Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:44 pm

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/oneless

TL;DR: People are protesting the lack of gun control in the United States by destroying their guns.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 7:00 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

TL;DR: People are protesting the lack of gun control in the United States by destroying their guns.

Good! I feel safer already. :roll: :lol:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 7:20 pm

Mudboy wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Good! I feel safer already. :roll: :lol:

I'm honestly not sure if this is solving the problem, though I appreciate the dedication of these people.

Some people get very emotionally attached to their weapons. As a result, it must take a great deal of willpower to destroy a personal weapon on camera.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

Good propaganda, but the people who are doing this are idiots. Idiots who disarm themselves are doing everyone a favor.

More "gun control" is not the answer. The laws do not disarm the criminals. They only remove the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves. The police hide, stand down, or otherwise turn a blind eye to the criminals. No efforts are made to deter them. Instead, all of the efforts are geared towards making people more vulnerable to criminals. As a result, crime increases, causing more calls for "gun control", and the cycle continues. This cycle was started a few decades ago, and has reached an unsustainable level of violence.

Is this cycle fed on purpose, or is it unintended? Regardless, history shows disarming citizens is often followed by tyranical governments killing millions (Germany, China, USSR, Vietnam, etc.). Most gun owners are aware of history, and refuse to take the chance it won't be repeated on them.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:09 pm

Mudboy wrote:
More "gun control" is not the answer. The laws do not disarm the criminals.

True (about the criminals, not the first sentence), but the fewer guns in circulation the less likely it is that someone will be shot by accident by their four-year-old daughter because they didn't have the silly thing stored away properly (and they were stupid enough to leave it loaded), which is apparently one of the leading causes of, if not the leading cause, of gun deaths in the U.S.

Mudboy wrote:
They only remove the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

Every single nutcase who decided to go on a shooting rampage was one of your "law-abiding citizens" before they decided to commit their crime.

Mudboy wrote:
Is this cycle fed on purpose, or is it unintended? Regardless, history shows disarming citizens is often followed by tyranical governments killing millions (Germany, China, USSR, Vietnam, etc.). Most gun owners are aware of history, and refuse to take the chance it won't be repeated on them.

Oh for f***'s sake. Are the following nations ruled by "tyrannical governments"?
Australia
New Zealand
France
Germany
Poland
Spain
Japan
South Korea
Belgium
Luxembourg
Sweden
Austria
Italy
Chile
Canada
Shall I go on? Do you honestly believe that a bunch of Rambo-wannabe's could stand against the U.S. military if the need arose, because they all had AK-47's, wore camouflage, and thought they were really tough? This ridiculous 'argument' of yours is just... well, utterly moronic. I give you five eyerolls for this - :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:56 am

Only a very small minority are participating in this latest idiotic fad. It's being mocked for its pointless stupidity on youtube and social media. Some day those fuctards will look back and say "Gee, I really shouldn't have done that. :( I destroyed an $850 AR-15 that I could have just sold and gotten most of my money back!".

What can you expect, though? Last month the rage was eating laundry detergent pods...
:roll:

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:03 pm

#OneMore, more like#MultipleMore #MAR15GA

This thread made me place an order for a box of lowers :wink:

Last edited by SH90 on 24 Feb 2018, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:04 pm

Any rich ass liberal can buy a gun in the US only to destroy it. The credibility that these people were actually long time gun owners is questionable.

Lintar, any big government is too much. Also Germany, has the fourth highest gun ownership in the world.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 1:57 pm

Lintar, You ignore the core thesis on the cycle of violence, posit historic genocides as paranoid fantasy, and flip the victims into purpetrators. In addition, you cast aspersions on millions of people you have never associated with, and a foriegn military you do not understand.
Please do continue. Your previous post contained so many falacies I want to see if you have more.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm

i hardly think all gun-using criminals have mafia connections or can shop the black market effectively.

Lintar wrote:
Oh for f***'s sake. Are the following nations ruled by "tyrannical governments"?

