Trump picked the day of Nakba to move US embassy to Jr.

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:17 am

He doesn’t even try to hide his anti-arab sentiments, so not only he abolsihed any chance of peace - he will move the US embassy to Jerusalem on the same memorial day of Nakba (Palestinian exodus) when more than 700,000 Palestinians were expelled from their villages by terrorist jewish militias after the total destruction of their cities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02 ... salem-may/

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He doesn’t even try to hide his anti-arab sentiments, so not only he abolsihed any chance of peace - he will move the US embassy to Jerusalem on the same memorial day of Nakba (Palestinian exodus) when more than 700,000 Palestinians were expelled from their villages by terrorist jewish militias after the total destruction of their cities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02 ... salem-may/
I question whether this is other than a coincidence, you'd have to ask Trump himself what he was thinking. All sorts of evil intent is seen behind everything Trump does. In reality, I seriously doubt Trump has strong feelings one way or the other about Arabs*, I'm sure he has done business with many an Arab, all he has cared about most of his life is coming out on the winning side of a business deal. In comparison to (picking an American politician you may have heard of) Ted Cruz, whose entire life has been devoted to politics. Just wait until HE becomes US President.

To contrast, the date on which the physical division of Berlin ended, which was a day of great celebration for all Germans, happens also to be the exact same date on which Kristallnacht began, which is generally regarded as the official start of the Holocaust.

It is my personal belief that few people know exactly what happened during the Naqba. If you live in an Arabic speaking country near the State of Israel, you were taught one thing in school. If you are Israeli, you were taught something entirely different. Growing up in the US, I was taught essentially nothing about it, just as I was taught nothing that corresponds to what Canadians are taught in school regarding the War of 1812. History is written by the victors, they say. In this case, you have a military victory claimed by the Jews and a moral victory claimed by the Palestinians.

I did a quick Google search for anything that purported to be an honest account. This seemed closest:

https://intpolicydigest.org/2015/06/08/the-real-nakba/

You may think that fact that the author is a (very old) Jew discredits this account, nevertheless he does call for an Israeli apology at the end which I believe puts him out of the Israeli mainstream. Plus at that age, it's almost impossible for anybody to have an accurate unbiased recollection of something they experienced decades ago.

A couple of years ago I tried to conduct a poll in PP&R to find out which of several choices most people would pick as the worst atrocity in modern history, I included the Naqba, the Holocaust, the Trail of Tears, and whatever you call what happened in Australia after it was settled by whites. I genuinely thought the Naqba would win, but it barely got any votes. Not sure what to conclude from that.

*I happen to be uncomfortable with the term "Arab". To my understanding it just means a person whose mother tongue is Arabic. I have seen "Arabs" with black skin and I have also seen "Arabs" with blond hair. This to me is just one of many factors that utterly confounds most peoples' understanding of the Middle East.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:08 pm

Odds are that Trump doesn't even know about Nakba.

Not to excuse his actions---let me emphasize that.

I didn't know about it, until Boo mentioned it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:15 pm

Never heard of it I doubt trump has either or most Americans.
The move was legally required and I believe it had a deadline too

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm

If Americans knew the truth about how Israel came to be they might start questioning why they have to give Israel $10 million a day.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 3:25 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
If Americans knew the truth about how Israel came to be they might start questioning why they have to give Israel $10 million a day.

The problem that most of them know sh!t John, and a large portion of their poplation are devout Protestant denominations who have this weird belief that Jews are God’s chosen people and all should “return” to Israel.

And a lot of Americans claim that Palestinians and Lebanese are descendants of Arab invaders so they were the invaders first. this is a very old Zionist narrative btw and Americans still buy it.

They don’t know that, genetically wise, the local Palestinans and Lebanese are the descendants of the ancient Hebrews/Canaanites regardless of their current religion, certainly much more likely related than the blondie Jews who came from Poland or Germany.

Here, from the mouth of the enemy itself, this is science:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/233118

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... chaeology/

So most Lebanese are descendants of Canaanites; that means the Bible's story on how the Hebrews exterminated all Canaanites in the area is untrue (and ancient hebrews or isrealites were most likely originally Canaanites themselves).
Other generic studies supported the same for Palestinians.

