Why do people crawl into small spaces?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sorrend
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2018, 8:49 pm

My dad watches RV Life, a 'reality' TV show where couples switch from traditional homes to RVs. It's interesting, albeit a little boring.

Shows like this tend to follow the same sort of outline. In this show, the couple is shown three different RVs and then decides which one they want.

However, it seems like in every episode someone has to climb a storage area, just to show how big it is. It usually happens without context or just a "Wow, look how big that storage is! I bet I could fit in there!" And then they do.

The Freudian's might claim those people want to climb back up into their mother's wombs.

--TOO LONG TO READ THROUGH? SEE BELOW--

Why do people like to crawl into small spaces? It's almost like a weird instinct or cultural norm.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

i think those people are in fact, cats.

how can something be interesting AND boring?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 11:43 pm

Because sometimes you need answers before you get yourself in a pickle.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 11:45 pm

A lot of prey animals don't like to be out in the open because it makes it easy for predators to spot them and there's no place for them to hide. They're more comfortable when in an enclosed area. Maybe the people on this show are secretly like scared little bunny rabbits or deer. :)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 12:00 am

Hmm, that's interesting. I always get odd looks or told not to when I do it. It makes me feel safer and helps ground me when I have things touching me or very close to me, for some reason. I was under the impression that it was considered odd.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Feb 2018, 12:10 am

Maybe they are afraid of open spaces due to Agoraphobia

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

They want to imitate cats!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 4:07 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Hmm, that's interesting. I always get odd looks or told not to when I do it. It makes me feel safer and helps ground me when I have things touching me or very close to me, for some reason. I was under the impression that it was considered odd.

Maybe you and them are doing it in different contexts, like they feel they're demonstrating how big a space is for the camera crews, meanwhile people-who-aren't-you don't understand your motivations and thus fail to understand the behaviour and term it as odd.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う