Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 2:14 pm

I want to know?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 5:41 pm

I could swear that someone has asked this before....

Anyway, why would autistic players have a specific playstyle?

Having said that though, I think the one problem that some autistics would have though is the communication aspect. I mean... you know, I dont think I have to explain why that issue is there, you probably already understand if you're on this forum.

So I suppose one suggestion I could give is: Try to use a playstyle (and associated ships) that DOESNT require as much direct communication for you to perform your role on the team.

Example from other genres: A "support" class. I've played plenty of multiplayer games, including MMOs and Mobas, and one thing I found is that support classes actually dont need to communicate AS MUCH with other players. They're not meant to coordinate attacks and whatever. What they typically need to do is react to events, and save teammates from their own bloody stupid mistakes. I'm bad at communication, but very good at reaction and prediction, so I tend to be a very effective support-type player.

It's not the most exciting role ever, but that sort of thing might be one thing to try. Of course it takes different forms in different games, not necessarily "healing". There are many types of support roles in games like this.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 8:47 pm

Misery wrote:
I could swear that someone has asked this before....

Anyway, why would autistic players have a specific playstyle?

Having said that though, I think the one problem that some autistics would have though is the communication aspect. I mean... you know, I dont think I have to explain why that issue is there, you probably already understand if you're on this forum.

So I suppose one suggestion I could give is: Try to use a playstyle (and associated ships) that DOESNT require as much direct communication for you to perform your role on the team.

Example from other genres: A "support" class. I've played plenty of multiplayer games, including MMOs and Mobas, and one thing I found is that support classes actually dont need to communicate AS MUCH with other players. They're not meant to coordinate attacks and whatever. What they typically need to do is react to events, and save teammates from their own bloody stupid mistakes. I'm bad at communication, but very good at reaction and prediction, so I tend to be a very effective support-type player.

It's not the most exciting role ever, but that sort of thing might be one thing to try. Of course it takes different forms in different games, not necessarily "healing". There are many types of support roles in games like this.

What lines of ships and what play styles would that be?