Trump Voters Motivated By Fear Of Losing “White Dominance”

Page 1 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2018, 1:14 pm

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/new-psychological-research-reveals-really-motivates-trump-voters-not-economic-anxiety/

Dear American Conservatives: There are plenty of non-white people who live a traditional conservative lifestyle ... but they still vote Democrat because they are afraid of you.

Will you lose your racial dominance? Perhaps ... but don't assume that the minorities will destroy traditional conservative values. That probably won't happen. You probably won't lose your culture.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2018, 7:36 pm

Elections are not that simple. Sure Trump’s appeals to bigotry were an important factor but not the only one.

And whites are likely to be a minority after 2050 or so no matter how many people yell and scream and stomp their feet.

Conservatism is is dying very much and it has less to do with race it is more generational. The young adults with the SJW mentality, that grew up in a everybody wins a trophy culture will be running things at some point.

And the part of the Trump base that is alt right, incel, “mens rights”, white nationalists are not conservatives. True conservatives would say the Mexican laborors deserve to take your jobs because you do not want to do it. True conservatives would say you do not like how the culture has changed tough s**t, the free market decided that and you lost. Conservatism has been completly and utterly overthrown.

As far as video it is just another way of delivering Hillary’s basket of deplorables speech. If progressives want to lose again keep that up.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2018, 7:47 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
And the part of the Trump base that is alt right, incel, “mens rights”, white nationalists are not conservatives.

It seems to me that the alt-righters are extreme, revolutionary conservatives who no longer trust mainstream Republicans.

They desperately want to preserve traditional values. That's what conservatism is presumably about.

Some conservatives nowadays are just trolls, but it definitely seems as though some other conservatives still have an honest-to-God desire to preserve traditional values. Of course, they are incompetent in this regard because they don't understand the connection between technological growth and social change.

Quote:
True conservatives would say the Mexican laborors deserve to take your jobs because you do not want to do it. True conservatives would say you do not like how the culture has changed tough s**t, the free market decided that and you lost.

This sounds more like "libertarianism".

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 1:40 am

The alt righters are SJW’s in a way. Instead of a “safe space” they want a “safe country”

Conservatism and Libetarianism always have had a free market overlap. They want a global free market so they can pay low wages and despite all the complaining they do about new trends and ideas they find a way to make a profit off of it.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 6:52 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The alt righters are SJW’s in a way. Instead of a “safe space” they want a “safe country”

Maybe that's not such a bad idea. We could divide the world into countries which only accepted people meeting some arbitrary criteria, like race or religion, and then some other countries with no such restriction, where people willing to intermingle could do so. This way, everyone could live in a country as homogeneous in any way and as restrictive with immigration as they wanted. The only thing all countries should allow with no restrictions is emigration, so those which suck enough eventually become depopulated and, their founding criteria having been proven a failure, their land is reclaimed by their more successful neighbors.

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Conservatism and Libetarianism always have had a free market overlap. They want a global free market so they can pay low wages and despite all the complaining they do about new trends and ideas they find a way to make a profit off of it.

What you need to pay low wages is people able and willing to work for them. A global free market only provides those people as long as some countries are kept poor and underdeveloped, and for this situation to persist, what you need is a lack of freedom in those countries. If the whole world became developed, there'd be no poor countries to move to in order to pay low wages, or whose people migrated in large numbers to richer countries to compete with locals for jobs, pushing wages down. We'd all be better off, much like when currently developed countries became so in the first place.

But, of course, who'd want that to happen? We'd face the very dire danger of having noöne to hate anymore.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 7:59 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Sort of.

... but the alt-righters are worse. The world that they want to create is far worse than the world that SJWs want to create.

If the alt-righters had their way, they would likely start a nuclear war or destroy the environment. The SJWs, if successful, would create a world of constant apologies ... but at least the environment would be okay.

Quote:
Conservatism and Libetarianism always have had a free market overlap.

Not exactly.

"Conservatism" has a different meaning depending on what county you live in and what time period you live in. Conservatism is all about stalling social change.

Even today, conservatives will generally lash out at the free market when it creates something that they don't like. For example, there are many conservatives nowadays who dislike globalization, even though globalization is a natural consequence of the free market.

Quote:
They want a global free market so they can pay low wages and despite all the complaining they do about new trends and ideas they find a way to make a profit off of it.

Well ... most of those rich as*holes who spew conservative rhetoric don't actually believe in the s**t that they spew. This explains their hypocritical behavior. They are too smart to believe in their own propaganda.

In my opinion, most rich as*holes have a Nietzschean mentality. They use moral rhetoric and lies to keep the masses in line, but they are actually motivated by egoism. The middle and lower classes are the ones that actually buy into that s**t.

The task of intellectuals like me is to break through the conditioning and show people that there is another way.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 9:32 am

Just bieng against all change is not an ideology, it is bieng a curmudgeon. Here in the USA as unfettered free market as possible has always been a conerstone of what is considered conservative.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 11:53 am

Want to know what it's like inside the mind of a Trump voter? Listen to the song "When the Boat Comes In" by Skrewdriver. Warning: It's a very unpleasant song to listen to.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 10:40 pm

I've guessed from the start that Trump was appealing to people who see civil rights gains for others as a loss for themselves.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 1:27 am

I grew up in a predominantly Hispanic area and have Hispanic relatives. Most of those I know and know of are church going conservatives. This is also true of a lot of African Americans.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2018, 3:32 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Just bieng against all change is not an ideology, it is bieng a curmudgeon. Here in the USA as unfettered free market as possible has always been a conerstone of what is considered conservative.

Conservatism is always about preserving power structures. The unfettered free market does a pretty good job of giving those with the most money the most power, therefore it’s supported by conservatives. Before capitalism, conservatism was about protecting the kings and feudal lords from the lowly riff-raft. Conservatives fear a loss of order in society if the powerful lose their control over the masses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 12:32 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Conservatism is always about preserving power structures. The unfettered free market does a pretty good job of giving those with the most money the most power, therefore it’s supported by conservatives. Before capitalism, conservatism was about protecting the kings and feudal lords from the lowly riff-raft. Conservatives fear a loss of order in society if the powerful lose their control over the masses.

Yes, just as conservatives in the Soviet Union were the staunchest supporters of communism, because in the same way that system allowed them to stay in power. I have a sneaking feeling that many of the current Russian oligarchs supporting Putin are former communists.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 12:41 pm

Yes, white racists were emboldened by Trumps victory, but the fact is its a lost cause. By 2050 the USA will be a majority non white nation, that's a fact, and its mostly going to be due to Mexican migration.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 2:15 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
Yes, white racists were emboldened by Trumps victory, but the fact is its a lost cause. By 2050 the USA will be a majority non white nation, that's a fact, and its mostly going to be due to Mexican migration.

And while they will be a minority eventually, and while most are normal regular non violent people, there's a minority of whites who are supremacists to the nth degree and will be violent. There will be race wars fought on US soil, again. These types will not just disappear quietly. The feel compelled to fight to preserve their "purity," as well as dominance. Things will definitely get a whole lot nastier in the USA with regards to race relations as the population demographics shift. Wait and see. The USA is an incredibly race charged country compared to most others.

We have our own backwards areas of Canada that I fear will react similarly. The highest population of white pointy hats can be found in Alberta, and you can bet money those redneck cowboys are the most likely in the country to get violent just the same like Trump supporting white supremacists. Heck, many of them Are Trump supporters.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 2:21 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

And while they will be a minority eventually, and while most are normal regular non violent people, there's a minority of whites who are supremacists to the nth degree and will be violent. There will be race wars fought on US soil, again. These types will not just disappear quietly. The feel compelled to fight to preserve their "purity," as well as dominance. Things will definitely get a whole lot nastier in the USA with regards to race relations as the population demographics shift. Wait and see. The USA is an incredibly race charged country compared to most others.

We have our own backwards areas of Canada that I fear will react similarly. The highest population of white pointy hats can be found in Alberta, and you can bet money those redneck cowboys are the most likely in the country to get violent just the same like Trump supporting white supremacists. Heck, many of them Are Trump supporters.

Do you mean the KKK exists in Canada? I know Alberta is full of what we Yanks call Rednecks, but that's still shocking to me if true.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 2:27 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

Do you mean the KKK exists in Canada? I know Alberta is full of what we Yanks call Rednecks, but that's still shocking to me if true.

Yes, the KKK exists in Canada.. it has for nearly a century, and it's presence is strongest in Alberta where all the rich white cowboy rednecks live.