Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2018, 1:30 pm

(I'm not posting this in the Women's issues forum because men will comment anyway, so who cares? We're all the same species, more or less. :P :D :wink: )

This is getting beyond a joke. I am 30 and for the past few weeks I've been having horrible, psychotic moodswings... crying one second, trying to kill myself the next, then laughing for no f**king reason, then self-mutilating the next, and so on. I've just literally started bleeding in the last half-hour.

I've been verbally abusive towards everyone I know and I feel like a monster. Also, screaming in frustation at 3am and hitting my head against my walls until my scalp splits open. It has been so bad on this ocassion that my neighbours have complained about my erratic behaviour and I'm in trouble with the police. :(

Would hormone therapy of some kind help to eliminate this wild and uncontrollable PMSing? I'd even go so far as to have a hysterectomy. I want to get neutered - it calms dogs and cats to some degree, so why not try it on me? I'm adamant that I do not want to have children. I keep animals - substitute children, if you like - and that's all I need to feel happy. (Plus, if I had a baby it would probably grow up to be the Antichrist and bring about the End of Days or some such... NOT having children is my service to mankind. It's for the best, trust me.)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 1:51 pm

First things first I would suggest. Get to a GP and ask for your progesterone levels to be checked, as very low progesterone is a factor in PMS. Suggest you seek out a female doctor if you can. In some countries (where I live) you can order these tests from mainstream laboratories yourself, and the results are sent to you, not your doctor. If the results are abnormal, you can take them to a doctor and ask for appropriate hormonal support.

Once you know whether or not the cause is physical/hormonal (or not) you can make a plan, and as this is very stressful, you may need someone to walk alongside you through this, whether a patient advocate or a women's health group support helpline, or something like that.

Hope you find peace in the near future.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 May 2018, 3:27 pm

My girlfriend has depression & anxiety issues & PMS made things alot worse for her. I knew when it was that time for her just by her unstable behavior. She got on Implanon & later Nexplanon & she quit getting her period after abit. She's more stable on it & I cant tell when she's PMSing if she ever does.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2018, 3:07 am

I have PMDD, Pre Menstrual Dyphoria Disorder, it's like pms from hell, and went to my family physician. She told me that I could take a low dose of Prozac for that so I went on it for PMDD and within five days my pms from hell went away and all was fine with the world. Every now and then I get a bit cranky but nothing to be worried about.