Job coach shouted at me for turning down a work trial

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Not here
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2018, 5:34 pm

What an irritating a**hole. Your advisor is clearly being a bully. You'd think they would approach things sensitively.

Do contact the disability advisor at your job centre and follow the steps suggested by Trogluddite. Tell the DEA everything and he/she will no doubt be supportive and take the necessary steps in making a complaint on your behalf. This route will likely be less stressful too.

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2018, 5:44 am

Don't hesitate in making a formal complaint. The provider you are seeing should have a complaints procedure that you can follow. Chances are the jobcentre themselves won't do anything unless the provider doesn't respond to the complaint; the jobcentre don't hold their contractors to particularly high standards.

If a formal complaint doesn't get you anywhere, then I'd seriously ask why you are bothering with the scheme in the first place. Work Choice is optional so you should be able to leave. Its no good staying on the scheme 'just in case' someone might be helpful, when all it is doing is making you stressed.

Aspergers445
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2018, 8:29 am

The truth is, if I am honest with the jobcentre about what happened I am worried they will think I am stupid and side with the Shaw Trust as the jobcentre referred me to them in the first place. And even worse, sanction my money. So I don't want to mention to them about the work trial and saying to them that my advisor didn't want to know that it was hard for me to get to. Too much lack of empathy with jobcentre plus and other job professionals and recruitment agencies are no better. I bet my employment would not treat me like this if I was on the neurotypical spectrum.