Earth itself was made, then all three of those Abraham Religions would endeavor to cover it up.