Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 6:47 am

BE WARNED THERE MAYBE SPOILERS AHEAD

With all the things said about Black Panther it sounds like everyone is saying it's the best MCU. It even got 97% on Rotten Tomatoes which makes it the highest rated MCU movie. After seeing it I'm not entirely sure. Am I saying I didn't like the movie. No on the contrary I thought it was a pretty cool movie, definitely a little different than a lot of the other Marvel movies. I like the people, it had a good story, Wakanda looks great, personally I think it's as solid as any other Marvel movie. But I will admit I probably didn't enjoy it as much as some of the other Marvel movies. My top 3 for me are The Avengers and both Captain America sequels. I also think I may prefer Thor: Ragnarok more but I do tend to change my mind a lot so I dunno. My only problems with Black Panther which are only really nitpicks are that the action scenes are kinda standard particularly the climax though they did have they're moments like Shuri using those glove thingys and there was too much noticeable cgi particularly in the final battle between Killmonger and T'Challa, not to mention that cg Rhino and that car chase. I think back to that car chase from Captain America: Civil War and Black Panther's hand to hand combat with Bucky and they were so much better. The only action scenes I thought were cool was when T'Challa was fighting that Man Ape guy and later on when he fought Killmonger for the throne. To be fair the film was at its best when there probably not some action scenes. Those are some of the reasons I probably don't think it's the best but I still liked it. I mean it probably wouldn't be on my top 10 Superhero Movies list. Heck I can probably think of a few X-Men Movies I may like more and I'm not just talking about Deadpool and Logan. Still I did like it. Maybe I may like it more in the future but we'll see.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:53 am

Well you said spoilers so I did not read your whole post.

But I have been hearing a bit about this movie, and saw a preview on facebook that looked pretty good so I probably will watch it. From what I hear a lot of people think its really good so seems like it would be worth seeing. Also though it is interesting like I've never been all that into superheroes but I've been aware of them...I just can't ever recall hearing about Black Panther, so maybe part of what seems interesting is this is one I have never really heard of...so its not as familier as like spiderman, batman or superman. Either way from what I have seen about it, it seems like it would be a good movie.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 1:31 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well you said spoilers so I did not read your whole post.

But I have been hearing a bit about this movie, and saw a preview on facebook that looked pretty good so I probably will watch it. From what I hear a lot of people think its really good so seems like it would be worth seeing. Also though it is interesting like I've never been all that into superheroes but I've been aware of them...I just can't ever recall hearing about Black Panther, so maybe part of what seems interesting is this is one I have never really heard of...so its not as familier as like spiderman, batman or superman. Either way from what I have seen about it, it seems like it would be a good movie.

I grew up with superheroes, and I've always known about Black Panther. Thing is, though, he had always been a rather minor Marvel hero, as compared to Spiderman, the Hulk, or the Fantastic Four. I like that they're giving the King of Wakanda equal standing with the other heroes.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2018, 1:10 pm

All I know is that I really enjoyed this movie, and it's one of the best Marvel movies I've seen. My top Marvel movies are the Captain America movies, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and Thor, Ragnarock.