Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm

hey now, i don't start my sentences with capital letters either.

does that make me a lesser human?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 11:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
how 'bout a shorter pole? ;)

:lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 11:50 pm

I don't even like eating crabs or lobsters. I don't the taste or smell, all that salty liquid that gushes out, and I do find them a little too similar to insects or arachnids.

I'm not supposed to dislike it because I'm Nova Scotian, but that's just a stereotype. :roll:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:21 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't even like eating crabs or lobsters. I don't the taste or smell, all that salty liquid that gushes out, and I do find them a little too similar to insects or arachnids.

I'm not supposed to dislike it because I'm Nova Scotian, but that's just a stereotype. :roll:

Gosh. A Nova Scotian who hates seafood. You poor thing.

you're like a Texan who hates beef. Or like a relative of either Ben, or Jerry, who is lactose intolerant.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:46 am

I can't remember which local grocery store I was in when I saw them, but one of the major chain stores here carries roasted crickets. I think a bag was around $8-12 something like that. I didn't pick any up because I was hesitant to buy a big bag just in case I ate a few and hated the taste.. but now I think next time I see them I'll grab a bag just to satisfy my curiosity about how they taste. They really are a great source of protein with an ultra low environmental impact compared to meat. The hemp seeds I eat are probably even better, though.. complete protein straight from a plant source - the shortest chain from Sun to food.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:58 am

on the subject...

"nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." [MLK]

"against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain." [Nietzsche]
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” ― George Carlin
“I'll take crazy over stupid any day.” ― Joss Whedon

“Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference.” ― Jim Butcher, Vignette
“Stupidity is the same as evil if you judge by the results.” ― Margaret Atwood, Surfacing
“You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

“The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.”
― Harlan Ellison

“We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid.”
― Christopher Hitchens

“There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”
― Frank Zappa

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathan Swift

“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
― Robert J. Hanlon

“Humans beings always do the most intelligent thing…after they’ve tried every stupid alternative and none of them have worked”
― R. Buckminster Fuller

“Intelligence minus purpose equals stupidity.” ― Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity
“If stupidity got us in this mess, how come it can't get us out.” ― Will Rogers
“It is only because of their stupidity that they are able to be so sure of themselves.”
― Franz Kafka

“Smart people have the brains, but stupid people have the balls” ― Ana Sáez González

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I can't remember which local grocery store I was in when I saw them, but one of the major chain stores here carries roasted crickets. I think a bag was around $8-12 something like that. I didn't pick any up because I was hesitant to buy a big bag just in case I ate a few and hated the taste.. but now I think next time I see them I'll grab a bag just to satisfy my curiosity about how they taste. They really are a great source of protein with an ultra low environmental impact compared to meat. The hemp seeds I eat are probably even better, though.. complete protein straight from a plant source - the shortest chain from Sun to food.

Are hemp seeds edible? Like can you get them in somekind of stores?

Or are just making a joke about accidently ingesting them while you smoke weed?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:18 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
People are eating Tide Pods, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Fun Fact: We could potentially end global warming and save the environment by replacing beef with fried crickets. Most insects are high in protein and low in fat ... and insects cannot feel pain since they have no central nervous system.

Despite this, people don't want to eat bugs because "That's gross! I'd rather eat a laundry pod!"

I've had a various fried insects overseas, I wouldn't want to eat them daily... I prefer my big juicy steaks and I am NOT willing to give my meat up, just like my guns :wink:

:wtg:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:44 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Today my mother said there's some KFC chicken shortage in the UK or somewhere (while we were eating at KFC by mere coincidence), and that people are actually calling 911 because they can't get any chicken.

Seriously? That's almost as bad as that "lady" who called 911 because she didn't get her Chicken McNuggets and people rioting over their lack of Schezwan sauce. I guess it's true, fast food IS unhealthy. Because hearing these stories of idiocy is just sickening.

Remember the lady who sued McDonald’s because of the hot coffee?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

Fluoride in the water. That's my guess.

Oscar Meyer Lansky