Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

godofthecough
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2018, 7:26 pm

There’s a drug currently in phase 3 clinical trials for treatment resistant depression called AXS-05. AXS-05 is a mixture of the drugs Bupropion (Wellbutrin, an antidepressant) and Dextromethorphan (DXM, the mainstream cough suppressant). Why does this matter? I’ve struggled with autistim, depression, and ADHD traits my entire life, and it’s interfered horribly with my ability to have complex relationships with people. Back in December I took 300mg DXM to robotrip at a school party. For the first time in my life, I had a rush of feelings like empathy, and I could pick up on social cues better than ever. Things just clicked and I could look at everything from a different point of view, having far better social skills and a lot less anxiety. Fast forward to recently. After being prescribed Wellbutrin, I began trying adding a few DXM gelcaps and boy did it make the difference. When I’m on the combo of DXM and Wellbutrin, I’m extremely confident. I find myself striking up conversations with people I’ve never met, not being so afraid of what people think, and understanding social cues better than ever. My mood and focus are immensely improved, and all of my autistic symptoms are 100% gone. I started caring more about the way I dressed but simultaneously being more comfortable with my own body and skin. I became far less afraid of change and have been open to new things. I’m here to let you all know that there’s hope, and this combination may prove helpful to people with autism who are looking for relief from their symptoms. I’m not suggesting this for everyone, and I know there’s going to be plenty of people who are content with the way they are, and that’s fine, however for people who are looking for something like this, this could be life changing.