Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 1:25 pm

f*****g cars I f*****g hate them, everywhere you go there's cars, cars, cars and a billion more f*****g cars. Because of the f*****g things it's made the buses late that I need to get to work, and now I'm 25 minutes late for my new job thanks to f*****g car drivers. Thank you f*****g car drivers!! !! I know they will understand why I'm late at work but that's not the point. I gave myself nearly an HOUR to get to my job, which is only supposed to be a 15-minute bus journey, so I gave myself ENOUGH time to avoid this, and instead I've been waiting all that time for the bus - which should turn up every 20 minutes. It's not good enough, something needs to be done about this traffic. The cost to run a car is expensive in stupid Britain but yet EVERYONE and their brother owns one and are always on the road all the time. Who are all these people everywhere? Where have they come from???

I'm so f*****g pissed off right now. :x

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 2:40 pm

Yeah....I know what you mean.

It's "rush hour." That is the problem. What time do you have to be at work? Are you able to text your boss saying you're stuck in traffic? Could you make up the time which you were late?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:55 am

I start work dead on rush hour at the end of the afternoon. I would walk, but it's quite a long walk and I don't really know the way yet, also I feel vulnerable walking alone when it's getting dark. It's OK coming home because my boyfriend picks me up on his way home from work. I would get a taxi, but they're so expensive, even for a short journey.

I ended up being an hour late to work because of the stress of the buses turning up late I got off at the wrong stop and didn't recognise where I was. I had to phone my boyfriend to come and help, and oh was he FURIOUS. He was swearing and shouting, making me upset. He was like that because he was worried I would get fired for being this late on my first week and so he was in a panic.

Before I got the job he did show me where to go and where to get off the bus, but it's so confusing, especially in the dark. The street the bus garage is along is so dark (not very well-lit). I did ask the driver, but he was deaf as a post and so I had to shout clearly, and on those buses the driver is in a booth thing so you have to talk through glass. By the way the buses I get to work aren't the same buses I clean as it's a different company.

It's even hard to find landmarks along this road, as everything looks exactly the same. The road before looks the same too. I have looked it up on Google maps, hoping I will memorize the right stop where to get off. I am worried about relying on buses again. If the city didn't have a high crime rate I would walk.

Once again I hate cars. If it wasn't for traffic, the buses would just turn up on time.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:12 am

“You can start by wiping that f*****g dumb-ass smile off your rosey, f*****g, cheeks! Then you can give me a f*****g automobile... a f*****g Datsun, a f*****g Toyota, a f*****g Mustang, a f*****g Buick! Four f*****g wheels and a seat! And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of f*****g nowhere with f*****g keys to a f*****g car that isn't f*****g there. And I really didn't care to f*****g walk down a f*****g highway and across a f*****g runway to get back here to have you smile at my f*****g face. I want a f*****g car right f*****g now.”

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:28 am

But without those cars the busses would always be full, right? Without those cars some busses might just pass the stop you're waiting at because they're already too full. That happens sometimes and those are times I really wish I'd have a car of my own and could drive...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 7:39 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
“You can start by wiping that f*****g dumb-ass smile off your rosey, f*****g, cheeks! Then you can give me a f*****g automobile... a f*****g Datsun, a f*****g Toyota, a f*****g Mustang, a f*****g Buick! Four f*****g wheels and a seat! And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of f*****g nowhere with f*****g keys to a f*****g car that isn't f*****g there. And I really didn't care to f*****g walk down a f*****g highway and across a f*****g runway to get back here to have you smile at my f*****g face. I want a f*****g car right f*****g now.”

What the hell are you talking about? :?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 8:16 pm

Joe90 wrote:

I'm so f*****g pissed off right now. :x

You need to find a way to look at it a different way because it's situation that is only going to get worse I'm afraid.

Have you thought about cycling or is work too far?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:17 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
But without those cars the busses would always be full, right? Without those cars some busses might just pass the stop you're waiting at because they're already too full. That happens sometimes and those are times I really wish I'd have a car of my own and could drive...

If everyone had to use public transport they’d buy and run more buses. Probably set up a subway or tram system. They’d profits would rise making it possible and they’d get more government grants and funding.
Buses here just keep packing the bus all the way to the station, only time they pass a stop is if they do late they playing leap frog with the bus behind them so they skip each other stop and the bus behind them takes it then skips the next one. Worse is when bus breaks down. Had a bus shut off as we were driving on the road. Was scary

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm

Usually, British public transport is better than American public transport.

Roads in the UK, though (except for either A or M roads) are generally quite narrow. This leads to many severe traffic jams.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:01 am

Joe90 wrote:

Some movie with Steve Martin in it :?

I probably shouldn't have posted it...I guess I was just having an Aspie moment.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:07 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:

ahahahah a buick isn't gonna get you out of the middle of nowhere ahaha dumb guy

(jk)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:05 am

Datsuns are from a bygone era. They are now known as Nissans.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 8:17 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Some movie with Steve Martin in it :?

I probably shouldn't have posted it...I guess I was just having an Aspie moment.

That's Steve Martin in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and that's a classic that was worthy of post here. You are truly one of the greats.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 8:53 am

Steve Martin and John Candy.

You would enjoy that movie, Joe.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Steve Martin and John Candy.

You would enjoy that movie, Joe.

Planes, trains and automobiles, one of my favorites.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:13 pm