Quote:
Germany

yeah.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

Mudboy wrote:
Good propaganda, but the people who are doing this are idiots. Idiots who disarm themselves are doing everyone a favor.

More "gun control" is not the answer. The laws do not disarm the criminals. They only remove the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves. The police hide, stand down, or otherwise turn a blind eye to the criminals. No efforts are made to deter them. Instead, all of the efforts are geared towards making people more vulnerable to criminals. As a result, crime increases, causing more calls for "gun control", and the cycle continues. This cycle was started a few decades ago, and has reached an unsustainable level of violence.

If gun control isn't the answer then:

1) Why has gun control worked in many other countries? :?
2) Why hasn't ever more guns worked in the USA? :?

Hint: It's because gun control is the answer.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
It has:
Mudboy wrote:
history shows disarming citizens is often followed by tyranical governments killing millions (Germany, China, USSR, Vietnam, etc.).
Lately, countries that were disarmed (UK and Australia) are now experiencing mass murder using motor vehicles. Should motor vehicles be banned also?
France and Russia are "disarmed countires" but still experience mass shootings.

goldfish21 wrote:
It did before the calls for "gun control" started:
Mudboy wrote:
all of the efforts are geared towards making people more vulnerable to criminals. As a result, crime increases, causing more calls for "gun control", and the cycle continues. This cycle was started a few decades ago

goldfish21 wrote:
Hint: "Gun control" in the US has resulted in over 98% of mass shootings occuring in "gun free" zones.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:34 pm

Mudboy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It has:
Mudboy wrote:
history shows disarming citizens is often followed by tyranical governments killing millions (Germany, China, USSR, Vietnam, etc.).
Lately, countries that were disarmed (UK and Australia) are now experiencing mass murder using motor vehicles. Should motor vehicles be banned also?
France and Russia are "disarmed countires" but still experience mass shootings.

goldfish21 wrote:
It did before the calls for "gun control" started:
Mudboy wrote:
all of the efforts are geared towards making people more vulnerable to criminals. As a result, crime increases, causing more calls for "gun control", and the cycle continues. This cycle was started a few decades ago

goldfish21 wrote:
Hint: "Gun control" in the US has resulted in over 98% of mass shootings occuring in "gun free" zones.

You're right, gun control has worked in other countries.. like here in Canada where it's not nearly as easy for people to buy military grade killing machines, not nearly as many people get murdered by them. What a coincidence! Same in Japan, Australia, and many other nations.

Efforts at gun control have nothing to do with trying to make people vulnerable to criminals. That sounds like straight up NRA propaganda. Absurd.

How has gun control resulted in 98% of mass shootings in the USA occurring in gun free zones? The USA has nearly zero gun control.. which is why it's out of control. It's clear as day to the entire rest of the world who's watching this mess unfold in headline news with daily reports of more children murdered & gun nuts justifying it as collateral damage for their right to have all the guns they can afford to buy.

Thing is, no one wants to take away guns from responsible owners. We have plenty of gun owners here in Canada.. but with gun control, we ensure that nearly all of them are responsible owners. In the USA damned near anyone can walk into a gun shop and walk out with a killing machine even if they're known to be bat s**t crazy & likely to use it on people. That's the thing people want controlled. Who is able to access guns. Very few are advocating for a gun free USA, almost no one. It's bizarre to me as an outside observer that responsible gun owners would defend the ability of irresponsible people to obtain guns.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:58 pm

In the US. we have laws that should keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. The problem is a failure, or unwillingness of our government to enforce them. The increase in mass shootings is a vicious cycle caused by the government. I find it bizzare people are not calling for increased enforcement. Instead, they are calling for more disarming of the law abiding.
Gun free zones are simply areas where law abiding gun owners become criminals if they want to defend themselves. Since security is not provided for these zones, they are an open invitation to criminals to cause havoc

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:13 pm

It's about the degeneration of society, not about gun laws and whether or not the government enforces them.
Obesity isn't caused by easy access to forks and spoons.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:01 pm

Looks like they just disassembled (not destroyed) them ...for example ...