Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 2:11 am

Does anybody have any plans for Free Comic-Book Day, this coming Saturday, the 5th, when Comic-Book stores engage in a promotion of giving away free promotional copy comic books? - Ones made and distributed as FBCD promos, not regular store stock.
And do you spell " Comic-Book " with it without a hyphen anyway? " FBCD " would appear to suggest that you do not :P .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 1:33 am

Sorry for coming late to this thread. A buddy and I actually had stopped by a comic book shop where we frequent on Free Comic Book day, and got a few free mags.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 11:54 am

...what did you get?
I couldn't get to my main - Local Comics Shop - LCD on FBCD. I was feeling too crippled and hobbled :cry: to get there in time, the OCS- Other Comics Shop - for me in downtown Santa Cruz was nearer, I had intended to go to both, I went to just ICS to say I'd been inside one on FBCD, I went to KLS the next day.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 12:20 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...what did you get?
I couldn't get to my main - Local Comics Shop - LCD on FBCD. I was feeling too crippled and hobbled :cry: to get there in time, the OCS- Other Comics Shop - for me in downtown Santa Cruz was nearer, I had intended to go to both, I went to just ICS to say I'd been inside one on FBCD, I went to KLS the next day.

Let's see... An Avengers, A Bob's Burgers and A Simpsons (those two for my daughter), Star Wars Adventures, and The Only Living Boy.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 9:42 pm

...You mesn that Bongo Free-Fir-All for Simpsons, right? I got that too.
An oddie I saw in advance was - " Howard Lovecraft's Guide to Summer Fun ", or some title like that. The OCS had it when I asked about it. Yes, that's H. P. Lovecraft! :wink: 8O It seemed to be a " fumetti/photo&comic " of scenes from an animated film printed on the page. Besides the Pokemon comic - which was maybe a little too Japanese in its style for me, I liked the Pokemon series that showed on Fox in the 00s, but I suppose it was rather Americanized - it was the only FCBD comic I went out wanting. Scanning through the OCS's Did rack, I didn't find it but I mentioned it to the staff and they found it. I got numerous other FCBD titles, most the next day at the LCS.

gauer"]

ASS-P wrote:
...what did you get?

Let's see... An Avengers, A Bob's Burgers and A Simpsons (those two for my daughter), Star Wars Adventures, and The Only Living Boy.[/quote]

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 11:24 pm

I always end up missing it, or forgetting entirely =/

Ditto to Record Store Day, and Free RPG Day.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 1:25 am

ASS-P wrote:
An oddie I saw in advance was - " Howard Lovecraft's Guide to Summer Fun ", or some title like that. The OCS had it when I asked about it. Yes, that's H. P. Lovecraft! :wink: 8O It seemed to be a " fumetti/photo&comic " of scenes from an animated film printed on the page. Besides the Pokemon comic - which was maybe a little too Japanese in its style for me, I liked the Pokemon series that showed on Fox in the 00s, but I suppose it was rather Americanized - it was the only FCBD comic I went out wanting. Scanning through the OCS's Did rack, I didn't find it but I mentioned it to the staff and they found it. I got numerous other FCBD titles, most the next day at the LCS.

Damn, I missed the Lovecraft thingy!

gauer"]
ASS-P wrote:
...what did you get?

Let's see... An Avengers, A Bob's Burgers and A Simpsons (those two for my daughter), Star Wars Adventures, and The Only Living Boy.
[/quote]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 1:26 am

ASS-P wrote:

Damn, I missed the Lovecraft thingy!

gauer"]
ASS-P wrote:
...what did you get?

[/quote]

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 8:21 am

Try again.