Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

krillLit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2018, 10:56 pm

i'm 21, i have friends, all struggling either as much or more as me either financially or mentally/emotionally. i have never had a proper job. therapists and psychiatrists havent been able to help me and my star worker just seemed to drop me or whatever. i i dont get the disability money i should be getting for these and im getting no help from the nhs sans some antidepressents that hardly do a dent if even that to my mood which is rarely anything other than a feeling of hollowness, anxiety or similar. not to say im incapable of having an enjoyable time under the right circumstances, but that is always there and i really do try to combat it whether by distractions or catching negative self talk but there is a barrier i just really cant pass despite mine and others efforts, i'm stuck in this hole feeling sh***y and exhausted trying to combat these feelings and any time i attempt something productive i just shut down or drop it and dont feel im learning or have learned anything no matter how long i've been doing it (tried programming for a good few months, yoga, music, i just cant seem to teach myself anything). i dont think anyone here can really offer me a solution but i'd like to hear others relate if you can. idk if i'll post again anytime soon but we'll see i guess :skull:

Homebrand
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2018, 6:15 pm

Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Especially if your friends have there own stuff as well, that can be hard.
I have Dep/Anx/ADHD but find my medications manage most of it. If you are already on meds, maybe adding a CBD course and focus on your mental health first instead of trying to study when your note at 100%. I did CBD a few years back and found it really helped me. In the beginning I thought those kinds of courses were really stupid (for no reason), but they help you with the way think and if you put effort in Its really worth it if you able to get you head to be better place.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 6:45 pm

<--- Drinks like a fish. Sometimes he blacks out and ends up in parking lots 25 miles away from where he started drinking.