Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 2:24 pm

When I had my radiation for my tongue cancer it left a little piece of bone sticking out of my gum and it needs to be sawed down to fit dentures. Radiation takes away oxygen and this pressurized therapy is designed to put it back increasing the chance of success of this procedure.

Some peoples ears can not handle the pressure which is greater than a plane taking off or landing. I had ear shingles and I am worried that ear is less likely to handle the pressure.

I am scheduled for 20 treatments before the procedure and 10 after for about two hours each. I can not bring in any electronic equipment or books so even though they have a TV it sounds pretty boring.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 7:00 pm

Sorry, not I, but I hope it goes well for you.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2018, 9:04 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Sorry, not I, but I hope it goes well for you.

Thank you.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 9:01 pm

I did think about doing this a while back, even buying my own unit as they were not that expensive online.

Please keep us updated on the results.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 12:09 pm

The first day did not go well as you need to hold and swallow water and blow through your closed nose in order to relieve the ear popping and pain from different levels of air pressure in your ears (like an airplane taking off but more). Because I half of my tongue is a replacement and that area is surgically altered I could not do that very well. What they do in cases like mine is surgically implant little ear tubes to let the air flow. Ear tubes are commonly implanted children when they have ear infections. The tubes were put in, I went back in the chamber today and it was much better.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 1:34 pm

Sounds unpleasant, but I'm glad it was resolved.

One of the reasons I decided against the HOT was because of pressure issues. It's recommended that I don't fly due to increase in pressure in the sinuses etc. which would probably cause untold problems for me - could even induce a seizure.

Are you able to meditate while in the chamber?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 6:21 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Sounds unpleasant, but I'm glad it was resolved.

One of the reasons I decided against the HOT was because of pressure issues. It's recommended that I don't fly due to increase in pressure in the sinuses etc. which would probably cause untold problems for me - could even induce a seizure.

Are you able to meditate while in the chamber?

They have a TV the stick right on top of the chamber