Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 10:01 am

What channels and shows do you guys remember watching growing up? I remember watching shows on Nickelodeon, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network when I was a child.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 22, 2018)

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2018, 10:30 am

Shows I watched as a little kid included The Wiggles, The Backyardigans, and Dora the Explorer.

After that, I moved to SpongeBob Squarepants, Fairy Odd Parents, and Jimmy Neutron. I also really liked The Penguins of Madagascar for a while.

Around that same time, I got into some older shows that my brother introduced to me. These were Angry Beavers, Duck Dodgers, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends; the latter is one of the greatest cartoons ever made in my opinion.

In addition, whenever I was at my grandma's house, I would watch Tom & Jerry and old Looney Toons. I also started liking The Looney Toons Show because of the latter.

After I grew out of all those, I became a fan of Regular Show, which is my favorite show of all time. That said, I did stop following it at one point and never saw the finale, but I greatly enjoyed the time I spent with it.

Throughout all those years, I also watched Survivor and The Amazing Race with my parents, but that ended once I stopped watching TV in favor of YouTube, which is also why I stopped watching Regular Show.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 10:32 am

coalminer wrote:
Shows I watched as a little kid included The Wiggles, The Backyardigans, and Dora the Explorer.

After that, I moved to SpongeBob Squarepants, Fairy Odd Parents, and Jimmy Neutron. I also really liked The Penguins of Madagascar for a while.

Around that same time, I got into some older shows that my brother introduced to me. These were Angry Beavers, Duck Dodgers, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends; the latter is one of the greatest cartoons ever made in my opinion.

In addition, whenever I was at my grandma's house, I would watch Tom & Jerry and old Looney Toons. I also started liking The Looney Toons Show because of the latter.

After I grew out of all those, I became a fan of Regular Show, which is my favorite show of all time. That said, I did stop following it at one point and never saw the finale, but I greatly enjoyed the time I spent with it.

Throughout all those years, I also watched Survivor and The Amazing Race with my parents, but that ended once I stopped watching TV in favor of YouTube, which is also why I stopped watching Regular Show.

I watched almost all of the shows you mentioned, with the exception of Survivor and The Amazing Race. How interesting! :P

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:34 am

In China, I watched a show whose name is usually translated as Blue Cat, which, apparently, has little science lessons.
And this children’s version of a traditional epic called Journey to the West.
I also watched various Japanese cartoons, but they were dubbed in Chinese.
Doraemon
I also liked Tom and Jerry.

After moving to America, I watched shows on Nickolodean, like SpongeBob, Fairly Odd Parents, and Drake and Josh.

Then I lost interest in the TV started to watch X-Files online.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2018, 2:53 pm

Crap, I can't believe I forgot about Drake & Josh!

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:17 pm

I watched nearly everything cartoon but my favorite was Shaman King.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 8:01 pm

Cartoons: Transformers, G. I. Joe, Thundarr The Barbarian, He-Man, Voltron, and M.A.S.K.

Random sitcoms: Night Court, Cheers, Taxi

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 1:26 am

I watched a whole lot of Looney Tunes, and Hannah-Barbera cartoons, as well as the old Super Friends-Justice League cartoons, which all used to be aired on saturday mornings.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 1:39 am

in my era, it was "Tennessee Tuxedo," "Tooter Turtle" [part of "King Leonardo's Short Subjects"], "The Lawrence Welk Show" with my parents, same for The Wonderful World of Disney" and such. later on, I watched "In Search Of..." and "Soap" and "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" which I thought was pretty warped.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 1:51 am

looney tunes and their reboots. lots of spongebob and FOP.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2018, 6:10 pm

I could list a lot of shows...my preschool/early elementary days were a lot of PBS. Arthur, Between the Lions, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Cyberchase, Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman, Jay Jet the Jet Plane, The Magic Schoool Bus, Martha Speaks, Mister Roger's Neighborhood, Reading Rainbow, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, Sesame Street (of course)...

The first cartoon I really got attached to was probably Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I cried after watching the very last episode.

I didn't see much anime until late elementary school, but the anime/clearly anime-inspired cartoons I saw were shaping me into the anime loser I am today: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Code Lyoko, Deltora Quest, Pokemon, and Superbook (a Christian anime I saw at school...I couldn't figure out what was different about it from other cartoons for the longest time, but I knew I liked it!).

I stayed loyal to Disney Channel and their sitcoms for a long time...a lot longer than most kids probably did. It was only when shows like Jessie and Austin and Ally disappeared and were replaced by stuff like Liv and Maddie and Bunk'd or whatever I completely lost interest in the channel. (Though I do like what I've seen of Andi Mack.)

apus apus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2018, 6:17 pm

"Bugs Bunny", "Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner", "Tom and Jerry", "Nu, pogodi!" and "Thomas the Tank Engine". I like watching all of these till this day.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:19 pm

^^^hiya Apus Apus :) welcome to WP 8)

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:26 pm

I used to love fairly odd parents, I even held a couple of fan theories/ head cannons about the show. Also I would watch Atomic Betty, Kim Possible, Being Ian, Elliot Kid, Jacob Two-two, Arthur, Time warp trio, Phineas and Ferb, Mona the vampire, 64 zoo lane, Clifford the big red dog, Teenage mutant ninja turtles, Young Dracula, Wolfblood... and I'm sure many more. :lol:

Plus I also remember Bob the builder, oh and of course Postman Pat (with his black and white cat). :D

Dammit now I want to make a top 10 list.

I remember finding "Bill and Ben the flower pot men" to be unsettling. 8O Perhaps I should make two lists, one for the shows I liked the most, then another for the ones I disliked.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:29 pm

Nekomonster wrote:
I could list a lot of shows...my preschool/early elementary days were a lot of PBS. Arthur, Between the Lions, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Cyberchase, Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman, Jay Jet the Jet Plane, The Magic Schoool Bus, Martha Speaks, Mister Roger's Neighborhood, Reading Rainbow, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, Sesame Street (of course)...

The first cartoon I really got attached to was probably Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I cried after watching the very last episode.

I didn't see much anime until late elementary school, but the anime/clearly anime-inspired cartoons I saw were shaping me into the anime loser I am today: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Code Lyoko, Deltora Quest, Pokemon, and Superbook (a Christian anime I saw at school...I couldn't figure out what was different about it from other cartoons for the longest time, but I knew I liked it!).

I stayed loyal to Disney Channel and their sitcoms for a long time...a lot longer than most kids probably did. It was only when shows like Jessie and Austin and Ally disappeared and were replaced by stuff like Liv and Maddie and Bunk'd or whatever I completely lost interest in the channel. (Though I do like what I've seen of Andi Mack.)

Most of what I watched were the PBS shows you listed. My family didn't have cable, so that limited my TV-watching options. Wishbone is another one I remember watching, and Dragon Tales. I loved Pokemon (I still love Pokemon, actually, although nowadays I don't watch the show much, I mostly just play the games). We got tapes of Blue's Clues, Scooby Doo, and The Powerpuff Girls from relatives who did have cable, which I also watched a lot.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:50 pm

Wacky Races, Korg 70,000 BC, Barney Miller, the Odd Couple, Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In, Speed Buggy, Hong Kong Fuey, Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon.