Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ziemael
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2018, 1:37 pm

I have to call back a heaving sighing condescending jackass, who belittles people. And on top of that I was instructed to lie to him. Hitting my breaking point. Other than informing that it is and exceedingly difficult, and agnst riddled task I Don't know how to tell the manager I can't do it. Afraid I am going to have an episode at work again. Gabapenton is helping the stress hightened sensory issues but I feel dizzy from hyperventilation already. :( :( :(
This job is my whole households sole income. Never stayed this long with this kind of stress before. Normally I just walk out and never come back.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 8:55 am

I am not sure that I understand the specific problem except for the lying, but the stress part definitely makes sense.

Stress management is something that everyone needs to do, but it's not so simple as just being like "no more stress"... and if you're like me, it seems to pile on sometimes without time to manage between stressors. That's the trick. Finding a way to manage the stress between triggering events. Sometimes you have to just pause. Get up, use the restroom, have a walk around the office or outside. Whatever it takes to calm down. Look up relaxation techniques or ways to calm down online maybe meditation. Let your boss know that you need a little bit of leeway to manage your stress. In general, little 2 minute breaks are good enough for me.

As for lying... I HATE lying... I am no good at it, I find it disgusting that somehow society expects it from people, and it's just plain stupid. There are ways that slightly modified versions of messages can feel less like lying, but flat out dishonesty if it is related to your personal values and is something you're expected to do probably means that you might need to find another job.

If you're going to switch jobs keep two things in mind:
Start applying for new jobs before leaving the current job. Update your resume and put in applications online. If you get an interview tell your boss that you have an important appointment that you have to attend. If you're leaving because your boss expects you to lie, then lie to him and tell him it's a doctor's appointment or something if needed.

The other thing is no matter how bad it is in your current job... be patient and bide your time knowing that the other job will come. While it might seem easier to look for a job when you don't have a current one distracting you, the stress of being unemployed could make it just as difficult. Don't push yourself too hard in finding another job. Maybe put in 2 or 3 applications per week for a new job. Remind yourself about what life will be like in a job that's less stressful.

Good luck! I hope you get this fixed ♥

HedvigeSciverit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2018, 7:06 am

Stress can be caused by horrible events, occasions which challenge our cutoff points, and also interior clashes. At the point when push is over the top, it brings about one of four responses - anxiety, apathy and depression, anger and aggression and cognitive impairment. One can look at Voyance Pure for help. These professionals can help you to cope with all the problems you are facing in your life.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 1:42 pm

My god what work do you do?