So our peoples are indigenous, the Zionist narrative that we descended from invaders coming from Arabia who took the place of Jews and expelled them and so Israel's actions are justified as “revenge” is.... well, a big fat lie, debunked by science. A pathetic attempt to falsify our ancestral identity and to "un-indigenousify" us, and to claim they, those who come from Europe, are the indigenous ones of the land!

The Jewish massive exodus story is very doubtful, and most probably an another big fat lie.

Judaism didn’t dwindle from Lebanon/Palestine/Syria because some Romans or Arabs “expelled” them; but because Christianity became the more popular religion among the once-jews, long before even Islam taking over the area. This was true in Egypt, same in the Levant.

The fact is, today, all the results of modern genetic and archaeological studies support the Levantine's Canaanite-ancestry claim, not the Israel's theory.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 5:34 pm

You're preaching to the choir.

I think going into ancient history just plays into the wrong hands.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 5:53 pm

People who believe the Romans "expelled" them probably believe they were once slaves in Egypt too :roll:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 6:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
a lot of Americans claim that Palestinians and Lebanese are descendants of Arab invaders so they were the invaders first. this is a very old Zionist narrative btw and Americans still buy it.
This is nonsense. I am American and have never heard that theory. In fact TBH I suspect at least 80% of Americans (probably more but I am being conservative) couldn't even find Lebanon on a map. I wouldn't even assume that the President could.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 11:21 pm

But they want to have their own homeland. If they want to be home than what are they doing in the Levant? :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 1:26 am

MaxE wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
a lot of Americans claim that Palestinians and Lebanese are descendants of Arab invaders so they were the invaders first. this is a very old Zionist narrative btw and Americans still buy it.
This is nonsense. I am American and have never heard that theory. In fact TBH I suspect at least 80% of Americans (probably more but I am being conservative) couldn't even find Lebanon on a map. I wouldn't even assume that the President could.

It’s a very common narrative from pro-israel you encounter in politics forums.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 1:28 am

JohnPowell wrote:
I think going into ancient history just plays into the wrong hands.

Why so?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 1:34 am

sly279 wrote:
Never heard of it I doubt trump has either or most Americans.
The move was legally required and I believe it had a deadline too

I think that you should know about the history of the Middle East if you are going to intervene in their affairs.

Yeah, most Americans don't know about Nakba. That's because education is expensive in the United States.

Donald Trump is rich, so he has no excuse.

Shouldn't the president of the US be a history expert? Isn't that how all world leaders should be?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 1:36 am

Well, we do have an idiot in chief rather than a president...so there is that.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 1:40 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well, we do have an idiot in chief rather than a president...so there is that.

I suspect that most of his stupidity is an act.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 1:43 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

The problem that most of them know sh!t John, and a large portion of their poplation are devout Protestant denominations who have this weird belief that Jews are God’s chosen people and all should “return” to Israel.

And a lot of Americans claim that Palestinians and Lebanese are descendants of Arab invaders so they were the invaders first. this is a very old Zionist narrative btw and Americans still buy it.

They don’t know that, genetically wise, the local Palestinans and Lebanese are the descendants of the ancient Hebrews/Canaanites regardless of their current religion, certainly much more likely related than the blondie Jews who came from Poland or Germany.

Here, from the mouth of the enemy itself, this is science:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/233118

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... chaeology/

So most Lebanese are descendants of Canaanites; that means the Bible's story on how the Hebrews exterminated all Canaanites in the area is untrue (and ancient hebrews or isrealites were most likely originally Canaanites themselves).
Other generic studies supported the same for Palestinians.

So our peoples are indigenous, the Zionist narrative that we descended from invaders coming from Arabia who took the place of Jews and expelled them and so Israel's actions are justified as “revenge” is.... well, a big fat lie, debunked by science. A pathetic attempt to falsify our ancestral identity and to "un-indigenousify" us, and to claim they, those who come from Europe, are the indigenous ones of the land!

The Jewish massive exodus story is very doubtful, and most probably an another big fat lie.

Judaism didn’t dwindle from Lebanon/Palestine/Syria because some Romans or Arabs “expelled” them; but because Christianity became the more popular religion among the once-jews, long before even Islam taking over the area. This was true in Egypt, same in the Levant.

The fact is, today, all the results of modern genetic and archaeological studies support the Levantine's Canaanite-ancestry claim, not the Israel's theory.

That's interesting. So where did the modern Israelis come from? Is there something to the Khazars/Imposter-Jews theory that "colourful" internet personalities love to talk about?