Some companies cutting ties with NRA

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 1:35 am

Florida shooting: NRA-linked firms hit by consumer boycott

Quote:
More than half a dozen US companies have cut ties with the National Rifle Association (NRA) as consumers urge a boycott of businesses linked to the politically powerful gun lobby.

The firms included car rental giants Hertz and Enterprise, which offered discounts for NRA members.

Activists have tried to put pressure on the NRA since the shooting by targeting firms that offer discounts and other benefits to its members.

They have flooded its corporate partners with comments on social media under the hashtag #BoycottNRA. Firms under pressure include delivery company FedEx and tech giants such as Amazon, which distributes NRA television programmes.

On Thursday, the family-owned First National Bank of Omaha said it would not renew NRA-branded credit cards, citing "customer feedback".

Enterprise Holdings, which owns the rental car brands Alamo, Enterprise and National, also said discounts offered to NRA members would end on 26 March.
The firm, which announced the move in response to comments on Twitter, declined to say why it had taken such a step but told a customer that the firm doesn't "sponsor, endorse or take a political stance on any organizations."

Other companies distanced themselves from the NRA on Friday.
Those included MetLife Insurance, the Avis Budget Group, home security firm Simplisafe, two moving brands - Allied Van Lines and northAmerican Van Lines - and Symantec Corp which had offered discounts for its LifeLock identity theft product.

Insurance firm Chubb also said it had stopped underwriting an NRA-branded insurance policy three months ago.

In Florida, the president of the Florida Education Association, which represents teachers' unions, also called on the state to look at pension holdings in gun companies in a statement to the Miami Herald newspaper.

However other companies continue to offer discounts to NRA members. On its website, the NRA says US airlines Delta and United are offering special flight discounts to NRA members travelling to Dallas for the organisation's annual meeting in May.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:37 am

Knee-jerk reaction...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:40 pm

Don’t worry, NRA, you’ll always have Wal-Mart

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 2:17 pm

United and Delta are joining the party.

Now there is a move to boycott spring break in Florida. Like the residents will be sad not to have drunkin, brawling, puking, peeing people jamming their streets. I must be out of touch, I thought Florida has not been popular spring break destinitation since like the 80s.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 11:18 am

Why is this supposed to be the NRA's fault? I don't know too much about them beyond the self explanatory name.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 12:23 pm

Well I don't see the problem with that, doesn't seem like the NRA has a very good agenda...I wouldn't want to be associated with that organization either.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:02 pm

EzraS wrote:
Why is this supposed to be the NRA's fault? I don't know too much about them beyond the self explanatory name.

EzraS wrote:

As usual, the left is exploiting the emotional shockwave from the school shooting in Florida to further it's agenda while people are scrambling for answers. Part of that is slandering one of thier biggest enemies, the NRA.

The NRA is not without it's faults.
- To it's members, they tend to scream the sky is falling just to get more donations.....to keep the sky from falling. :roll:
- Executive VP Wayne, LaPierre can be annoying and sometimes just plain full of s**t but they've had him since I can remember....for whatever reason.

On the positive side:
- The NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action) is the largest and most powerful pro-2nd Amendment voice in America.
- The NRA is hands down the leading provider of firearms safety education, instructor and range officer training, and hunter safety training. These are actually important to saving life and limb, unlike what the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence does.

As far as companies cutting ties with the NRA, most of thier non-NRA customers were never aware of any affiliation with the NRA it so it wouldn't have mattered to them. Their NRA member customers will be aware of it and they'll lose their business.

Yes, I'm an NRA member and will continue to be.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

EzraS wrote:

The National Rifle Association offered the first integrated firearms training in the United States. Union generals of the Civil War chose to offer the training in Washington, D.C., to help newly freed black slaves protect themselves and their families and friends. Its most effective program is the Eddie Eagle firearm-safety advice to kids of "STOP! -- Don't touch -- Run away -- Tell a grown-up" if they see a firearm. With more than 100 million Americans who own and use firearms, the best successes of the NRA come in its powerful lobbying.

But, after five years as a member, I couldn't tolerate the hostility against LGBT individuals coming from the group's leaders. In my opinion, the group should return to its roots with the Second Amendment, not sharing its personal opinions about social controversies. While the group now employs LGBT spokespeople, they smack of tokenism.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2018, 7:07 pm

NRA breaks 15-year fundraising record

The National Rifle Association’s Political Victory Fund raised $2.4 million from March 1 to March 31, the group’s first full month of political fundraising since the nation’s deadliest high school shooting on Valentine’s Day, according to filings submitted to the Federal Elections Commission. The total is $1.5 million more than the organization raised during the same time period in 2017, when it took in $884,000 in donations, and $1.6 million more than it raised in February 2018.

The $2.4 million haul is the most money raised by the NRA’s political arm in one month since June 2003, the last month when electronic federal records were readily available. It surpasses the $1.1 million and $1.5 million raised in January and February 2013, the two months after the Sandy Hook school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Most of the donations, $1.9 million of the $2.4 million total, came from small donors who gave less than $200.

https://libertyunyielding.com/2018/04/2 ... ng-record/

There Are Four Lights!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2018, 7:18 pm

EzraS wrote:

The NRA is an organisation that likes to blame video games, movies and atheism for mass shootings. In other words, the problem of American gun violence isn't going away because the NRA keeps blaming the innocent.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/