Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 1:43 pm

The game is simple and pretty obvious--make a caption for the above picture, or post your own.
[Midnightstar, if you ever return, I'll try to resurrect your old thread.]

I'll start.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:12 pm

No one wants to play?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:24 pm

I think we're all stumped. I've racked my brain in vain (that might be a good caption right there).

Want to try another pic?

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:26 pm

Okey-dokey.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm

"... By and by, when that was finished, he came upon Kolokolo Bird sitting in the middle of a wait-a-bit thorn-bush, and he said, 'My father has spanked me, and my mother has spanked me; all my aunts and uncles have spanked me for my 'satiable curtiosity; and still I want to know what the Crocodile has for dinner!'

Then Kolokolo Bird said, with a mournful cry, 'Go to the banks of the great grey-green, greasy Limpopo River, all set about with fever-trees, and find out.' "

(Mario Luigi ;-) recounting The Elephant's Child, by Kipling, to a clearly enraptured audience.)

(Sorry Kura! I had an attack of Literature :-) )

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 06 Mar 2018, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:37 pm

There is actually a Limpopo River which flows in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and South Africa.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:38 pm

:-) Wait-a-Bit trees exist too. Do you remember (did you ever see) The Gods Must Be Crazy?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:39 pm

[That's actually Luigi, not Mario. An easy mistake if you know nothing about video games.]

Yes, I have seen that movie, ages ago.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:42 pm

^^ Fixed it! Tx.

"Well, Kura," said Esme, over the teacups, is that our friend in the ALL CAPS sitting next to you?"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:46 pm

"Not quite." Kura/Chihiro replied. :lol:

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:49 pm

(Hope my universal ignorance of video games and anime is not too much of a problem. It certainly frees the imagination when I have no idea who anyone really is!)

I'll hold off on this one to give someone else a chance...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:53 pm

"The Gods Must Be Crazy" is a great movie.

Very funny.

I really know nothing about anime. "Speed Racer" was an anime of the 1960s. I didn't know it was "anime" then. I just thought it was a nice cartoon.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:56 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:59 pm

"No!" said Kura to herself. "No, no no no no. I am NOT eating the last cookie!"

(and for the one above: "Hey dudes, you behind the shields? (yelled the spearbearers.) Your water bottles are leaking very symmetrically!")

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 8:07 pm

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 8:13 pm

Pikachu Taco's my favourite

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard