Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

cat_lover9
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2018, 9:15 am

Has anyone else been stuck in foodservice/retail? I worked in that area for 6 years and even became a store manager of a fast food place at one point for a few years. Working in that field really did help my social skills a lot but I'm tired of working in high-stress jobs like that. The last job I was there for about a month and I would have a meltdown at work at least once a shift. I have tried to interview in other fields but I find that I don't interview well like for an office position per se. Does anyone have good tips for interviewing for office work?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Apr 2018, 1:07 am

I worked retail at two different stores. I did janitorial/custodial stuff at both. I didn't mind the jobs that much when management left me alone to do my work. I quit the 1st place which was WalMart cuz of being put in the middle of conflicting orders from two different managers & getting chewed out by the head one for not listening to her when she didn't make the page herself. My department was officially replaced by a contract crew within a month or so of me quitting & I would of had problems working in other departments due to my disabilities so I feel I was forced out. I didn't mind WalMart in the beginning thou things got worse the longer I was there. I was there for 25 months. My other retail job was at a regional sporting goods chain. I was treated alot better but I left because because one of my physical disabilities interfered. I was only there for 3 months.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition